#1 rain6460

rain6460

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hello,
There was a thread marked as solved from last May, see below. I am running Creator 2011 pro (with service pack 1) on a Windows 7 64bit machine, and am having the exact same problem. The difference is, turning up the mic to 100% in the Windows audio properties did not solve my issue. In fact, I have tried varying every possible setting in both Windows sound properties, and Roxio to no avail. Drivers are up to date, and I have killed every other program and process I can. The clicking/popping in the background will not go away.

And like the person from the previous thread, I can record using Windows sound recorder with no background noise. I also have Audacity installed, and can record with no noise at all. The easy solution would be to just use Audacity...but I prefer the Roxio interface. I have captured audio using Roxio and my Sennheiser usb mic, on my last xp machine with previous versions of Roxio, and have never encountered this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jeff

http://forums.suppor...captured-audio/

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

Nobody thought it would resolve the issues back then either :lol:

Although it did seem to for the Poster :huh:

What are you recording and how are you set up?

Which program in the Suite are you using to Record?
Posted Image

#3 rain6460

rain6460

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi Jim,
I believe it's the Easy Audio Capture program. From the Homepage I click the audio button on the left, then choose capture audio from sound card. I'm recording my own voice using a Sennheiser  USB headset.

I recently updated my audio drivers. And like I said, Windows Sound Recorder and Audacity record clearly with no background noise. But darn it...I want Roxio!!! :-)) Thanks.

Jeff

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

I just tried a test capture with my mic & and an iPod in front of it :lol:

When I used the default setting, it could barely be heard:

Attached File  Image2.jpg   63.53K   0 downloads

When I upped the microphone settings:

Attached File  Image3.jpg   65.19K   0 downloads

And you can see the results here:

Attached File  Image4.jpg   126.3K   0 downloads

I did not get any other noises but I know that some folks have... :( I don't really know what to tell you at this point...
Posted Image

#5 rain6460

rain6460

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Jim. Yea I'm pretty much stumped after trying everything I can think of. Don't know what kind of sound drivers you have. Mine are from Realtek. Maybe there's some sort of conflict with Roxio and these 64bit drivers. Who knows! Anyway Jim, thanks again for trying to help out . Very much appreciated.

Jeff

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

I have a 64 bit System but have never seen any 64 bit audio drivers for it???

Attached File  Image2.jpg   128.14K   0 downloads

Maybe you want to delete your Device Manager entries and reboot?

Can you post a short sample of an audio capture here? (10 mb limit)
Posted Image

#7 rain6460

rain6460

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hi Jim,
Sorry, I've been away and quite busy. Haven't had time to fool with this lately. I will post a sample of the audio using Roxio, and one using Audacity as soon as I get the opportunity. Thanks.
Jeff

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

View Postrain6460, on 18 January 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hi Jim,
Sorry, I've been away and quite busy. Haven't had time to fool with this lately. I will post a sample of the audio using Roxio, and one using Audacity as soon as I get the opportunity. Thanks.
Jeff
Try what I suggested first???
Posted Image

#9 rain6460

rain6460

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hi Jim,
Sorry this took so long. Yes I did uninstall audio drivers in device manager and let Windows re-install. However this had no impact on my recordings. Audacity still records with no distortion, while same issue exists using the capture audio from sound card option in Roxio. I'm stumped. See attachments. Thanks Jim

Jeff

Attached Files

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,571 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

They are hard to see in the waveform, but the ear can't miss them :lol:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   133.99K   0 downloads

Of course I don't have a solution :huh:

Guessing it is a USB mic? If so try some of the different ports...

I did just try this again and cannot reproduce the 'clicks'... I am hoping someone else might jump in here with some fresh ideas :lol:

I will also try this week to crawl under my desk and remove the mic so I can try it on another PC...
Posted Image

#11 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Okay, I just listened to your clip.  Have you checked to make sure you have the sample rate set in your recording settings set to 44100, and not 48000 Hz?  See my posting here for details.  Let us know what you find.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

#12 Sound Lubber

Sound Lubber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Glad to have found this thread. I'm having the same difficulty only on Roxio.  I've tried Capture Audio from Sound Card and directly into Sound Editor and in both cases I get almost a helicopter type sound with the playback.  I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 655C  with an I3 processor.   Settings are at 44100.  I noticed that listening through the headphones the audio going in is pure-but the playback has the popping etc.  I'm recording using a Blue Snowball USB Mic.  Hope to find a solution.

