Blu-Rey

Current Display Settings Do Not Meet The Minimum Requirements

Question

I get the following error when I attempt to start VideoWave:

"The Current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Please change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, and the color quality to 16-bit or higher." The problem then exits.

This version of VideoWave works fine on my Vista 64bit computer.

I tried the recommendation in this thread because the problem seemed related but it did not work for me: http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/68213-insufficient-video-resources/page__pid__361753#entry361753

I am currently at resolution 1920x1080, 32-bit. I have tried 1024x768 16bit and got the same error. I have also connected a 2nd monitor at 1920x1280, 32-bit and still get the error.

I have attempted to run VideoWave "as administrator", and also in Vista 64bit, SP2 compatibility mode.. still get the error.

My Setup:

Roxio Creator 2011, service pack 1

VideoWave 13

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, SP1

HP dv6 Notebook PC QJ912AV#ABA, Intel i7-2670QM, 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 6490M - Intel HD Graphics 3000, Dedicated video memory 1280MB, total available 5093 MB.

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

I get the following error when I attempt to start VideoWave:

"The Current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Please change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, and the color quality to 16-bit or higher." The problem then exits.

This version of VideoWave works fine on my Vista 64bit computer.

I tried the recommendation in this thread because the problem seemed related but it did not work for me: http://forums.suppor...753#entry361753

I am currently at resolution 1920x1080, 32-bit. I have tried 1024x768 16bit and got the same error. I have also connected a 2nd monitor at 1920x1280, 32-bit and still get the error.

I have attempted to run VideoWave "as administrator", and also in Vista 64bit, SP2 compatibility mode.. still get the error.

My Setup:

Roxio Creator 2011, service pack 1

VideoWave 13

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, SP1

HP dv6 Notebook PC QJ912AV#ABA, Intel i7-2670QM, 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 6490M - Intel HD Graphics 3000, Dedicated video memory 1280MB, total available 5093 MB.

Do not try to run the program in compatibility mode. Make sure that is turned off.

I can't find them now but perhaps you can. find the video drivers for that notebook. Found - go here. One of the issues is that you have listed two video devices. ATI Radeon mobility and also Intel HD Graphics 3000. Which are you using? The latest driver from the one I found is dated Sept 16 , 2011.

Have you updated the drivers for that notebook from the HP web site? Do not use updates from anywhere else since laptop drivers are modified for use on that laptop.

That QJ number you posted is something else. The notebook is a Pavillion it should be in the form of dv6?-?????.

Edited by sknis

I tried the recommendation in this thread because the problem seemed related but it did not work for me:

Not even remotely related to your problem!

What are your User Account Control or UAC settings?

Have you ran a repair from the installation disc when offered?

Forget the dual monitors for now, problems have been reported using two monitors with Roxio software.

Intel® HD Graphics 3000 delivers immersive and casual mainstream gaming capabilities with entry-level discrete graphics card performance without an additional graphics card or chip.

Intel® HD Graphics 2000 delivers casual mainstream gaming capabilities without an additional graphics card or chip.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hd-graphics/hd-graphics-developer.html

They're made to work with a Graphics Card or without, the OP mentioned the one he has "ATI Radeon HD 6490M".

Edited by cdanteek

A little confused as to what I should be trying. Windows has no updates to install, HP Support assistant has no updates to install.

This is a brand new laptop, with nothing more than the OS, Firefox, MS Office '97 and Roxio loaded (and all updates).

I have not tried to run a repair from Roxio because nothing failed or gave error during the install. I can try that I guess but it will have to wait unfortunately until I return home where my disc is.

For UAC it would be standard windows, I have not changed anything. The user is authorized, with modify, read & execute, read, write.

I have tried to run VideoWave "as administrator". The user I am logged on to is the only user.

A little confused as to what I should be trying. Windows has no updates to install, HP Support assistant has no updates to install.

This is a brand new laptop, with nothing more than the OS, Firefox, MS Office '97 and Roxio loaded (and all updates).

I have not tried to run a repair from Roxio because nothing failed or gave error during the install. I can try that I guess but it will have to wait unfortunately until I return home where my disc is.

For UAC it would be standard windows, I have not changed anything. The user is authorized, with modify, read & execute, read, write.

I have tried to run VideoWave "as administrator". The user I am logged on to is the only user.

Do you think the installation on that PC might be broken?

post-97-083440500 1324917297.jpg

I get the same exact error message when I attempt to open Video Wave. Really frustrating!!!

You just posted to a 3 year thread and supply no information whatsoever. How can you expect any help? :blink:

Here is my information: I repeatedly got the same error message as the gentleman above "The Current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Please change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, and the color quality to 16-bit or higher" every time I tried to open VideoWave on Roxio Creator 2012. So I upgraded to Roxio NXT2 tonight and lo and behold, the same error message pops up. Windows 8 is my operating system btw.

Edited by jetbosoxfan

I was hoping for another response/solution since I got nowhere with the last thread I started a few weeks ago.

You never came back and told us if you did any of the things that were asked.

Of course you get the same thing happening with NXT since the problem is with your system and not the software

Edited by myguggi

I was told that the "Best way of doing it is to find out what video device you have . It could be a card or a chip on the motherboard. Go to he manufacturer's web site and let it search for your card and drivers with the information you provide. If it i son onboard chip, Microsoft does have updated drives. If the chip is highlyu modified, it will not allow you to update. You will have to go to the computer manufacturer's support web site and see if there are any new drivers from there. Follow the instructions." Dell told me that simply adding an HDMI cable would probably work. It doesn't.

I guess I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how my current display settings don't meet the minimum requirement to run either NXT or Creator 2012...when they're set at 1920 x 1080? As far as the color quality is concerned...it doesn't go any lower than 16 bit?!?!?

I was hoping for another response/solution since I got nowhere with the last thread I started a few weeks ago.

??? You haven't started anything since 1 year ago and most recently 3 months ago :huh:

post-39730-0-20923900-1388842799_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you tried to "Start a New Topic" a few weeks ago but hit Cancel at the end?

I guess I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how my current display settings don't meet the minimum requirement to run either NXT or Creator 2012...when they're set at 1920 x 1080? As far as the color quality is concerned...it doesn't go any lower than 16 bit?!?!?

Screen Resolution is only ONE part of it... Your DPI setting is the other!

Right Click to double check Resolution ~ then click on Display at the top:

post-39730-0-22276100-1388842779_thumb.jpg

Make sure you are set to Normal (100%) there:

post-39730-0-04997100-1388842781_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, changing the display settings (back to 100% Normal) was all I needed to do. Now VideoWave opens just fine. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. A little faith in the power of God also works every time.