• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SW1

SW1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

I have "Easy CD Creator 5" in which I have created many CD labels in *.jwl format.  
Will either or both "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 PRO" do the following:

1. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" enable copying of a music CD for my personal use as a back-up copy?

2. Will "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" Pull in those "Creator 5" *.jwl labels with NO PROBLEMS--ESPECIALLY IN THE "ROUND" CD LABEL PART (in addition to the jewel case part) so I can edit them in the ROUND CD Label portion? Someone mentioned "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro:" would pull in those Creator 5 CD labels, but not with the same "Theme". I only need a "blank" theme with no artwork. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" have a "blank" theme?  Is this possible---to pull in "Creator 5" *.jwl labels with PERFECT ALIGNMENT ON THE CD LABEL portion (round) portion so that I have not wasted all of the time and have to re-create the labels over?

3. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" have a "print template to print the round CD labels on "CD Stomper" labels (CD Stomper CD/DVD Labels "Matte White", UPC 0-72782-98122-8)?

4. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" have a "Contents" button in the "Label Creator" application which, when the "Contents" button is clicked, an internet Database is automatically contacted which will put most importantly the "Title" and "Track Name" and "Track Time" on the ROUND, CD label part?

5. If "YES" to #3 above, what internet database does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" access for the "Contents" of a CD?

6. If I purchase either "Creator 2012" or "CD Creator 2012" from Walmart, etc. and I am not happy with the product, how can I return it?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,265 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostSW1, on 13 January 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

1. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" enable copying of a music CD for my personal use as a back-up copy?

Yes

2. Will "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" Pull in those "Creator 5" *.jwl labels with NO PROBLEMS--ESPECIALLY IN THE "ROUND" CD LABEL PART (in addition to the jewel case part) so I can edit them in the ROUND CD Label portion?

No, definitely not! Creator 2012 [any sort] will not read version 5 .JWL files

3. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" have a "print template to print the round CD labels on "CD Stomper" labels (CD Stomper CD/DVD Labels "Matte White", UPC 0-72782-98122-8)?

No idea, sorry.

4. Does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" have a "Contents" button in the "Label Creator" application which, when the "Contents" button is clicked, an internet Database is automatically contacted which will put most importantly the "Title" and "Track Name" and "Track Time" on the ROUND, CD label part?

No, they don't have a "contents" button. They do have a "Auto-fill from disc" button which does that. Here's my favorite Clannad disc in Roxio Label Creator, in C2012 Pro.

Attached File  clannad.jpg   118.58K   1 downloads

5. If "YES" to #3 above, what internet database does "Creator 2012" or "Creator 2012 Pro" access for the "Contents" of a CD?

I think it's RoviCorp's AllMusic database HERE. We certainly aren't in Kansas or Gracenote any more.

6. If I purchase either "Creator 2012" or "CD Creator 2012" from Walmart, etc. and I am not happy with the product, how can I return it?

I don't know. You'd have to ask them. However I'm pretty sure you'd be SOL if you wanted to return it. I also think that a number of these outlets sell their own 'el-cheapo' cut-down versions of Creator, which have a large proportion of the functions disabled to make them cheaper. Caveat Emptor, and Carpe Jugulum, and other such latin warnings apply.

However, if you buy Creator online from the Roxio Shop you have 30 days in which you can return it for a refund for any reason.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

You're welcome. We try to please.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,232 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

You can create your own 'Blank' labels by choosing one of the themes then deleting everything in it - I save mine as "blank" and then use Windows Explorer to set them to Read Only so I don't wreck them by accident :lol:

They list 2 forms for CD Stomper labels. They should cover your needs or you can modify them to fit what you have ;)

Attached File  Image1.jpg   122.67K   0 downloads

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 13 January 2012 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users