• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Docster

Docster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

After upgrading my system with SATA DVD/CD drives Creator Classic will no longer complete the burn of a selection of Data files to disk.
I can use Copy Disk and, as far as I have been able to tell at this point, all the other features of the software. I am running WinXP SP3. I am running the same-set on another computer and routinely burn data disk.
Any suggestions?

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 was one of the last editions of Creator which used a look-up table to "recognize" your burner, rather than the now standard method of asking the burner to identify itself and tell the program what it can do.
Where the burner wasn't "recognized" the program reverts to default parameters, in the hope/assumption that this will make do.

"No longer completes the burn" gives me very little information, but it looks as if in your case the 2003 program hasn't recognized your 2011/2012 drive(s), and the 2003 defaults aren't quite right for your modern burner(s).

If you can work around or live with this awkwardness that's fine, but otherwise having upgraded your hardware you may have to upgrade your software to match.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#3 Docster

Docster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

I went thru the process again in order to get and forward the messages offered at the time of failure.
Once the process is started it runs for a couple minutes indicating it is performing. After a short while it stops. At this point it indicates 100% of the Phase Progress completed. It futher indicates the disc progess has stopped at 99%. At this point a dialog box comes up "Errors were detected during recording or on your new disc". At this point if offers another dialog box to view the errorss. The errors indicated were as follows: E80041863: Records is in process of becoming ready-[02/04/08] and E80041927: TrackWriter error-ASPI failure-[T7121]

The puzzling thing about this situation is that this version will perform Disc Copy without a problem. It will not write complete, without errors, a DVD build nor will burn a data disc. The media player will recognize and play CDs. I am totally confused. Its as if half the software works and half does not.

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostDocster, on 12 January 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

At this point if offers another dialog box to view the errorss. The errors indicated were as follows: E80041863: Records is in process of becoming ready-[02/04/08] and E80041927: TrackWriter error-ASPI failure-[T7121]
That error, SK=2, ASC=4, ASCQ=8 indicates that your drive is not ready/long write in progress. I think the old software is not feeding the burner its commands in the right order or timing for the new drive.

The puzzling thing about this situation is that this version will perform Disc Copy without a problem. It will not write complete, without errors, a DVD build nor will burn a data disc. The media player will recognize and play CDs. I am totally confused. Its as if half the software works and half does not.

Not so puzzling really. The software uses Windows routines to do reads and the simple stuff, so all that works okay. However it hasn't been able to match your new burner with any of the 3,100 or so drive parameter sets in its look-up table, so the complex disc building and writing operations don't work properly with the new drives.

If you were to swap your old drive(s) back in, they should write properly. Else if you are going to keep the new drives you need to get new software to match.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

#5 Docster

Docster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
I am now considering Creator 2012. As a long time user of EZCD from the days of Adaptec I am a little torn between this new version and NERO so I have a little research to do.
Again, thanks for your help

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Go well.

I wish you the best, whichever way your choice takes you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users