• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rich057

Rich057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Anybody had and/or know how to solve this installation problem?

I am runnig Windows 7 (64 bit)Professional with SP1 Build 7601 on a ASUS motherboard,an i7-2600 core with 16gb memory and a AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series Graphics Card. I have Roxio Creator 2012 installed and working perfectly.

I just downloaded Roxio Video Lab HD.

When I try to install Roxio Video Lab HD, I get an installation error " Roxio Video Lab HD Wizard was interrupted" after the following steps...

Ran the Installation program
Extracted all files with no errors
INstallation asked to check for updates. Clicked next
Accepted the user agreement. Clicked Next
Asked for my Product Key.  Entered Key and clicked next
Was asked to participate in The Roxio User Experience Improvement Program. "Later" Clicked next
Prompted for the installation location. Clicked next to select default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011"
Ready to Install. Clicked Install.
Then I get the message... "Roxio Video Lab HD Wizard was interrupted"
Clicked Finish. The installation wizard terminated.

Tried to run the installation in Vista Compatibility mode and get an error message... The operating System does not meet the minium requirements for Roxio Video Lab.

I attached have the log file with product key information removed created by the installation process.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files

Edited by Rich057, 01 January 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,062 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostRich057, on 01 January 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Anybody had and/or know how to solve this installation problem?

I am runnig Windows 7 (64 bit)Professional with SP1 Build 7601 on a ASUS motherboard,an i7-2600 core with 16gb memory and a AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series Graphics Card. I have Roxio Creator 2012 installed and working perfectly.

I just downloaded Roxio Video Lab HD.

When I try to install Roxio Video Lab HD, I get an installation error " Roxio Video Lab HD Wizard was interrupted" after the following steps...

Ran the Installation program
Extracted all files with no errors
INstallation asked to check for updates. Clicked next
Accepted the user agreement. Clicked Next
Asked for my Product Key.  Entered Key and clicked next
Was asked to participate in The Roxio User Experience Improvement Program. "Later" Clicked next
Prompted for the installation location. Clicked next to select default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011"
Ready to Install. Clicked Install.
Then I get the message... "Roxio Video Lab HD Wizard was interrupted"
Clicked Finish. The installation wizard terminated.

Tried to run the installation in Vista Compatibility mode and get an error message... The operating System does not meet the minium requirements for Roxio Video Lab.

I attached have the log file with product key information removed created by the installation process.Attachment LogFile 12-01-01 22-58.zip

Thanks in advance for your help.

How many Roxio products are installed and there names please?

How many times did you cancel the installation?

Could not establish a connection to the internet

Do you have a internet connection and are you connected to it?

Why is Roxio Video Lab HD getting installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011" folder?

This is the fix for "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products"

http://forums.suppor...ported-on-win7/

01/01/12 21:18:57 - Executing setup action: InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install
01/01/12 21:18:57 - Could not establish a connection to the internet using: ''.  Error code = 12006
01/01/12 21:18:57 -    Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install return code: 0
01/01/12 21:18:57 -    Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install is Sync
01/01/12 21:18:57 -    Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install has SyncHandle not equal NULL.
01/01/12 21:18:57 -    Installing Package: 'C:\Users\RICHAC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_6X\RCPROD.msi', with Properties: 'REBOOT=ReallySuppress TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\RICHAC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_6X\1033.mst" ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 DESKTOPICON=always QUICKLAUNCHICON=never INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\" MPI_SUITE_ID={E897DC5B-8085-4F6E-9B72-2C1FB8631C62} MPI_EULA_ACCEPTED=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL'
01/01/12 21:18:58 -    Execution of Windows Installer package 'C:\Users\RICHAC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_6X\RCPROD.msi' finished with exit code = 1603
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Updating install progress: 7 / 16, (null)
01/01/12 21:18:58 -    Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install failed with exit code 1603.
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Installation failed with error code 1603
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Rolling back installation
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Caught cancelation exception while running install actions
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Updating install progress: 7 / 16, Preparing to roll back...
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Updating rollback progress: 7 / 16, Preparing to roll back...
01/01/12 21:18:58 - Updating rollback progress: 7 / 16, Rolling back Roxio Video Lab HD

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Rich057

Rich057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

In response to your questions.....