#13 Sound Lubber

Sound Lubber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostSound Lubber, on 17 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Glad to have found this thread. I'm having the same difficulty only on Roxio.  I've tried Capture Audio from Sound Card and directly into Sound Editor and in both cases I get almost a helicopter type sound with the playback.  I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 655C  with an I3 processor.   Settings are at 44100.  I noticed that listening through the headphones the audio going in is pure-but the playback has the popping etc.  I'm recording using a Blue Snowball USB Mic.  Hope to find a solution.

Just tried my mic on my XP Home Ed with Roxio.  Worked fine.  I guess it's a Windows 7 issue-But is it Windows or Roxio lacking the compatibility???

#14 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostSound Lubber, on 18 March 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Just tried my mic on my XP Home Ed with Roxio.  Worked fine.  I guess it's a Windows 7 issue-But is it Windows or Roxio lacking the compatibility???

Sometimes the audio Windows settings get switched back to an earlier setting wthout notification.  Set up the program to capture and then go back to the Windows audio system settings for the default recording device to make sure that they haven't changed.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#15 Sound Lubber

Sound Lubber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postsknis, on 19 March 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Sometimes the audio Windows settings get switched back to an earlier setting wthout notification.  Set up the program to capture and then go back to the Windows audio system settings for the default recording device to make sure that they haven't changed.
Gave it a try...no Good.  The microphone shows as the default device and I've also tried different inputs on my laptop and every audio capture program I could find-Even Digitize LP and Tapes as well as the Sound Editor interface itself.  Something in in this Edition is not allowing a clean capture of audio. I don't have another Windows 7 PC to see if an Earlier version might work. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

#16 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostSound Lubber, on 27 March 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Gave it a try...no Good.  The microphone shows as the default device and I've also tried different inputs on my laptop and every audio capture program I could find-Even Digitize LP and Tapes as well as the Sound Editor interface itself.  Something in in this Edition is not allowing a clean capture of audio. I don't have another Windows 7 PC to see if an Earlier version might work. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

Are you getting the noise even if you use non-Roxio applications?  (i.e. something like CDWAVE?)  If so, then it's not a Roxio problem.  Is there a recording application that came with your USB Microphone?  Does that have the same issue?

Let us know!
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

#17 NMPastor

NMPastor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I've got the same problem. Dell Inspiron 17R laptop. Windows 7 64 bit. Roxio 2011, fully updated. Recording in Sound Editor using an xTag USB microphone. When I use the xTag with Microsoft Sound Recorder...no problem. When I use the internal microphone (with updated RealTek driver) and Sound Editor...no problem.

I use the xTag with an older laptop running Windows XP and Roxio Sound Editor 2009...no problem.

So it sure looks like a Roxio/Windows 7 issue to me.

#18 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostNMPastor, on 28 March 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I've got the same problem. Dell Inspiron 17R laptop. Windows 7 64 bit. Roxio 2011, fully updated. Recording in Sound Editor using an xTag USB microphone. When I use the xTag with Microsoft Sound Recorder...no problem. When I use the internal microphone (with updated RealTek driver) and Sound Editor...no problem.

I use the xTag with an older laptop running Windows XP and Roxio Sound Editor 2009...no problem.

So it sure looks like a Roxio/Windows 7 issue to me.

Thanks for that feedback!
Dave D-W

#19 Sound Lubber

Sound Lubber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

View Postd_deweywright, on 28 March 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thanks for that feedback!

I just downloaded Audacity 2.0 for Windows 7.   No clicking---crystal clear recordings. I'm in agreement it must be a Roxio Windows 7 issue.  I'm running a Toshiba Satellite C655   Intel i3-2310M CPU 2.1GHz  4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit  Conexant SmartAudio HD.  Using USB Plugin Blue Snowball Mic. I also tried disabling speakers/listening device with no luck. Hope Roxio finds a patch.

#20 Singalong

Singalong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Just wanted to say that I'm having the same problems with background crackling. I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 Sound Editor for years with no bother, and it was happy when I changed my OS to Windows XP. However, after changing OS again, this time to Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit), Roxio Sound Editor produces the irritating background interference mentioned by others here. No other sound capture software, such as Audacity, does it, so, after trying different sound cards and getting the same result, I assumed my very old Roxio version was not compatible with Windows 7 and that I needed an up-to-date version. I'm now pleased that I hadn't got around to spending money on a new one, because from the comments here I gather that even the most recent versions are incompatible. I do like the uncluttered Roxio interface, so I'm rather depressed to learn that I can't use it any more. (Having said all that, Windows 7 is proving to be such a pain in the neck, especially regarding software incompatibilty issues, that I may switch back to Windows XP!)

Edited by Singalong, 21 April 2012 - 03:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users