• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Metalhoerer

Metalhoerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hello, I recently bought roxio Game capture for pc. I'm surprised how smooth I can play while recording. But I recorded some skyrim gameplay and it seems it only recorded the sound. Also when I try to edit the "Video" or other videos I recorded before (with fraps) with roxio video wave it doesn't recognize them as videos and I can't edit them. Besides I have the problem, that the program doesn't recognize battlefield 3 as game and I can't use the program with bf3.

Will there be a Patch/Update for bf3? and how can I fix my Record/editing problem?

Thx metalhoerer

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostMetalhoerer, on 24 December 2011 - 08:38 AM, said:

Hello, I recently bought roxio Game capture for pc. I'm surprised how smooth I can play while recording. But I recorded some skyrim gameplay and it seems it only recorded the sound. Also when I try to edit the "Video" or other videos I recorded before (with fraps) with roxio video wave it doesn't recognize them as videos and I can't edit them. Besides I have the problem, that the program doesn't recognize battlefield 3 as game and I can't use the program with bf3.

Will there be a Patch/Update for bf3? and how can I fix my Record/editing problem?

Thx metalhoerer

What computer do you have, what operating system, what video device and what driver for that device?  Hpw much defragmented hard drive space.  Where are you saving the files to?

Do you have your anti-virus running while you are capturing?  If so, either shut it off or set it not to scan those files being written to you hard drive.

Have you look through these to see if one of them helps you (link)?

Edited by sknis, 25 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Metalhoerer

Metalhoerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Thx for the answer, I figured out this link before and installed the codec pack and changed the program to "run as admin". But this has not solved my problems, bf3 still not detected and the videos I record only show audio when I play them. I read that roxio only supports DirectX 9 and 10, maybe itīs because of this that bf3 doesnīt work.

My Pc:

-Windows 7 64-bit service pack 1
-Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz
-6Gb RAM
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (driver: 285.62 WHQL)

Iīm not sure if you mean my graphic card by video device? I donīt know what you mean by defragmented harddrive space, but I have 8/97gb in C:, 373/498gb in D: and 410/931gb in K: (which is external)

I record the videos to K:

Yes I run Norton Antivirus while playing/recording, I will try your advice and reply.

If this information isnīt enough please reply how I can retrieve more information about my computer.

Thx Metalhoerer

#4 Metalhoerer

Metalhoerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

I turned off the antivirus, but nothing changed. Still records only like 6sec of sound and stops @2sec when played. The program begins to record when I go back to the game instead of waiting that I hit the F6 button to start recording. The only thing that works well, is to take screenshots while ingame.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

View PostMetalhoerer, on 25 December 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

I turned off the antivirus, but nothing changed. Still records only like 6sec of sound and stops @2sec when played. The program begins to record when I go back to the game instead of waiting that I hit the F6 button to start recording. The only thing that works well, is to take screenshots while ingame.

As a test, first clean up you system drive and defrag it.  Next try capturing to your system drive.  Does that help?

Is K plugged directly into your computer  through a USB jack on the back of your computer or through a USB hub that is plugged into either the front or the back?

Re: fraps from Wikipedia:

Fraps codec is considerably less space-efficient than standard video formats such as H.264, as well as making recorded videos unplayable unless Fraps (or ffdshow) is installed. Fraps recordings can be transcoded to a standard format using software such as Windows Movie Maker or VirtualDub. (Blue text is not link).

You have a very good video device  (card) and the latest drivers.  That should not be part of the problem.   Your computer is nt the problem unless it is the connections.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 Metalhoerer

Metalhoerer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

So, I have an update, it works now :) I can capture sound and video. Itīs because I deinstalled an old codec pack and the k-lite codec pack, then I installed some codecs separately.
I can watch my recordings with the normal windows media player.

K: is plugged in directly to my pc via USB

now Iīm recording my things to D:

Fraps videos were not working, but I reinstalled fraps and it solved the issue.

Bf3 still doesnīt works. I hope they make a patch/update for bf3 (and newer games), because I mainly bought it for this game.

