• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shullings

Shullings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

We have a bunch of video tapes that were transferred to DVD using Sony's VRD-VC20 device.  All it did was transfer the videos and create an introductory menu.  Fast forward a few years and now I want to take the VOB files into Roxio and make edited versions of the home videos.  So far I've not been able to import them using Copy & Convert or Videowave.  The DVDs play so I know the files are not corrupted.  I've tried other VOB files that were not created using Sony's device and these will import.  Support told me to defrag, check available space (40% free) on the hard drive, update the video drivers, send them the DXDiag.txt file, try using Videowave to convert to AVI and then to MPG.  I've done all this and it still does not work. Has anyone experienced this and found a way to convert the files?

BTW, I downloaded AVS Video Converter as a test.  It successfully converts the files with a splash screen in the middle of the converted video(must purchase to elimnate this).  This proves that the files can be converted.  I don't want to purchase additional software when Roxio should be able to do the conversion.

Dell XPS 8100, ATI Radeon HD 5700, Win 7 64 bit Premium.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostShullings, on 07 January 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

We have a bunch of video tapes that were transferred to DVD using Sony's VRD-VC20 device.  All it did was transfer the videos and create an introductory menu.  Fast forward a few years and now I want to take the VOB files into Roxio and make edited versions of the home videos.  So far I've not been able to import them using Copy & Convert or Videowave.  The DVDs play so I know the files are not corrupted.  I've tried other VOB files that were not created using Sony's device and these will import.  Support told me to defrag, check available space (40% free) on the hard drive, update the video drivers, send them the DXDiag.txt file, try using Videowave to convert to AVI and then to MPG.  I've done all this and it still does not work. Has anyone experienced this and found a way to convert the files?

BTW, I downloaded AVS Video Converter as a test.  It successfully converts the files with a splash screen in the middle of the converted video(must purchase to elimnate this).  This proves that the files can be converted.  I don't want to purchase additional software when Roxio should be able to do the conversion.

Dell XPS 8100, ATI Radeon HD 5700, Win 7 64 bit Premium.

If the vob files are contained in the standard Video_TS folder then you simply launch Videowave and  using the Add Photo/video task option point to the root ifo file in the Video_TS folder and select the "movie" to be added. If this doesn't work then the Sony device did not create a proper Video_TS folder.

Another option is to copy the vob files to your hard drive and change the vob extension to mpg.The vob files are just standard mpg files. You should now be able to add them in Videowave or Video Copy & Convert.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users