#1 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

error screen:

Roxio Creator 2011 Wizard was interrupted

Roxio Creator setup was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

I saved the log file

Attached Files

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

View Postmstclair, on 26 December 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

error screen:

Roxio Creator 2011 Wizard was interrupted

Roxio Creator setup was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

I saved the log file

12/26/11 16:08:23 -    Action InstallActions.DIRECTX_FEB10.Install failed with exit code 1603.
12/26/11 16:08:23 - Installation failed with error code 1603
12/26/11 16:08:23 - Rolling back installation

Disabling Installation Of Directx

http://forums.suppor...ion-of-directx/
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 26 December 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

Disabling Installation Of Directx

http://forums.suppor...ion-of-directx/

thanks for response - sounds complicated but I'll give it a whirl!

do I need to do anything once sucessful to go back to normal? "re-enable" directx for other purposes or anything else?
thanks again

#4 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

also - apologies for ignorance - there is no clear folder on the disk that announces it houses the "install files"  do I just copy over all of the folders/content into a folder on my hard drive....?  or do I just look for the one exe file...    

thank you again

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

View Postmstclair, on 26 December 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

also - apologies for ignorance - there is no clear folder on the disk that announces it houses the "install files"  do I just copy over all of the folders/content into a folder on my hard drive....?  or do I just look for the one exe file...    

thank you again

Is this any clearer? If not get a friend or family member with better PC skills and have them help you.

Everything you see on the disc is part of the install files and you copy that to a new folder you make on your harddrive!

1. Download and install latest DirectX 9 Runtimes from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft...91-50ceb6d8fa8d

2. Copy all install files from disc to folder on harddrive. If you have a downloaded version (ie. RoxioCreator2011_JA08NXD0R13.exe) you'll need to extract the .exe file using Winzip(Free Trial works) or WinRar.

3. Download the following and extract to folder where install files are. Replace setup.exe
http://www.dutran.co...etup356B40A.zip

4. Click on the batch file "DisableDirectX.bat"

5. Install the Roxio application.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#6 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Thanks again for your time. Think it is sufficiently dumbed-down now!

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

View Postmstclair, on 29 December 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

Thanks again for your time. Think it is sufficiently dumbed-down now!

And that means?
cd
Spoiler

#8 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

means I appreciate you simplifying things even further to make it easier to me to follow!

#9 mstclair

mstclair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

I followed steps as instructed.

Everything seemed to be working until....

"Roxio Creator 2011 Wizard was interrupted"

Roxio Creator 2011 setup was interrrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

I have attached the log file that appears to be the relevant one based on the last modified date.

Again, thanks for any help/advice..

Attached Files

#10 Slick and Bubbas

Slick and Bubbas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

I am having the same issue.  Has this been resolved for you?

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostSlick and Bubbas, on 29 February 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

I am having the same issue.  Has this been resolved for you?

If your asking mstclair that question he/she hasn't been back to the board since Jan 02 2012 01:37 PM.

If you have issues I would start your own thread.
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users