• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magosto

magosto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

I recently upgraded to Roxio Creator 2012 from the version that came with my computer.  The issue i am experiencing is related to burning data CD.  Everytime i try burning a data disk, or Data Disk Image, i get a Roxio Creator 2012 error that says: "An error occured while trying to initialize RCEngine.  Please re-start your computer.  If the problem persists, please re-install Roxio Creator 2012".  I tried re-running the install and selected the "Repair", but it did not resolve the issue.  I don't have issues creating DVD's, but i am not able to burn data discs, disc images, copys discs, burn audio cd's, copy discs etc.  Anything related to the RCENgine, will not work.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate N 64 bit
Quad Core, 2.33GHz
8GB memory
Video Card is ATI Radeon 4600 with 512 MB
Roxio Creator 2012 Ver 13.5; 6.0.0.0

Any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,090 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Did you clean the previous version from your machine? Its remains may be interfering with the install.

Since the problem is persisting, perhaps you should uninstall Creator 2012, clean your system, and then reinstall it as recommended by the error box - instead of just attempting a 'repair'.

Please let us know if the reinstall doesn't solve the problem.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#3 magosto

magosto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

Thank you Guru - can you point me to instructions on doing a complete removal including the removal of 2011?  I want to make sure i don't miss any steps and get it right the first time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users