joca

Losing Resolution

Question

I have noticed this annoying irritation before without really knowing why. In videowave, production, storyline or timeline when building or editing a project there seems to be a degrading of resolution of the preview/thumbs/image panes and the longer the project lasts I.E. the more times you visit your project the resolution appears to get worse to the point the image becomes unrecognisable. This does not affect the main viewing screen just the smaller thumb type images. It gets to the point that when in timeline say it's impossible to see where you are scrolling to. I noticed this also before I upgraded to a much improved pc. It seems that the more times you visit your project the images degrade even further. Is there an answer to this or is it something in roxio that has to be tolerated.

5 answers to this question

I have noticed this annoying irritation before without really knowing why. In videowave, production, storyline or timeline when building or editing a project there seems to be a degrading of resolution of the preview/thumbs/image panes and the longer the project lasts I.E. the more times you visit your project the resolution appears to get worse to the point the image becomes unrecognisable. This does not affect the main viewing screen just the smaller thumb type images. It gets to the point that when in timeline say it's impossible to see where you are scrolling to. I noticed this also before I upgraded to a much improved pc. It seems that the more times you visit your project the images degrade even further. Is there an answer to this or is it something in roxio that has to be tolerated.

Clear out the Proxy files. Goto Tools/Options and select clear. You can also go directly to the folder and clear all files.

Clear out the Proxy files. Goto Tools/Options and select clear. You can also go directly to the folder and clear all files.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you advised but it made no difference I also re-booted.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried what you advised but it made no difference I also re-booted.

Go to the folder where your VideoWave production files are saved. You will see 2 files with your project name. One of them has a .dmsm file extension, and the other will have a .dat file extension.

Delete the file with the .dat file extension, reboot, open your VideoWave production, and your thumbnails should be restored.

Go to the folder where your VideoWave production files are saved. You will see 2 files with your project name. One of them has a .dmsm file extension, and the other will have a .dat file extension.

Delete the file with the .dat file extension, reboot, open your VideoWave production, and your thumbnails should be restored.

Well that sorted that one out thanks a lot Grandpa it worked just like magic