6 replies to this topic

#1 Robber66

Robber66

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

What is the best quality video output. I'm using Video lab and I'm converting Video TS files using Any Video Converter. I couldn't get Roxio Video Lab to do the conversion. I've got it set to convert to "Customized MP Movie (*.mp4)" Is that what I should be convering to to get the best quality possible?
Thanks
Rob

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostRobber66, on 31 January 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

What is the best quality video output. I'm using Video lab and I'm converting Video TS files using Any Video Converter. I couldn't get Roxio Video Lab to do the conversion. I've got it set to convert to "Customized MP Movie (*.mp4)" Is that what I should be convering to to get the best quality possible?
Thanks
Rob

Why are you converting? You can't get better video from what you have now.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,455 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

and what are you going to do with the converted video.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 Robber66

Robber66

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postsknis, on 31 January 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

and what are you going to do with the converted video.

I'm taking making a basketball highlight DVD for my son. I have the games on Disc. I wasn't able to work with Video TS files in Roxio Video Lab and it wouldn't convert them. Someone here recommended that I use Any Video Converter. So I'm copying the Video TS file from a disc and them converting it using Any Video Converter to a workable format so that I can edit and trim the various highlights. I have been using Any Video Converter I have been covering the Video TS files to a "Customized MP Movie (*.mp4)" . I'm just wondering if that is the right type of file to convert them to. There are a number of options. I'm basically clueless as far as this goes so I appoligize if I'm asking a stupid question.

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostRobber66, on 31 January 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

I'm taking making a basketball highlight DVD for my son. I have the games on Disc. I wasn't able to work with Video TS files in Roxio Video Lab and it wouldn't convert them. Someone here recommended that I use Any Video Converter. So I'm copying the Video TS file from a disc and them converting it using Any Video Converter to a workable format so that I can edit and trim the various highlights. I have been using Any Video Converter I have been covering the Video TS files to a "Customized MP Movie (*.mp4)" . I'm just wondering if that is the right type of file to convert them to. There are a number of options. I'm basically clueless as far as this goes so I appoligize if I'm asking a stupid question.

Roxio Video Lab is a cut-down version of a full Roxio Suite and so may have some of the video related features missing.

Video-TS is not a file but a folder containing a number of ifo, bup and vob files. The vob files are the actual video files.
You cannot get better video then what you have now in the Video-TS folder. Converting to mp4 is a waste of time since it will be converted back to the same format and quality you have now in the Video_TS folder when you eventually burn the DVD.

Does your program have an app called Videowave or Edit Video-advanced? If yes then you should have the ability to work with the video contained in the Video-TS folder.

Another option is to copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive and then go into that folder and change the vob extension to mpg. Videowave should now be able to add those mpg files (Actually, Videowave should add the vob file)

Edited by myguggi, 31 January 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 Robber66

Robber66

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 31 January 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Roxio Video Lab is a cut-down version of a full Roxio Suite and so may have some of the video related features missing.

Video-TS is not a file but a colder containing a number of if,bup and vob files. The vob files are the actual video files.
You cannot get better video then what you have now in the Video-TS folder. Converting to mp4 is a waste of time since it will be converted back to the same format and quality you have now in the Video_TS folder when you eventually burn the DVD.

Does your program have an app called Videowave or Edit Video-advanced? If yes then you should have the ability to work with the video contained in the Video-TS folder.

Another option is to copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive and then go into that folder and change the vob extension to mpg. Videowave should now be able to add those mpg files (Actually, Videowave should add the vob file)

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,079 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

(Actually, Videowave should add the vob file)

Videowave won't let you select one vob it will import the whole movie, same as selecting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file..
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users