#1 Lies

Lies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

hello everyone.
We have been on vacation to Disney America and I have lots of movies. I think i know how to cut and paste, but if you have tips i be happy. My question is, when I have finisched my project and I am going to make a dvd for television I want to have a menu in it so that you can choose where you want to start watching the video.
I am not an expert and my native language is Dutch (Netherlands) so please keep it easy for my to understand.
I have almost 7 hours of movie to work with so I would like to do it right. I think it is a lot of work.
I hope that I have been clear in asking the question. Whit not to many writing mistakes.

Greatings Lies.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

View PostLies, on 30 December 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

hello everyone.
We have been on vacation to Disney America and I have lots of movies. I think i know how to cut and paste, but if you have tips i be happy. My question is, when I have finisched my project and I am going to make a dvd for television I want to have a menu in it so that you can choose where you want to start watching the video.
I am not an expert and my native language is Dutch (Netherlands) so please keep it easy for my to understand.
I have almost 7 hours of movie to work with so I would like to do it right. I think it is a lot of work.
I hope that I have been clear in asking the question. Whit not to many writing mistakes.

Greatings Lies.

Look at these:

http://www.emctips.com/videowave.html
http://saknis.net/Roxio/V8-V9.htm
http://mymoments.rox...-tutorials.html
http://roxiocentral....ing_center.html
http://forums.suppor...ay-of-doing-it/

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,448 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

Also remember that any more than 60 minutes of video on a standard single layer DVD will cause the program to adjust the quality of the video to poorer resolution .  It may become unwatchable.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 Lies

Lies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for your reaction, but I don't think that this is what I mean.
I want to make a menu of my movies on the dvd I want to make for playing on television so that I can choose which movie I want to see, so that I don't always have to start at the beginning.
I could be possible that I did not understand correctly all the information, because I could not find the item in the links you have given me.
I hope that you understand what  I mean.

greatings Lies

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,448 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostLies, on 02 January 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Thank you for your reaction, but I don't think that this is what I mean.
I want to make a menu of my movies on the dvd I want to make for playing on television so that I can choose which movie I want to see, so that I don't always have to start at the beginning.
I could be possible that I did not understand correctly all the information, because I could not find the item in the links you have given me.
I hope that you understand what  I mean.

greatings Lies

Read this starting about 1/2 way down with Create DVD (my DVD).  You can skip the part about Video Wave since you didn't ask about that.

Thy this    after  reading this.   But you should   know this.

If those don't helop, we need more detail !  Posted Image
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 Lies

Lies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

Thank you for the explanation. There was one item that I could not download for it takes ever soo long to make connection. It was the second item i think.
But I will read everything carefully, because I have to translate it into my own language.
I hope that I get it right.

greatings Lies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users