• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RCdude

RCdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

hey guys, im making this commercial type dvd for my job, its got videos and pictures of all the stuff we have, the dvd so far came out to 7 min long, which is perfect. now i want to copy and paste this 7 minutes to make the dvd a full 90 minutes long. so the same 7 minutes video would basically replay for the 90 minutes. i can copy and past the video no problem, but i added text effects to the video and for some reason i can't copy and paste the text effects. is there anything i can do? im looking to replay the same 7 minute video through out the whole time.
thanks in advanced for your help

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

If you create a DVD without menus it will both auto start and loop until the next ice age...

Plan B:

output your 7 minute production to an mpeg file (Export As)

Then add that file into a new Production 13 times (91 minutes) ;)

One of those should give you what you want, if not, keep asking :lol:
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

View PostRCdude, on 30 December 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

hey guys, im making this commercial type dvd for my job, its got videos and pictures of all the stuff we have, the dvd so far came out to 7 min long, which is perfect. now i want to copy and paste this 7 minutes to make the dvd a full 90 minutes long. so the same 7 minutes video would basically replay for the 90 minutes. i can copy and past the video no problem, but i added text effects to the video and for some reason i can't copy and paste the text effects. is there anything i can do? im looking to replay the same 7 minute video through out the whole time.
thanks in advanced for your help

When you go to make the DVD, put the 7 minute video into the Create DVD project and turn off the menu.  The 7 minute movie will repeat automatically until you shut down the player.

You should be adding your text effects, etc into Cretae DVD Advanced and outputting it from there to a file output as a mpg2 for DVD, best quality and then add that encoded file to Create DVD.

You cannot put 90 minutes of video on a single layer DVD and not lose a lot in quality.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 RCdude

RCdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

ok the exporting thing worked great, but now to create the dvd, i want like you said and have no menus and strictly just play the video once the dvd is in the player... can you guide me step by step on how to do this?

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,182 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostRCdude, on 30 December 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

ok the exporting thing worked great, but now to create the dvd, i want like you said and have no menus and strictly just play the video once the dvd is in the player... can you guide me step by step on how to do this?

Attached File  1.jpg   59.53K   0 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   211.59K   0 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   233.91K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#6 RCdude

RCdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

awsome i got it, but im having a problem when i view it on a dvd player. its like the DVD is stretched out, like the ratio isnt correct and i have words going from the left side of the screen all the way to the right. it looks fine on the preview, but when i put it in a dvd player, the words are cut off...ill insert a pic to show what i mean

inside the red square is what i see on the tv. my tv settings are on normal (i even tried it with sidebar setting) and it still shows up cut off. also the aspect ratio i chose when i first started was Normal 4:3

Attached Files

Edited by RCdude, 30 December 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

View PostRCdude, on 30 December 2011 - 08:33 PM, said:

awsome i got it, but im having a problem when i view it on a dvd player. its like the DVD is stretched out, like the ratio isnt correct and i have words going from the left side of the screen all the way to the right. it looks fine on the preview, but when i put it in a dvd player, the words are cut off...ill insert a pic to show what i mean

inside the red square is what i see on the tv. my tv settings are on normal (i even tried it with sidebar setting) and it still shows up cut off. also the aspect ratio i chose when i first started was Normal 4:3

You are exceeding the TV Safe Zone with the length and the position of your text. Click on View and then on TV Safe Zone on the drop-down menu to see the area that will be displayed on standard TVs.

Read this to find out about the Safe Zone (or area)  or do a google search on "TV Safe Zone" to find out more

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,567 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Safe Zone is one reason but aspect ratio could be another...

If you shot it in 16:9 (widescreen) you must have VideoWave set to a 16:9 Project before you add the video!!!!!!!

As a test, open your VW Project and right click on the clip you added. Select Aspect Ratio Handling and see what it says at the top about the Project as well as the Source:

Attached File  Aspect Ratio 1.jpg   249.26K   0 downloads
(this one is a 16:9 Production with a 4:3 Source)

We also need to consider what you will be viewing it on. If you have a Widescreen monitor/TV to view it on, then keep it 16:9 all the way through. If it is going to be 4:3, keep everything to that ratio.

If it is going to be mixed 4:3 and 16:9 :huh:  Then you need to make a decision... One way or another, in that case, you will get black bars! ONLY way around it in that case is to have a disc made up for each possibility and hope you never get them mixed up :o

Give us that info and we can advise you of some good ways to handle it. All is not lost!
Posted Image

#9 RCdude

RCdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Guys you have been the biggest help ever! i have completed the DVD and it looks great, some pictures are a little out of the frame but its ok. Dvd's are up and running and the no menu option is working out great!!! thanks for your help, but my final question is this

i have about 5 videos all which have audio in them. the first video (which is a 2 minute commercial) works fine and has audio. but the other 4 videos play fine but no audio is heard... so i see the video but do not hear the audio. anyway to fix this?

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,509 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

View PostRCdude, on 31 December 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

Guys you have been the biggest help ever! i have completed the DVD and it looks great, some pictures are a little out of the frame but its ok. Dvd's are up and running and the no menu option is working out great!!! thanks for your help, but my final question is this

i have about 5 videos all which have audio in them. the first video (which is a 2 minute commercial) works fine and has audio. but the other 4 videos play fine but no audio is heard... so i see the video but do not hear the audio. anyway to fix this?

What format are the video that don't have the sound?
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#11 RCdude

RCdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

View Postsknis, on 31 December 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

What format are the video that don't have the sound?

all videos are in .mp4 format, even the one that im able to hear the audio from is in mp4 format

#12 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,509 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostRCdude, on 31 December 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

all videos are in .mp4 format, even the one that im able to hear the audio from is in mp4 format

The first thing to try is to use Copy and Convert Video to convert the videos to mpg2..  Use the custom settings to select the resolution and don't forget to check the audio format.

That works for most people but some have to use a third part video converter.  There are a bunch of free ones like, (example only) "Any Video Converter."

Audio for Roxio (and your version) is tricky.  Soem videos have either a different format or too high a bit rate for Roxio to handle.  Using Copy and Convertt usually get the audio to a usable format but sometimes the third party converter is needed  to get the audio to where Roxio can use it.

Where did you get the mp4 videos?   That may give you a hint about the audio portion.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users