Gary_C

Yet Another Activation Problem...

Question

Hello everybody...I am at my wits end here with this activation deal with the MPEG-2 codec. I have been on my computer with WINDOWS XP/SP3 for the past 6 hours trying everything I have read, here, and on the internet and yet I still cannot use the Create DVD function in the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. When I tried the manual way I got nothing. I did not even see an 'ACTIVATE OFFLINE' window pop up....went straight to the warning window and when I clicked ok it shut down the application. Just last week it worked fine, but NOOOOOOOO...it doesn't want to work now.

I downloaded REVO, and did a fresh reinstall after with the startup disabled. I turned off Windows Firewall and turned off my virus protection which is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have nothing else that I can think of that would keep this from working. Please don't tell me I need to do a fresh Windows install.

What do I try next?

Thanks to anyone that can give me some direction here.

Gary

9 answers to this question

Hello everybody...I am at my wits end here with this activation deal with the MPEG-2 codec. I have been on my computer with WINDOWS XP/SP3 for the past 6 hours trying everything I have read, here, and on the internet and yet I still cannot use the Create DVD function in the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. When I tried the manual way I got nothing. I did not even see an 'ACTIVATE OFFLINE' window pop up....went straight to the warning window and when I clicked ok it shut down the application. Just last week it worked fine, but NOOOOOOOO...it doesn't want to work now.

I downloaded REVO, and did a fresh reinstall after with the startup disabled. I turned off Windows Firewall and turned off my virus protection which is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have nothing else that I can think of that would keep this from working. Please don't tell me I need to do a fresh Windows install.

What do I try next?

Thanks to anyone that can give me some direction here.

Gary

Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. (Dell Edition) is a OEM bundled with your new PC for free.

You need to contact Dell as they are supposed to support there DE. (Dell Edition) software.

Thanks. I'll get on them then.

I can almost guarantee that you will not get a resolve from Dell.

And, Roxio shut down the manual option, to activate the software, years ago!

I can almost guarantee that you will not get a resolve from Dell.

And, Roxio shut down the manual option, to activate the software, years ago!

We won't know until Gary_C comes back to let us know, will we?

We won't know until Gary_C comes back to let us know, will we?

;) I think that you already know what Dell will tell him. It would be a first, if Dell actually did help him.

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help. One response I recv'd was to install K-Lite codecs software and that didn't help...and I wasn't even sure how it should have been set up. I posted a several questions about how I should set it up to the responder and I got squat. I did a a clean uninstall of Roxio using REVOuninstallPRO trial version because the error I was getting said 'No Permission-Bad install'. So I will try to install it again to see if I can activate the issue.

Wish me luck fellows. I'll keep you posted if it works.

Gary

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help

Did you explain to them why would I buy another Dell PC if what I bought last time doesn't work and Dell tech support is no help in fixing it? :blink::wacko::blink:

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help. One response I recv'd was to install K-Lite codecs software and that didn't help...and I wasn't even sure how it should have been set up. I posted a several questions about how I should set it up to the responder and I got squat. I did a a clean uninstall of Roxio using REVOuninstallPRO trial version because the error I was getting said 'No Permission-Bad install'. So I will try to install it again to see if I can activate the issue.

Wish me luck fellows. I'll keep you posted if it works.

Gary

Thanks for letting us know what Dell did for you, Gary. I hope that the process that you are going to do, works.

Had same problem, I think Corel has made it impossible to activate any "LEGACY" software, they want you to buy new - screw them, I will never buy their ^#!& again