9 replies to this topic

#1 leberitou

leberitou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:music, photos, reading

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

I am on Win 7. Just installed Ceator 2011. The software doesn't find the pc cd player (a LG which reads blu ray recordings) which on the other side is well accepted by all other applications. Can someone tell me where is the problem and how to solve it? Thks

Edited by leberitou, 23 December 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,076 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

Since your problem has noting to do with the Roxio network Streamer, your topic has been shifted from that forum.

You mention a "pc cd player" is that some sort of read-only device [a ROM?] or is it a burner as well? Can you give us the model number, please?

You say "The software doesn't find the pc cd player", but can you tell us what applications/programs you're trying to find the pc cd player with?

Creator 2011 uses a special filter to find and control optical disc writers, but it leaves the reading of CD- or DVD-ROMs to Windows so if your drive is a ROM device it won't appear in many of the Creator screens. That's why we need to know what it is and when application/program you're trying to use before we can help you.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#3 leberitou

leberitou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

The device is "read" & "burn". It reads all supports including blue ray. The make is LG reported on the disc drive (D) under BD-CE. It was working well with creator 2009 under Win7. I just re-installed Win7 and tried with no success to have crearor 2009 be installed again. I uninstalled creator 2009 then installed creator 2011 which does not find the LG device used very well by windows media system for CD/DVD.

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

View Postleberitou, on 23 December 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

The device is "read" & "burn". It reads all supports including blue ray. The make is LG reported on the disc drive (D) under BD-CE. It was working well with creator 2009 under Win7. I just re-installed Win7 and tried with no success to have crearor 2009 be installed again. I uninstalled creator 2009 then installed creator 2011 which does not find the LG device used very well by windows media system for CD/DVD.

Creator 2009 is NOT supported in Win7...

.try this  http://kb.roxio.com/...&PARAMS=  for your 2011 problem.

#5 leberitou

leberitou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Downloaded "PX Engine". Problem still the same: No device detected. Any other solution? Thks

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,076 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

That PX Engine file is an updater. It will update your PX engine files, but will not re-install a broken PX Engine.

Please see THIS TOPIC and carefully follow Cdanteek's instructions in post #6 to completely reinstall the PX Engine.

If done properly, that should get Creator to see your mysterious writer.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#7 leberitou

leberitou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Frustrated & disapointed. Tried already suggested process by linking the file to the one of creator 2011. Followed also same process as described. None worked. All applications show: "No device detected". Will be away this WE and get back tuesday. Will see then if any solution would arise! in the meantime. Thks for all the help and concern.

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

View Postleberitou, on 24 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Frustrated & disapointed. Tried already suggested process by linking the file to the one of creator 2011. Followed also same process as described. None worked. All applications show: "No device detected". Will be away this WE and get back tuesday. Will see then if any solution would arise! in the meantime. Thks for all the help and concern.

Just one question that I didn't see,  does Windows see that optical drive?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

View Postleberitou, on 24 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

If all Roxio applications show "No device detected" but Windows/My Computer shows a drive, the solution is explained in post # 7.

Would you be so kind to explain in a step by step detailed explanation what you mean and exactly what you did,  "linking the file to the one of creator 2011"?

And a detailed explanation what you mean and exactly what you did,  "Followed also same process as described. None worked."?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#10 lwsputnik

lwsputnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

leberitou:

I'm using v2011, but I work mostly with audio.  My best guess at this point, would be to navigate to the file, right-click on it and see if you find an "open with" option in the dialog-box.  Then see if "Roxio 2011" is listed.  I'll fool around with stuff like that for a while and if I have any luck, I'll try to get back to you.  As an alternative, Roxio might let you navigate to the drive and file from within the application.

Conversely, If you have any luck before I do, can you let me know?
HillBilly ;~}
(Cruise Director and Top-Dawg)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users