4 replies to this topic

#1 RockVideoMum

RockVideoMum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

This is not my first attempt in creating a DVD or an iso image but my last project (last night) is rather puzzling.
I successfully compiled a DVD project and all the process seem to indicate that my DVD as well as the iso image was successfully created.  However, when I reinserted the DVD back into the drive, it doesn't seem to recognise that there are any contents in it and navigating to the drive just shows up blank.Tried in on several PC/laptop drives with the same result.  Blank. No files showing.

I then burned a new disc using the iso image - which also burned successfully but once again the contents are not showing.

It is weird because when I did a preview of the disc before burining, everything works fine.
Can anyone offer any advise/reasons why the DVD is not working?

Regards, Perplexed.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,332 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Of course Media is always suspected, you aren't using any store junk are you  :o  (just Verbatim (Singapore  Mfg.) or Taiyo Yuden (JVC), right?)

When you say you 'navigated to the drive' are you referring to using Windows Explorer or just the Playback Program? (Explorer is the correct answer :lol: )

Do you see the Menu page at all? (there is a condition where the page shows but the buttons don't work)

Reboot then open your Project. Recreate the ISO & Burn. (hope you have a DVD RW disc to play with ;) )
Posted Image

#3 RockVideoMum

RockVideoMum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 03 February 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Of course Media is always suspected, you aren't using any store junk are you  :o  (just Verbatim (Singapore  Mfg.) or Taiyo Yuden (JVC), right?)

When you say you 'navigated to the drive' are you referring to using Windows Explorer or just the Playback Program? (Explorer is the correct answer :lol: )

Do you see the Menu page at all? (there is a condition where the page shows but the buttons don't work)

Reboot then open your Project. