3 replies to this topic

#1 J W C

J W C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

I just purchased Easy CD & DVD Burning.

1. I tried to make a slideshow on DVD, but it stayed on the first slide. I had to press skip on the DVD player remote to go to the next slide. I had entered 4 seconds for each slide. I noticed it also said Fit to Disc.

2. There was no chapter menu. How do I make one?

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks, Jim

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,558 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

There are no Chapters in the Slideshow Assistant! But there is a trick...

The Red Box is a cut down application that only does the basics ;)

If you have to manually advance, you most likely chose the "DVD Projector" Transition Style in Step 2. It is the only one that works that way.

Image1.jpg

"Fit to Disc" is the Default Quality setting (I wish it could be set to a user preference :( ) It is a Drop Box, so you can easily set it to the preferred HQ setting ;)

Image2.jpg

As for the 'trick', you can create several Slideshows and Save them (dmss files).

Then you use The MyDVD Express and when you click Add New Movie, you can add the saved dmss files.

Each file will be added as a New Button on the menu screen.

These are not Chapters! But they do give you some more flexability :)

(chapters actually play from that point you pick to the End of the entire DVD, which is probably not what you want anyway)
Posted Image

#3 J W C

J W C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I did use the DVD Projector option. I will choose another one now. I just wanted a style with no obvious transition.

I may try your trick to get buttons for portions of the movie. I went out today and bought another software that promised chapter menus. I haven't tried it yet. It's called ArcSoft SlideShow Expressions.

Jim C

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,558 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

I tied something from ArcSoft many years ago ~ OEM Bundle that came with a Burner...

Not bad as I recall but keep in mind, most people want "chapters" without really understanding what they are and their limitations :o

Of course we can't help you with 3rd party software on a Roxio Forum :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users