11 replies to this topic

#1 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

I have just installed Roxio Creator 2012 just after a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on a new PC. Everytime I start the PC a small pop-up window appears - "DiscMonitorApp", with buttons for "Start", "Stop", "OK", "Cancel", and "About". Pressing "OK" or "Cancel" removes the window. The window appears to be a part of Roxio Burn.

While everyting else appears to work normally (although not yet fully tested) the pop-up is very annoying.  How do I prevent this window appearing on every boot?

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

Assuming you don't want to use Roxio Burn...

Try clearing your Burners from the list:

Attached File  Roxio Burn - Config.jpg   153.54K   4 downloads

If that isn't enough, Start - Search - msconfig.

Clear the checkmark under the Startup tab:

Attached File  Image3.jpg   89.45K   5 downloads

Posted Image

#3 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks Jim

I have disabled Roxio Burn in the Startup tab of MSConfig, which does stop the original problem, but which then leads to another - a CPMonitor window pops up instead.

I think "CPMonitor" is the helper for Roxio CinePlayer. Why does this pop-up when I disable "Roxio Burn"

Is there a better way to achieve the same thing by disabling the appropriate Roxio services?

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Tell us about your PC???

Did it come with an OEM Version of Roxio installed?
Posted Image

#5 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 16 January 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Tell us about your PC???

Did it come with an OEM Version of Roxio installed?

It is a new build PC with an i5 2500K, Asus P8H67M-PRO m/b, 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 OEM (fully updated through Windows Update), 4GB Crucial DR3-1333. Everything else works just fine (very fine infact!!) Roxio Creator 2012 was installed from a download made just a couple of days ago.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Honestly I have never heard of others having this problem :huh:

I thought it might stem from an OEM Version but that would not appear to be the case here...

One other area you can kill in msconfig under Services is the HDD Watcher:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   81.11K   1 downloads

If that doesn't do the job, you will need to contact Roxio ;)
Posted Image

#7 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 16 January 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Honestly I have never heard of others having this problem :huh:

I thought it might stem from an OEM Version but that would not appear to be the case here...

One other area you can kill in msconfig under Services is the HDD Watcher:

Attachment Image1.jpg

If that doesn't do the job, you will need to contact Roxio ;)

OK Thanks for your help Jim.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Keep us informed ;)
Posted Image

#9 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 17 January 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Keep us informed ;)

Jim,

Roxio Customer Support were of limited help. I have now deleted the registry entries for the startup of "Roxio Burn" and "CP Monitor". On your advice I have also "disabled" the service  "Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12" in the Services control panel.

None of these had any effect upon the operation of the program under Windows 7 64-bit.

I was unable to get any information whether Roxio would fix the source of these problems. It looks as though Roxio 2012 is just as buggy as many of its predecessors were!

Thanks for you help

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

View Postjef, on 20 January 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Jim,

Roxio Customer Support were of limited help. I have now deleted the registry entries for the startup of "Roxio Burn" and "CP Monitor". On your advice I have also "disabled" the service  "Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12" in the Services control panel.

None of these had any effect upon the operation of the program under Windows 7 64-bit.

I was unable to get any information whether Roxio would fix the source of these problems. It looks as though Roxio 2012 is just as buggy as many of its predecessors were!

Thanks for you help
Convenient theory but how does it fit with the fact that you seem to be the ONLY person that has seen this in the 4 1/2 months since it was released :huh:

I don't have the answer (wish I did!) but at this point I would slap a fresh HDD in there and try that! Format - install OS - install Roxio... ;)
Posted Image

#11 jef

jef

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 20 January 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Convenient theory but how does it fit with the fact that you seem to be the ONLY person that has seen this in the 4 1/2 months since it was released :huh:

I don't have the answer (wish I did!) but at this point I would slap a fresh HDD in there and try that! Format - install OS - install Roxio... ;)

It's a brand new build of the latest hardware and software - and everything else works superbly. It is probably a conflict, maybe with Trend Micro Internet Security, or WinTV. I have had conflicts before with Roxio Creator before, but the problem is now solved. It's just another dent in my confidence with Roxio.

I will have to have another look at other burning software packages as an alternative. Tomorrow, the PC will be delivered to the customer.

Thanks for your input.

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

I understand the PC, so I am guessing you have a HDD sitting around ;) Hence the suggestion to format ~ OS ~ Roxio... then you can pin down if it could possibly be a faulty program download :huh:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users