4 replies to this topic

#1 rodk

rodk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi, first time here.
I got roxio 2012 as I am an avid photographer and interested in 3d. I tried reading other forums, but haven't found anybody else having my issues. Maybe I'm just slow, but I hope someone can get me on the right track. I start by creating the photos with my slr(side by side), then create the 3d image in 3d photo creator. I can save them as .mpo can play directly on my Panasonic 3d plasma TV with no problem. The problems start when i want to use the slideshow creator in videowave.

After loading the photos and transition theme, I save the project and attempt to send to my dvd and create an AVCHD with fit todisk as an option. Two different errors occur: unable to render and invalid function call.

Is my computer hooped? Or, do I need a special video card/pc to render 3d images with this software?

This may be vague and I apologize but I'm not sure what questions to ask or where to go with this. Any help or further questions greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Rod k

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,092 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Try a KISS Project...

Open VideoWave and add TWO pictures.

Put a transition between them, Save and Create DVD.

Use a DVD RW or output to file from MyDVD ~ just trying to get it to succeed here ;)

If it works, try it with a project about 1/2 the size of your first, then one the same size. Don't waste time making it pretty, just slap things together for this testing :lol:
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,699 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

First, please post your computer specs.  3D takes a lot of CPU power and a GOOD video card.   I'm not sure I would even attempt it with a underpowered laptop.   I have tried it but the rendering is excrusiatingly slow.

I just tired this to see if it works.  I just got the ability to view 3D but I had a Nvidia 3D enabled card.

I started with 2D images that I converted to 3D with the side by side jps format.  

I selected 3D format for my video wave production.   I added several images and then added transitions.  I saved the project, closed Video Wave and opened Create DVD.  I selected DVD ReadD as the type of input.  It added the project with no issue (remember no menus are allowed).  I selected to burn to a DVD since this was a short production.  Normally I would have made an ISO file and then burned that.  After it burned,  I was able to start viewing it with CinePlayer on my computer.

Warning  ! the transitions caused CinePlayer to hang but the disc was 3D. I used a different player and it played the disc but skipped the transitions.  

Add Jim's suggestion with what I have added and you should be OK.

Edited by sknis, 02 January 2012 - 06:34 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,092 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

AND let us know how it works out!

We are all in learning mode when it comes to 3D :lol:
Posted Image

#5 beiker

beiker

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hi Rodk. Any news on how it went? It's been a while already. We all need inputs since 3D is quite something new.
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel I3
4GB RAM
1GB Video Card
320GB HDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users