Sign in to follow this  
joca

Graphics Card Yes Or No

Question

thought I would throw this one into the ring. I have just completed my 1st video since upgrading my pc and it went fairly well (better than before anyway) I gained a lot of knowledge from the guys on here prior to upgrading and it helped a lot. However I still encountered a few crashes (as previous) my kit is listed below. it should be adequate but I was wondereing if the addition of a graphics card would improve things even further I currently use an onboard one. Any advice on what to avoid would be useful I don't intend spending a fortune on one and I am not into gaming. Should I go for ATI or what???

Sorry about the topic title please ignore the Fir must have itchy fingers

Edited by joca

5 answers to this question

As a rule you're generally better off using a graphics card instead of the onboard video.

If I looked at the right board then it shows an Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU with 1Gb maximum shared memory.

Using a card will have it's own memory and not have to share.

Also by having a card you take the processing load off of your CPU and let the cards GPU do the work.

You can get a card that's better than the 4250 for not a lot of money.

P.S.-I fixed the Fir...:)

Edited by tbrewst

As a rule you're generally better off using a graphics card instead of the onboard video.

If I looked at the right board then it shows an Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU with 1Gb maximum shared memory.

Using a card will have it's own memory and not have to share.

Also by having a card you take the processing load off of your CPU and let the cards GPU do the work.

You can get a card that's better than the 4250 for not a lot of money.

P.S.-I fixed the Fir...:)

OK thanks for that also the fix

Hi joca, you might need to update your signature regarding on your dedicated Video Card. Just a thought.

Give it a rest, beiker. The video card is in his signature. :blink: :blink:

Hi joca, you might need to update your signature regarding on your dedicated Video Card. Just a thought.

Hi beiker, you might need to update your signature regarding on your dedicated Video Card. Just a thought.

post-208-027357300 1329696477.jpg

As it is, the entry tells us nothing about your video card except that it has 1GB.

Regards,

Brendon