Thx for your help :)

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

View PostMetalhoerer, on 26 December 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

So, I have an update, it works now :) I can capture sound and video. Itīs because I deinstalled an old codec pack and the k-lite codec pack, then I installed some codecs separately.
I can watch my recordings with the normal windows media player.

K: is plugged in directly to my pc via USB

now Iīm recording my things to D:

Fraps videos were not working, but I reinstalled fraps and it solved the issue.

Bf3 still doesnīt works. I hope they make a patch/update for bf3 (and newer games), because I mainly bought it for this game.

Thx for your help :)

I may be a DirectX issue.  This program was written to make use of DirectX 9c and from the bf3 web site, I see this :"However, please note that Battlefield 3 won’t support DirecX 9,"

My guess is that they are not compatible.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#8 SlyRoach

SlyRoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm having the same problem with the BF3 recordings. I've just recently got the same reply that it's probably the DirectX incompatibility and that I need to talk to Microsoft. This simply can't be the case, BF3 runs DirectX 11, and the Roxio software claims to be DirectX 9 and later compatible. I 'think' they have resolved the issue with BF3 not working through a recent patch for the Roxio software. However when I instal the update, in which the Roxio program does it itself, the whole program goes to ^#!& and doesn't work at all.

I've still been sending Roxio support emails about trying to get the patch fixed, but they keep giving me the run around.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostSlyRoach, on 26 March 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm having the same problem with the BF3 recordings. I've just recently got the same reply that it's probably the DirectX incompatibility and that I need to talk to Microsoft. This simply can't be the case, BF3 runs DirectX 11, and the Roxio software claims to be DirectX 9 and later compatible. I 'think' they have resolved the issue with BF3 not working through a recent patch for the Roxio software. However when I instal the update, in which the Roxio program does it itself, the whole program goes to ^#!& and doesn't work at all.

I've still been sending Roxio support emails about trying to get the patch fixed, but they keep giving me the run around.

Direct X 11 IS NOT and upgrade for Direct X 9c.  You must have 9c on your computer.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#10 SlyRoach

SlyRoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

BF3 is DX11. And the Roxio software advertises that it's DX9© and later compatible. So the DX 9c should be irrelevant?

Roxio does work, with some of my games. Like WOW, Eve Online and League of Legends. Also works with most of my Steam games. It just doesn't work with BF3, which like the other guy in this post, was my main reason for purchase.

If it is still a DX 9c issue, can you explain it a little more and is it a simple fix as in, all I need to do it DL and install DX9c?

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostSlyRoach, on 27 March 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

BF3 is DX11. And the Roxio software advertises that it's DX9© and later compatible. So the DX 9c should be irrelevant?

Roxio does work, with some of my games. Like WOW, Eve Online and League of Legends. Also works with most of my Steam games. It just doesn't work with BF3, which like the other guy in this post, was my main reason for purchase.

If it is still a DX 9c issue, can you explain it a little more and is it a simple fix as in, all I need to do it DL and install DX9c?

The DX9 Roxio needs in on the installation disc.

Has nothing to do with DX11 and they work fine together.

Attached File  GP.jpg   67.46K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#12 SlyRoach

SlyRoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Well I used the standard installation, so it should be installed correctly.

There has to be something not working between the two programs. BF3 runs fine. Roxio works fine. They just don't seem to want to play together lol

Roxio support said it's a DX issue, and from what I understand you guys are saying, it's not.

I'm just trying to find a solution X_X

#13 Kinghowser

Kinghowser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

the game recording software will not work with DX11 period. Look on the makers of the software wegames website. wegames will work with DX9 DX10 but not DX11.

To record new games that uses DX11 you have to play in an older version of DX. Roxio does not make the recording software. they make the editing software.

#14 DuX14

DuX14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

So the Battlefield 3 players who wish to record and share BF3 Game footage are SOL simply because of DX11? Is there no remedy or patch here that won't degrade gameplay/recordings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users