• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrCook

DrCook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

I had Creator 2009 special edition installed and it ran fine. I COMPLETELY uninstalled 2009 prior to updating to Creator 2012. I made sure msconfig was properly set and that the anti-virus was not running during install. I am running WINXP32. Have an ATI X800XL video card, Realtek AC97 Sound and all hardware drivers have been updated. Now for the problem. VideoWave works ok on 2012, but when I go to do any audio work, such as Digitizing LPs and Tape or Sound Editor/Record Audio, the particular option and the computer freezes. What happens is the processes such as Digitizing Tape and LP process show up in Task Manager, but the process can not be ended. Even if IE explorer is run, it hangs up and can not be deleted from Task Manager Processes. Only way to unfreeze is to shut down and restart. And, since the pc is frozen, the only way to shut down is to hold the power switch for 4 seconds. I tried complete uninstall and reinstall of 2012 but same problem occurs.

When I call up the sound editor, I can add an audio file and play it without system freeze,
but as soon as I click the Record Audio button, system freezes.

Just trying to be complete in the diagnosis; seems any program that has to do with audio recording
freezes the pc or at least freezes Roxio Creator. I notice that in Task Manager, that when
a program freezes, files such as SoundEdit13.exe can not be ended. And, if you
click the Sound Editor again, another instance of SoundEdit13.exe appears in Processes
and can not be ended. I notice that for some reason, the location of the Pinnacle/shared
files does not contain the SmartSound and I think this might be an issue.

In addition, when I do try to run the Digital Tape and LP Edit, a window immediately pops
up which is an instruction as to how to set up audio. Well, this window freezes whenever
the cursor is placed anywhere on the window, and that is the end of story. Only solution
is reboot system.

I am suspecting there is some kind of audio conflict between Creator 2012 and the Realtek audio,
but have tried lots of things to find the issue but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced/solved this problem?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,966 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

May just be an existing condition on your PC :huh:

Something to try would be to redo the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start the install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

Be sure you allow it to 'Check for Updates' during the Repair ;)
Posted Image

#3 DrCook

DrCook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I followed the Prep Steps to the letter, but audio problem still persists.  I think your first suggestion might be the culprit.  There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between Roxio Record and the computer's sound apps.  I have no idea how to prove that. What is puzzling is the way the Task Manager freezes on any executable that has to do with  Roxio Audio apps or my sound apps.  Also, iexplore seems to also get hung for some crazy reason.   Have you seen anything like this?   I appreciate your response today - was very quick.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,966 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

The 'Conflict' idea is strictly yours, not mine... No one has ever had that problem so it seems pretty unlikely :huh:

Might be best if you would contact support directly!

Let us know what you find.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users