How many Roxio products are installed and there names please? As I stated in my intial post I have (only) Roxio Creator 2012 installed and it works fine.

How many times did you cancel the installation? I have tried installing the product numerous times and each time the installation program was interrupted. (ie stopped on its own)

Do you have a internet connection and are you connected to it?  Yes. I have an internet connection. As the installation routine successfully checks for updates before attempting the installation.

Why is Roxio Video Lab HD getting installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011" folder? This is the default Windows Program folder for 32 bit software on Windows 7 (and Vista) 64 bit.

This is the fix for "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products" Thanks but this is not related to my error.

Edited by Rich057, 02 January 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostRich057, on 02 January 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

In response to your questions.....

How many Roxio products are installed and there names please? As I stated in my intial post I have (only) Roxio Creator 2012 installed and it works fine.

How many times did you cancel the installation? I have tried installing the product numerous times and each time the installation program was interrupted. (ie stopped on its own)

Do you have a internet connection and are you connected to it?  Yes. I have an internet connection. As the installation routine successfully checks for updates before attempting the installation.

Why is Roxio Video Lab HD getting installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011" folder? This is the default Windows Program folder for 32 bit software on Windows 7 (and Vista) 64 bit.

This is the fix for "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products" Thanks but this is not related to my error.

Why would you install Roxio Video Lab HD if you already have Roxio Creator 2012 installed?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 Rich057

Rich057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I do not see that your question has any relevance to the problem I am experiencing. If you are intimating that Roxio 2012 and Video Lab HD cannot coexist on the same computer, then I will take that up with Roxio tech support. If you have any suggestions for resolving this problem, then plesae get to the point.

Thanks

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,299 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 02 January 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Why would you install Roxio Video Lab HD if you already have Roxio Creator 2012 installed?

View PostRich057, on 10 January 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

I do not see that your question has any relevance to the problem I am experiencing. If you are intimating that Roxio 2012 and Video Lab HD cannot coexist on the same computer, then I will take that up with Roxio tech support. If you have any suggestions for resolving this problem, then plesae get to the point.

Thanks
Probably more of an Astonishment than a Question :lol:

The Creator 2012 Suite generally has more to offer than Video Lab (which is a cut down version of Creator 2011)...

Do you have something in perticular that Video Lab is going to do for your that you cannot do with Creator 2012???
Posted Image

#7 Rich057

Rich057

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

You may be right that Video Lab HD is a functional subset of Roxio 2012. From I read it appeared to me Video Lab HD had better video editing capability, could burn more data to single CD or DVDs then Roxio and I had an old Sonic product which I was able to upgrade to Video Lab HD.

Looking the Video Lab installation logs as I attempt to diagnose my installation problem, I noticed an error in the log which states that the installation process has detected a newer version of Video Lab HD. I now suspect that the newer version it is finding is actually Roxio 2012 or some common component. Reversing the installation order by installing Video Lab first and Roxio second might circumvent the problem. I don't think I am going to try it though. I'd rather just install them on different PCs.

I have submitted a ticket to Roxio support for this issue.

Thanks

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostRich057, on 11 January 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

You may be right that Video Lab HD is a functional subset of Roxio 2012. From I read it appeared to me Video Lab HD had better video editing capability, could burn more data to single CD or DVDs then Roxio and I had an old Sonic product which I was able to upgrade to Video Lab HD.

Looking the Video Lab installation logs as I attempt to diagnose my installation problem, I noticed an error in the log which states that the installation process has detected a newer version of Video Lab HD. I now suspect that the newer version it is finding is actually Roxio 2012 or some common component. Reversing the installation order by installing Video Lab first and Roxio second might circumvent the problem. I don't think I am going to try it though. I'd rather just install them on different PCs.

I have submitted a ticket to Roxio support for this issue.

Thanks
I don't see how any of those 'benefits' are possible??? :huh: The Video Lab HD is not some clean sheet product but merely a collection of existing applications.

I have always had the "Pro" versions of the Creator Suites, so if you have the regular version, there might be some HD functionality lacking...

While you are waiting on the response from Support, dive into the 2012 Suite and see what is there!

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 12 January 2012 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users