Roxio Community

Making An Mp3 Disc From Files On Your Computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WearyCowboy

WearyCowboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music (Professional Drummer)
    Computers
    Computer Graphics
    Photos & Photography
    Recording Arts / Audio & Video (Recording, Editing, Mixing, Sound Enhancements, etc.)
    Movies
    Travel
    Horses

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

I have a problem, when I create an MP3 CD.

It burns the MP3 files, to CD...just fine!  But, with one problem.  

I'm using CD-R CD's...& have tried 2 different brands (Maxell & Sony); but with the same results.

I Click on the "Burn MP3 CDs" project name.  

I click on the "Add" button.  I ADD the MP3 files, then I arrange them in the order I want them to playback - using the Move Up/Move Down arrows.  

I check the media information at the bottom of the screen; to confirm I have enough room on the CD.

Then, I click the Action Button...& to begin recording.

Roxio, confirms my that my disc is recorded.  Then, ejects the CD.

I play it back, on my Tascam "CD-RW900SL" CD Recorder...& it sounds great!!  But, the songs DO NOT playback, in the order I chose.  

Has anyone else had this same problem?   :(

Thanks!!

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,425 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostWearyCowboy, on 08 January 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

I have a problem, when I create an MP3 CD.

It burns the MP3 files, to CD...just fine!  But, with one problem.  

I'm using CD-R CD's...& have tried 2 different brands (Maxell & Sony); but with the same results.

I Click on the "Burn MP3 CDs" project name.  

I click on the "Add" button.  I ADD the MP3 files, then I arrange them in the order I want them to playback - using the Move Up/Move Down arrows.  

I check the media information at the bottom of the screen; to confirm I have enough room on the CD.

Then, I click the Action Button...& to begin recording.

Roxio, confirms my that my disc is recorded.  Then, ejects the CD.

I play it back, on my Tascam "CD-RW900SL" CD Recorder...& it sounds great!!  But, the songs DO NOT playback, in the order I chose.  

Has anyone else had this same problem?   :(

Thanks!!

No need for bold, we can read the posts OK.

mp3 discs are data discs and as such, Windows arranges them alpha.

You must go to project settings and select that you want the program to rename the files so that stay in order.

Edit:  You must use "Create  Music Disc Projects" to see this option.  I don't think it is in "Burn mp3 CD"

Attached Files

Edited by sknis, 08 January 2012 - 05:25 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users