• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lindsaymarie

lindsaymarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

HellO! Hoping someone out there can help.

I use Roxio Creator 2010 to burn DVDs. For the longest time all worked fine and then all of a sudden one day every DVD I burn - when I play it back, the DVD is burned onto the menu screen itself. where I would typically select to play the movie. I can see it playing through but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Please help!

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

View Postlindsaymarie, on 30 December 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

I use Roxio Creator 2010 to burn DVDs. For the longest time all worked fine and then all of a sudden one day every DVD I burn - when I play it back, the DVD is burned onto the menu screen itself. where I would typically select to play the movie. I can see it playing through but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Please help!

Hmmm, that is interesting.  Could you capture and post a screen shot of this happening?

Do it this way.

Oops, I forgot to ask if this happens only on your DVD player or if it also happens on your computer -- it would have to happen on your computer in order to do the screen shot.

Edited by sknis, 30 December 2011 - 02:27 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 JackC

JackC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postlindsaymarie, on 30 December 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Please help!
I don't have an answer just a note that I have the same problem. I tried to create a DVD from an .avi file with MyDVD express. The burn is to a menu screen with a bunch of extraneous sounds and just the beginning of the avi film repeated. I've used this before without any problem.
Frustrated as well.
Jack

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostJackC, on 25 March 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

I don't have an answer just a note that I have the same problem. I tried to create a DVD from an .avi file with MyDVD express. The burn is to a menu screen with a bunch of extraneous sounds and just the beginning of the avi film repeated. I've used this before without any problem.
Frustrated as well.
Jack

Don't use myDVD Express to create DVDs. It is a dumbed down, simplistic program with all sorts of problems. It has been dropped in newer Roxio programs.

Use myDVD to create DVDs.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users