• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Trevor M

Trevor M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

I have these lines at the bottom as well, and upon more research...many more do...and issues have yet to be resolved.  ROXIO, I hope you read this.  Your software sucks.  It really does.  I paid way too much money for a crap product.  I had to shorten a video the other day, and I finally gave up with you, used the FREE microsoft version that came with windows...no problem.

I bought this software for 3d, and 3d ONLY>

SO FAR.... has not impressed me.  Wasted $150.00

In this economy, you are going to have to deliver WAY much more than you have to justify that price.  There are 10 other better than you, charging 1/2 your price.

--A Pissed off Customer--

View Postmarkr041, on 21 December 2010 - 07:38 AM, said:

I am the original poster who experienced this problem.

First, I very much do not appreciate the statement:
"The other 2 were unwilling to try to do anything to help themselves with this…" from Hardin.

Hardin: I was unwilling to try *your* "advice" because you evidently do not know enough about either the Fuji input files (you do not own the camera), the program or the output files, or viewing devices (you do not own a 3D HDTV) to provide sufficent information (as evidenced by your own admission and subsequent posts), and because I want to convert to Real3D, not anaglyph or anything else or muck around with "workarounds" when the program I bought is simply at fault.

As to "helping oneself" I have been working with tech support (who do presumably understand the issues) for a month uploading files of various sorts and trying out things they suggested. The upshot is that it is a bug in the program - a Roxio flaw, a mistake, an error. It needs to be corrected but still has not been.

The Real3d output is the only full color 3D video that will play on my viewing devices; that is what I need. Period. I bought the program because it is easy to go from Fuji video files to Real3D files; I do not want to have to specify parameters, I just want a quick conversion, which the software can do. Unfortunately, it does it incorrectly.

To all owning a Fuji W3: The Roxio software is defective, as admitted by Roxio.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostTrevor M, on 15 January 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I have these lines at the bottom as well, and upon more research...many more do...and issues have yet to be resolved.  ROXIO, I hope you read this.  Your software sucks.  It really does.  I paid way too much money for a crap product.  I had to shorten a video the other day, and I finally gave up with you, used the FREE microsoft version that came with windows...no problem.

In this economy, you are going to have to deliver WAY much more than you have to justify that price.  There are 10 other better than you, charging 1/2 your price.

Where did   you pay $150 for this product?   Was that tourist prices? Here is the price on-line;  add $20 if you didn't upgrade.

If you bought it directly from Roxio's on line store, you can return it withing 30 days no questions asked.

I have another 3D editing program and a 3D video card, and monitor and it is worse that Creator 2012.  In fact it won't run on a normal high end computer.  Who esle has 3D software for about $50?   No; don't bother because they won't be a suite of products; just a poor video editor.

Edited by sknis, 15 January 2012 - 09:28 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 mbuchana

mbuchana

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I didn't pay much for Video Lab with HD, which of course was part of the appeal because I really wasn't sure if my computer was beefy enough for 3D video editing and I didn't want to spend a lot to find out that it wasn't.

But what is strange is how Roxio support is having me go through a bunch of steps as if this color bar line is a brand new problem that they have never heard of, even though I referenced threads in these forums that described it.

Presumably Roxio thinks this is a minor enough issue that fixing it is low on the priority list.  If that is the case, I wish they would just say so.  The problem is that video editing takes a lot of time, and though I generally enjoy doing it, I find myself unwilling to do much when the end result has this very noticeable defect.

Mark

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

View Postmbuchana, on 15 January 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I didn't pay much for Video Lab with HD, which of course was part of the appeal because I really wasn't sure if my computer was beefy enough for 3D video editing and I didn't want to spend a lot to find out that it wasn't.

But what is strange is how Roxio support is having me go through a bunch of steps as if this color bar line is a brand new problem that they have never heard of, even though I referenced threads in these forums that described it.

Presumably Roxio thinks this is a minor enough issue that fixing it is low on the priority list.  If that is the case, I wish they would just say so.  The problem is that video editing takes a lot of time, and though I generally enjoy doing it, I find myself unwilling to do much when the end result has this very noticeable defect.

Mark

My post above about cost was addressed to the threadjacker, Trevor.  He'll probably never come back anyway.

Roxio tech service (wherever they are) have manuals that tell them how to fix issues.  Very few Roxio employees (2) come here on a regular basis.  I know that they know of the issue.  In order to place the issue on the need to be fixed list, they need to be able to reproduce the issue on several computer set ups.  Perhaps they have not been able to do it or are working on it.  We, as users do not know what they are doing until it is done.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 beiker

beiker

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostTrevor M, on 15 January 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

ROFL. I wonder he bought the software.
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel I3
4GB RAM
1GB Video Card
320GB HDD

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postbeiker, on 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Your useless posts are getting annoying. Since you have nothing to contribute why not just stay with reading the posts instead of making inane comments.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postbeiker, on 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Beiker, what Roxio software do you have and use?
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users