• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greyone

greyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

The Sonic Digital Media V7 came packaged with my older HP PC (Windows XP operating system). It contained some very clever templates that really livened up a home movie. While the V7 had some problems I really loved those templates. And, the program was really user friendly.  I upgraded the software package to MyDVD 8 and subsequently to Roxio Media Creator 10 and all those clever templates were gone. And they made the interface much more complicated and difficult to navigate. I thought the V7 was a good package and with the upgrades Roxio would start with that package and improve on it.  But no, they went an entirely different way abandoning some of the best parts of V7.  The templates incorporated in the upgraded software are not really as good as those in V7. I continued to use the V7 movie making software until I upgraded my computer.  
I now have a new PC with Windows 7. Is there a way to download the V7 templates? Or is there software to be downloaded that will accomplish much the same thing. I'v bought 5 different movie making programs, but none of them have templates as clever as those contained in the Sonic Digital Media V7 program.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,902 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

View Postgreyone, on 31 January 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

The Sonic Digital Media V7 came packaged with my older HP PC (Windows XP operating system). It contained some very clever templates that really livened up a home movie. While the V7 had some problems I really loved those templates. And, the program was really user friendly.  I upgraded the software package to MyDVD 8 and subsequently to Roxio Media Creator 10 and all those clever templates were gone. And they made the interface much more complicated and difficult to navigate. I thought the V7 was a good package and with the upgrades Roxio would start with that package and improve on it.  But no, they went an entirely different way abandoning some of the best parts of V7.  The templates incorporated in the upgraded software are not really as good as those in V7. I continued to use the V7 movie making software until I upgraded my computer.  
I now have a new PC with Windows 7. Is there a way to download the V7 templates? Or is there software to be downloaded that will accomplish much the same thing. I'v bought 5 different movie making programs, but none of them have templates as clever as those contained in the Sonic Digital Media V7 program.

I doubt very much that "Sonic Digital Media V7" is compatible with Windows 7 since it is such an ancient program.  
This link shows you what Roxio programs are compatible with Windows 7.

I don't know what clever templates you are referring to.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users