• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just installed this app. to my mini-mac and burned disks with no problem from itunes and disk utility, thought toast came with software, guess not. Tried playing 3 different disks on 3 different dvd players. players won't play them. Used both dvd-r and dvd+r. no luck.what am I doing wrong.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postcubzz, on 10 January 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Just installed this app. to my mini-mac and burned disks with no problem from itunes and disk utility, thought toast came with software, guess not. Tried playing 3 different disks on 3 different dvd players. players won't play them. Used both dvd-r and dvd+r. no luck.what am I doing wrong.

Is this what you are doing   http://forums.suppor...eo-walkthrough/

Once captured, you can burn the video to DVD using the included Toast Basic software.

Edited by ogdens, 10 January 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#3 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postogdens, on 10 January 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Is this what you are doing   http://forums.suppor...eo-walkthrough/

Once captured, you can burn the video to DVD using the included Toast Basic software.
Watched the video you sent. All my connections are right,my system shows no toast install from installation disc, just the video capture program. I can capture and burn  to disks, they wont play anywhere but on my computer.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,478 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

View Postcubzz, on 11 January 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Watched the video you sent. All my connections are right,my system shows no toast install from installation disc, just the video capture program. I can capture and burn  to disks, they wont play anywhere but on my computer.
I've contacted Roxio about what appears to be a change in the software bundled with this device but I didn't get a reply. Roxio's site says it comes with the Easy VHS to DVD Capture application and Toast 9 Basic. I'm reading posts here that it is coming with something called Roxio Video Capture which I've never heard of and no mention of Toast 9 Basic. You can download the Easy VHS to DVD Capture application and Toast 9 Basic from Roxio's software updates page but you need a license code to launch Toast 9 Basic. Is there any mention of it in the packaging?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

View Posttsantee, on 11 January 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I've contacted Roxio about what appears to be a change in the software bundled with this device but I didn't get a reply. Roxio's site says it comes with the Easy VHS to DVD Capture application and Toast 9 Basic. I'm reading posts here that it is coming with something called Roxio Video Capture which I've never heard of and no mention of Toast 9 Basic. You can download the Easy VHS to DVD Capture application and Toast 9 Basic from Roxio's software updates page but you need a license code to launch Toast 9 Basic. Is there any mention of it in the packaging?
I've contacted roxio also about the problem, and heard no reply as of yet. no mention of license code, registered it with the cd key# when I bought it. on my desk top its Roxio Video Capture,
but no toast, only can save to files or itunes, then burn, but discs don't play on any dvd player but on the one attached to my mac. have deleted the movie I recorded from my mac, to make sure its playing the burned  disk, and it is, but only on my dvd player on my mac, not on any other player .

#6 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postcubzz, on 11 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I've contacted roxio also about the problem, and heard no reply as of yet. no mention of license code, registered it with the cd key# when I bought it. on my desk top its Roxio Video Capture,
but no toast, only can save to files or itunes, then burn, but discs don't play on any dvd player but on the one attached to my mac. have deleted the movie I recorded from my mac, to make sure its playing the burned  disk, and it is, but only on my dvd player on my mac, not on any other player .

Have you tested on another player....... neighbor/relative/co-worker. It could be your player does not play the type of DVD you used (read your player user manual for more info). My player will not play DVD-R's but will play DVD+R's. Try to check it on at least a couple of other players

Edited by ogdens, 11 January 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#7 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postogdens, on 11 January 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Have you tested on another player....... neighbor/relative/co-worker. It could be your player does not play the type of DVD you used (read your player user manual for more info). My player will not play DVD-R's but will play DVD+R's. Try to check it on at least a couple of other players
I have tried playing it on 3 diff. players, not one will play it. burned it to dvd-r and dvd+r, doesn't matter, says can't play the disc,

#8 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

View Postcubzz, on 11 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

In order to play on a DVD player the video must first be "authored" to a VIDEO_TS folder which is what Toast (and Popcorn) do. I don't understand how this product can be marketed as "VHS to DVD" without a video DVD-authoring application included. I'm baffled by what appears to be a change in the product from Roxio yet there is no change in its online description. This is something you must take up with Roxio because we can't help you if you don't have the application that authors the video DVD.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

View Postcubzz, on 11 January 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

What/how did you "burn to disc" ?.

#10 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

View Postogdens, on 12 January 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

What/how did you "burn to disc" ?.
I burned  a old home movie and a  store bought vhs movie. I recorded them using the video capture and saved  to itunes and burned them using itunes and also used disk utility to burn one.

#11 cubzz

cubzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

View Posttsantee, on 12 January 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

In order to play on a DVD player the video must first be "authored" to a VIDEO_TS folder which is what Toast (and Popcorn) do. I don't understand how this product can be marketed as "VHS to DVD" without a video DVD-authoring application included. I'm baffled by what appears to be a change in the product from Roxio yet there is no change in its online description. This is something you must take up with Roxio because we can't help you if you don't have the application that authors the video DVD.
I contacted Roxio several days ago,via email, but as of yet no reply.

#12 Danny_Ran

Danny_Ran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I just bought VHS to DVD creator for MAC version 2.0.3 (I think) and am surprised that I do not have the ability for burn the movies that I captured to disc either. Getting in touch with support this time of year is a challenge as well. I plan to call again later this week. I have two issues, 1- I cannot capture movies in high quality due to their length (ultimately file size) so I had to switch to "medium" quality and am able to save the files, but I still can't burn them to DVD yet ...

#13 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Give some more details of how you are trying to burn them, maybe a step by step . All we know so far is "cant burn".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users