• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gary_C

Gary_C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hello everybody...I am at my wits end here with this activation deal with the MPEG-2 codec. I have been on my computer with WINDOWS XP/SP3 for the past 6 hours trying everything I have read, here, and on the internet and yet I still cannot use the Create DVD function in the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. When I tried the manual way I got nothing. I did not even see an 'ACTIVATE OFFLINE' window pop up....went straight to the warning window and when I clicked ok it shut down the application. Just last week it worked fine, but NOOOOOOOO...it doesn't want to work now.

I downloaded REVO, and did a fresh reinstall after with the startup disabled. I turned off Windows Firewall and turned off my virus protection which is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have nothing else that I can think of that would keep this from working. Please don't tell me I need to do a fresh Windows install.

What do I try next?

Thanks to anyone that can give me some direction here.
Gary

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,221 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostGary_C, on 27 January 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Hello everybody...I am at my wits end here with this activation deal with the MPEG-2 codec. I have been on my computer with WINDOWS XP/SP3 for the past 6 hours trying everything I have read, here, and on the internet and yet I still cannot use the Create DVD function in the Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. When I tried the manual way I got nothing. I did not even see an 'ACTIVATE OFFLINE' window pop up....went straight to the warning window and when I clicked ok it shut down the application. Just last week it worked fine, but NOOOOOOOO...it doesn't want to work now.

I downloaded REVO, and did a fresh reinstall after with the startup disabled. I turned off Windows Firewall and turned off my virus protection which is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have nothing else that I can think of that would keep this from working. Please don't tell me I need to do a fresh Windows install.

What do I try next?

Thanks to anyone that can give me some direction here.
Gary

Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE. (Dell Edition) is a OEM bundled with your new PC for free.

You need to contact Dell as they are supposed to support there DE. (Dell Edition) software.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Gary_C

Gary_C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Thanks. I'll get on them then.

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,388 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostGary_C, on 28 January 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Thanks. I'll get on them then.

I can almost guarantee that you will not get a resolve from Dell.

And, Roxio shut down the manual option, to activate the software, years ago!
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,221 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 28 January 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I can almost guarantee that you will not get a resolve from Dell.

And, Roxio shut down the manual option, to activate the software, years ago!

We won't know until Gary_C comes back to let us know, will we?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,388 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 29 January 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

We won't know until Gary_C comes back to let us know, will we?

;)  I think that you already know what Dell will tell him.  It would be a first, if Dell actually did help him.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#7 Gary_C

Gary_C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help. One response I recv'd was to install K-Lite codecs software and that didn't help...and I wasn't even sure how it should have been set up. I posted a several questions about how I should set it up to the responder and I got squat. I did a a clean uninstall of Roxio using REVOuninstallPRO trial version because the error I was getting said 'No Permission-Bad install'. So I will try to install it again to see if I can activate the issue.

Wish me luck fellows. I'll keep you posted if it works.

Gary

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,221 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help

Did you explain to them why would I buy another Dell PC if what I bought last time doesn't work and Dell tech support is no help in fixing it? :blink: :wacko: :blink:
cd
Spoiler

#9 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,388 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostGary_C, on 29 January 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

You are absolutely correct. Dell was no help. One response I recv'd was to install K-Lite codecs software and that didn't help...and I wasn't even sure how it should have been set up. I posted a several questions about how I should set it up to the responder and I got squat. I did a a clean uninstall of Roxio using REVOuninstallPRO trial version because the error I was getting said 'No Permission-Bad install'. So I will try to install it again to see if I can activate the issue.

Wish me luck fellows. I'll keep you posted if it works.

Gary

Thanks for letting us know what Dell did for you, Gary.  I hope that the process that you are going to do, works.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

Main System:
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#10 gatewood

gatewood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Had same problem, I think Corel has made it impossible to activate any "LEGACY" software, they want you to buy new - screw them, I will never buy their ^#!& again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users