First-Timer

Making Dvd's From Mp4 Files

Question

I am a new user and am having issues burning discs using MP4 videos from "My Videos" on my computer to a Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disk. Each of my short video clips are about 45 seconds. I am able to burn all of them (12 or more) to the disk, however, when I play them in my DVD player only the first 2 play. Once they play through the first time, they loop again and play through again. I am really frustrated and would love some help. Thank you!

4 answers to this question

I am a new user and am having issues burning discs using MP4 videos from "My Videos" on my computer to a Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disk. Each of my short video clips are about 45 seconds. I am able to burn all of them (12 or more) to the disk, however, when I play them in my DVD player only the first 2 play. Once they play through the first time, they loop again and play through again. I am really frustrated and would love some help. Thank you!

You have supplied no information at all on how you are burning to DVD or even what you are trying to do. What program are you using to burn the clips to a DVD?

Are you trying to create a data DVD or a video DVD?

You have supplied no information at all on how you are burning to DVD or even what you are trying to do. What program are you using to burn the clips to a DVD?

Are you trying to create a data DVD or a video DVD?

I am trying to make a video DVD and am using the Roxio Creator 2012 program. Here are my steps I am using:

1. click on Copy and Convert Video

2. click on Convert Video tab

3. click on Add Source Movies

4. highlight group of movies to add (total of 695 MB)

5. move file size to "highest quality"

6. save file to "disc/disc image"

7. click on "go" button on bottom right

8. insert Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disc

9. AutoPlay DVD RW Drive (E:) comes up with options to choose for what to do with the disc; I choose the Roxio Add Files using Roxio Home Data (Once I chose the option for burning discs for Power 2 Go, and when I put it into the DVD player for my TV, it said "Unknown Disc")

10. Once it is finished the disc drawer opens, I take my disc to the DVD player and only the first two videos of about 12 play over and over

I am trying to make a video DVD and am using the Roxio Creator 2012 program. Here are my steps I am using:

9. AutoPlay DVD RW Drive (E:) comes up with options to choose for what to do with the disc; I choose the Roxio Add Files using Roxio Home Data (Once I chose the option for burning discs for Power 2 Go, and when I put it into the DVD player for my TV, it said "Unknown Disc")

10. Once it is finished the disc drawer opens, I take my disc to the DVD player and only the first two videos of about 12 play over and over

Why are you using Power2Go. Roxio has a very good disc burning program.

Instead of using Copy and Convert, just use Create DVD. Open that, select type of project and add a menu if you wish. Add those mp4 files as is select to burn to disc at best qualtiy.

Note that experienced users burn to an ISO file ot to a folder set and then Burn that to a disc (do not just copy it). You can use Copy and Convert to burn the ISO or folder set to a disc. The advantage is that if you want to make several copies, you can do so from the ISO or folder and also burning to an ISO or folder set separates the encoding from the burning which usually gives better esults.

Turn off Windows AutoPlay, choose DVD on the output side.