• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mcurtis778

mcurtis778

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I am trying to add text over a small video clip. I am working with an MP4 music video and am trying to add the words on the screen as it plays. I got the video from a DVD. I was only able to get as far as adding one of the texts and then when I tried to play the video to see the lyrics the video just hung and did nothing else. I have never been able to get past this point.

Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack1
Make: Toshiba
Model: Satellite L775D 64 bit Quad Core
Video card AMD Radeon HD 6520F
Processor speed: 1.4ghz
RAM: 8gig
Free hard drive space: 340 gig free

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postmcurtis778, on 25 January 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

I am trying to add text over a small video clip. I am working with an MP4 music video and am trying to add the words on the screen as it plays. I got the video from a DVD. I was only able to get as far as adding one of the texts and then when I tried to play the video to see the lyrics the video just hung and did nothing else. I have never been able to get past this point.

Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack1
Make: Toshiba
Model: Satellite L775D 64 bit Quad Core
Video card AMD Radeon HD 6520F
Processor speed: 1.4ghz
RAM: 8gig
Free hard drive space: 340 gig free

DId you look at the minimum requirements for editing video before you bought the product.  That 1.4 ghz processor may just not be  enough even though it is quad core.  

For data burning and copy, audio capture and editing: Intel® 1.6GHz Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent, 512MB RAM for windows XP and 1GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7. For video editing and conversion and DVD playback Intel Pentium 4 2GHz processor or AMD equivalent and 1GB RAM. Multi-core processor with at least 2GB RAM recommended

Four cores working slowly may be slower than 2 cores working quickly.   Each core must be able to do the work.

Have you been able to load the video and then output it to a file without adding the text?   That might be a thing to try to see if your CPU is good enough.

Is the video clip from a protected DVD?   Did you get any warning about DRM protection?

Edited by sknis, 25 January 2012 - 02:33 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users