Jump to content

Roxio Community

Making Dvd's From Mp4 Files


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 First-Timer

First-Timer

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am a new user and am having issues burning discs using MP4 videos from "My Videos" on my computer to a Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disk.  Each of my short video clips are about 45 seconds.  I am able to burn all of them (12 or more) to the disk, however, when I play them in my DVD player only the first 2 play.  Once they play through the first time, they loop again and play through again.  I am really frustrated and would love some help.  Thank you!

#2 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,737 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostFirst-Timer, on 01 January 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

I am a new user and am having issues burning discs using MP4 videos from "My Videos" on my computer to a Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disk.  Each of my short video clips are about 45 seconds.  I am able to burn all of them (12 or more) to the disk, however, when I play them in my DVD player only the first 2 play.  Once they play through the first time, they loop again and play through again.  I am really frustrated and would love some help.  Thank you!

You have supplied no information at all on how you are burning to DVD or even what you are trying to do. What program are you using to burn the clips to a DVD?

Are you trying to create a data DVD or a video DVD?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#3 First-Timer

First-Timer

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 01 January 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

You have supplied no information at all on how you are burning to DVD or even what you are trying to do. What program are you using to burn the clips to a DVD?

Are you trying to create a data DVD or a video DVD?

I am trying to make a video DVD and am using the Roxio Creator 2012 program.  Here are my steps I am using:

1. click on Copy and Convert Video
2. click on Convert Video tab
3. click on Add Source Movies
4. highlight group of movies to add (total of 695 MB)
5. move file size to "highest quality"
6. save file to "disc/disc image"
7. click on "go" button on bottom right
8. insert Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disc
9. AutoPlay DVD RW Drive (E:) comes up with options to choose for what to do with the disc; I choose the Roxio Add Files using Roxio Home Data (Once I chose the option for burning discs for Power 2 Go, and when I put it into the DVD player for my TV, it said "Unknown Disc")
10. Once it is finished the disc drawer opens, I take my disc to the DVD player and only the first two videos of about 12 play over and over

#4 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostFirst-Timer, on 02 January 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

I am trying to make a video DVD and am using the Roxio Creator 2012 program.  Here are my steps I am using:

1. click on Copy and Convert Video
2. click on Convert Video tab
3. click on Add Source Movies
4. highlight group of movies to add (total of 695 MB)
5. move file size to "highest quality"
6. save file to "disc/disc image"
7. click on "go" button on bottom right
8. insert Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disc
9. AutoPlay DVD RW Drive (E:) comes up with options to choose for what to do with the disc; I choose the Roxio Add Files using Roxio Home Data (Once I chose the option for burning discs for Power 2 Go, and when I put it into the DVD player for my TV, it said "Unknown Disc")
10. Once it is finished the disc drawer opens, I take my disc to the DVD player and only the first two videos of about 12 play over and over

Why are you using Power2Go.  Roxio has a very good disc burning program.  

Instead of using Copy and Convert, just use Create DVD.  Open that, select type of project and add a menu if you wish.  Add those mp4 files as is select to burn to disc at best qualtiy.

Note that experienced users burn to an ISO file ot to a folder set and then Burn that to a disc  (do not just copy it).  You can use Copy and Convert to burn the ISO or folder set to a disc.  The advantage is that if you want to make several copies, you can do so from the ISO or folder  and also burning to an ISO or folder set separates the encoding from the burning which usually gives better esults.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostFirst-Timer, on 02 January 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

I am trying to make a video DVD and am using the Roxio Creator 2012 program.  Here are my steps I am using:

1. click on Copy and Convert Video
2. click on Convert Video tab
3. click on Add Source Movies
4. highlight group of movies to add (total of 695 MB)
5. move file size to "highest quality"
6. save file to "disc/disc image"
7. click on "go" button on bottom right
8. insert Verbatim DVD+R 4.7 GB disc
9. AutoPlay DVD RW Drive (E:) comes up with options to choose for what to do with the disc; I choose the Roxio Add Files using Roxio Home Data (Once I chose the option for burning discs for Power 2 Go, and when I put it into the DVD player for my TV, it said "Unknown Disc")
10. Once it is finished the disc drawer opens, I take my disc to the DVD player and only the first two videos of about 12 play over and over



Turn off Windows AutoPlay, choose DVD on the output side.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users