Sign in to follow this  
rodk

Creating 3D Slideshow In Videowave

Question

Hi, first time here.

I got roxio 2012 as I am an avid photographer and interested in 3d. I tried reading other forums, but haven't found anybody else having my issues. Maybe I'm just slow, but I hope someone can get me on the right track. I start by creating the photos with my slr(side by side), then create the 3d image in 3d photo creator. I can save them as .mpo can play directly on my Panasonic 3d plasma TV with no problem. The problems start when i want to use the slideshow creator in videowave.

After loading the photos and transition theme, I save the project and attempt to send to my dvd and create an AVCHD with fit todisk as an option. Two different errors occur: unable to render and invalid function call.

Is my computer hooped? Or, do I need a special video card/pc to render 3d images with this software?

This may be vague and I apologize but I'm not sure what questions to ask or where to go with this. Any help or further questions greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Rod k

4 answers to this question

Try a KISS Project...

Open VideoWave and add TWO pictures.

Put a transition between them, Save and Create DVD.

Use a DVD RW or output to file from MyDVD ~ just trying to get it to succeed here ;)

If it works, try it with a project about 1/2 the size of your first, then one the same size. Don't waste time making it pretty, just slap things together for this testing :lol:

First, please post your computer specs. 3D takes a lot of CPU power and a GOOD video card. I'm not sure I would even attempt it with a underpowered laptop. I have tried it but the rendering is excrusiatingly slow.

I just tired this to see if it works. I just got the ability to view 3D but I had a Nvidia 3D enabled card.

I started with 2D images that I converted to 3D with the side by side jps format.

I selected 3D format for my video wave production. I added several images and then added transitions. I saved the project, closed Video Wave and opened Create DVD. I selected DVD ReadD as the type of input. It added the project with no issue (remember no menus are allowed). I selected to burn to a DVD since this was a short production. Normally I would have made an ISO file and then burned that. After it burned, I was able to start viewing it with CinePlayer on my computer.

Warning ! the transitions caused CinePlayer to hang but the disc was 3D. I used a different player and it played the disc but skipped the transitions.

Add Jim's suggestion with what I have added and you should be OK.

Edited by sknis