• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JBIRD73

JBIRD73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Please help.  I recently purchased Roxio Easy CD & DVD burning software (red box -- says windows 7 compatible on it) and installed in on my new HP Pavillion desktop with Windows 7.  I trying to burn videos from my Flip camera onto dvds so that i can play them on my home dvd player.  The videos are able to load just fine, and i can burn digital copies to a disc, but cannot figure how to format them so that i can burn them onto a home dvd player.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostJBIRD73, on 08 January 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Please help.  I recently purchased Roxio Easy CD & DVD burning software (red box -- says windows 7 compatible on it) and installed in on my new HP Pavillion desktop with Windows 7.  I trying to burn videos from my Flip camera onto dvds so that i can play them on my home dvd player.  The videos are able to load just fine, and i can burn digital copies to a disc, but cannot figure how to format them so that i can burn them onto a home dvd player.

Perhaps if you supplied some information it would be easier to help you.
What does load just fine" mean, what program from the program did you use?

You cannot simply burn video files to a DVD and play them on a DVD player. When you do that, all you create is a data DVD.

What you have to do is authour a video DVD using a special program that should be included in your package. Look for a program called "Create DVDs" or something similar.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,152 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostJBIRD73, on 08 January 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Does the disc you made work on the computer? What do you mean by "burn them onto a home player?

Maybe if you give us a step by step of what you doing.....and on which application within the suite you are using.

Edited by ogdens, 08 January 2012 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users