• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MitchG

MitchG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

So the setup for the software is pretty straightforward, but the implementation of the software is a total bust. I have yet to get a vhs dumped correctly in to my  Mac intel quad processor. I either get incomplete captures or crashes. Would love to hear from someone who can get one hour and longer captures. Just what ae you doing right? Thanks.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

What is the name of the capture application? Is it Roxio Video Capture or is it Easy VHS to DVD Capture? If it is the former go to Roxio's Software updates page and download the latter and give it a try.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 MitchG

MitchG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Posttsantee, on 23 January 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

What is the name of the capture application? Is it Roxio Video Capture or is it Easy VHS to DVD Capture? If it is the former go to Roxio's Software updates page and download the latter and give it a try.

I thought I made that clear. Easy VHS For DVD. The lateset version.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostMitchG, on 23 January 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

I thought I made that clear. Easy VHS For DVD. The lateset version.
Recently some users are reporting that the name of the capture application itself is different from what Roxio says is included in the box. I just needed to check which you have. Is it possible your Mac is set to go to sleep after one hour? Go to Energy Saver in System Preferences to change the sleep mode to never.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 mikefluke

mikefluke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

I have been able to capture the video just fine but the save to iTunes is greyed out. What's up with that? I have version 2.0.1 Any help on saving right to iTunes or do I have to find some way to convert to m4v file?

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

View Postmikefluke, on 26 January 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

I have been able to capture the video just fine but the save to iTunes is greyed out. What's up with that? I have version 2.0.1 Any help on saving right to iTunes or do I have to find some way to convert to m4v file?
I got ahold of that version. My understanding is iTunes is not allowing import unless the video is in a format that can be shared with iPad and iPod which the high quality recording cannot. So you need to send it to iMovie or possibly QuickTime Player before "sharing" it to iTunes. I haven't yet had time to experiment with this new capture application to test out any workarounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users