• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kilrea

kilrea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

The chapters part of the program seems to be very clunky. I wasted most of a day trying to get it to work but the program kept telling me that it needed to close down and there wasn't any alternative but to do so. My day ended up in total frustration. I'm using Windows 7 and an HP computer with an I7 processor.a day further on I tried a De-frag an it didn't work. I then tried a work-around by exporting my production to my hard disc from Videowave (selected a DVD HD format) and later loaded the saved production into MyDVD then added chapters manually. It did work but my concern is that I shouldn't have to do that.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postkilrea, on 03 January 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

The chapters part of the program seems to be very clunky. I wasted most of a day trying to get it to work but the program kept telling me that it needed to close down and there wasn't any alternative but to do so. My day ended up in total frustration. I'm using Windows 7 and an HP computer with an I7 processor.a day further on I tried a De-frag an it didn't work. I then tried a work-around by exporting my production to my hard disc from Videowave (selected a DVD HD format) and later loaded the saved production into MyDVD then added chapters manually. It did work but my concern is that I shouldn't have to do that.

You have not supplied any information at all on how you are trying to setup your chapters. The recommended method for setting up chapters is to use myDVD.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 kilrea

kilrea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi myguggi,

I had created the chapters using myDVD according to the manual, and it was trying to burn the DVD when it would advise me that an error had occurred & needed to restart the program , hence losing my work (this happened several times).

John

View Postmyguggi, on 03 January 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

You have not supplied any information at all on how you are trying to setup your chapters. The recommended method for setting up chapters is to use myDVD.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postkilrea, on 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hi myguggi,

I had created the chapters using myDVD according to the manual, and it was trying to burn the DVD when it would advise me that an error had occurred & needed to restart the program , hence losing my work (this happened several times).

John

Did you not save your project before starting the burn?

Some information on your project would help. How long in time is it? At what point does the error occur? What is the error message?

I thought you said that it worked using Videowave to create the project? Now you are saying you got an error?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users