Roxio Community

Dvditprohd Has Run Out Of Free Activation Code?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IVP

IVP

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

I bought DVDitPROHD a few years ago and have been using it for DVD and BD-R creation to good effect Today I tryed to run it and an activation code is now needed? I activated it when it was bought - when I try to use the on line activation it reports serial number not valid

I had initial errors and they were sorted out By Scott and I have no issues since -

The only thing that has changed recently is my CPU from a quad 2.4 ghz to a quad 3.0 ghz

Please help

I have come to rely on this software now and will be behind in my work if I cant get it to run

win xp32bit pro

Many thanks

Cath

#2 MPPais

MPPais

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

1)Send an e-mail to Support explainining your problem. Inside your workstation there is a file, named sarlicense9 (hidden files), with your ancient configuration! So, you can not activate because the Roxio's server don't know your new configuration. Support must give you the permission to delete this file and permission to do a new activation.Sometimes ago I had the same situation! All is running very well!!!

2) You can try this http://activation.ro...me/Default.aspx
but I am not if this works. Maybe...Good Luck!!!

Edited by MPPais, 26 January 2012 - 03:31 AM.

MPPais

#3 antonsvideo

antonsvideo

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostMPPais, on 16 January 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

1)Send an e-mail to Support explainining your problem. Inside you workstation there is a file with your ancient configaration! So, you can not activate because the Roxio's server don't know your new configuration. Support must give you the permission to delete this file and permission to do a new activation.Sometimes ago I had the same situation! All is running very well!!!

but I am not if this workks. Maybe...Good Luck!!!

I had the same problem last week, support told me that they can't help me because my version 6.4 was purchased before Win7 compatibility and they said to solve my problem I need to purchase a new version 6.4 which is Win7 compatible

so I solved the problem myself by wiping the C drive with a Win7 image that I created 2 weeks earlier, all good again

why should I buy a new version when I already have 6.4? why can't they supply a free update, since the new version is also 6.4, very strange product support

Edited by antonsvideo, 16 January 2012 - 06:22 PM.

Anton

#4 MPPais

MPPais

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postantonsvideo, on 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

why should I buy a new version when I already have 6.4? why can't they supply a free update, since the new version is also 6.4, very strange product support
Anton:
Last version is 6.4 ! Certainly you remember our post about this...    

http://forums.suppor...version-number/
An update to Windows 7?...please, look at:

http://rovicorp.forc...alse&lang=en_US

I can't see DVDit! HD Pro....

Edited by MPPais, 18 January 2012 - 05:48 PM.

MPPais

#5 antonsvideo

antonsvideo

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostMPPais, on 18 January 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Anton:
Last version is 6.4 ! Certainly you remember our post about this...    

http://forums.suppor...version-number/
An update to Windows 7?...please, look at:

http://rovicorp.forc...alse&lang=en_US

I can't see DVDit! HD Pro....

my version is 6.4 641B03A and support told me that there is a later version which is Win7 compatible and I can purchase it by phoning the sales department

Agent Response:

In order to upgrade to a compatible version of the software I suggest you contact our inside sales team.

Our representatives are here to answer any pre-sales questions you may have. Please call 1-877-793-7480 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) .

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The Roxio Support Team
Anton

#6 MPPais

MPPais

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Anton:

An wonderful Support Service............
No comparaison with our Edius's Support and Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MPPais, 23 January 2012 - 01:06 PM.

MPPais

#7 IVP

IVP

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

MPPais - and others thanks for the help!

After a busy time I have built up a fair amount of Blu-ray orders I have been putting them off for a while.....

Anyway, I have upgraded my pc to Win 7 64 bit and I am hoping DVDit pro HD will work on my new pc

Is this a try it and see situation - I can see NO support or patch for use with WIN 7 64 at all - any pointers would be great!!

Thanks in advance

Are Roxio still helping us users out?

#8 MPPais

MPPais

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostIVP, on 19 April 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Anyway, I have upgraded my pc to Win 7 64 bit and I am hoping DVDit pro HD will work on my new pc

My workstation has Windows 7 Professional 64bit.
DVDit! HD Pro works very well.
Good luck!

Edited by MPPais, 20 April 2012 - 09:27 AM.

MPPais

#9 IVP

IVP

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

UREKA!! My windows 7 64 bit seems to be working very well!

After a shaky start with a faulty drive, I have installed a new one and its looking good so far :D

#10 fastrick12

fastrick12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

View Postantonsvideo, on 16 January 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

I had the same problem last week, support told me that they can't help me because my version 6.4 was purchased before Win7 compatibility and they said to solve my problem I need to purchase a new version 6.4 which is Win7 compatible

so I solved the problem myself by wiping the C drive with a Win7 image that I created 2 weeks earlier, all good again

I tried this and got a message that it required a 25 digit key.  DVDiT pro hd has a 17 digit key.  I am reinstalling after a system crash.

#11 fastrick12

fastrick12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostMPPais, on 16 January 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

1)Send an e-mail to Support explainining your problem. Inside your workstation there is a file, named sarlicense9 (hidden files), with your ancient configuration! So, you can not activate because the Roxio's server don't know your new configuration. Support must give you the permission to delete this file and permission to do a new activation.Sometimes ago I had the same situation! All is running very well!!!

but I am not if this works. Maybe...Good Luck!!!

This is the message I ment to quote.

#12 Michael Video

Michael Video

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

I fixed the problem accidentally. I never know that there are two different activating numbers for DVDit Pro HD. One is a CD key #, which is located inside the CD box. I can use it to activate DVDit Pro HD at windows XP computer only. Another one is a SN, which is at my register page on Roxio web site. I can use it at windows 7 computer. Both are 17 digit numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users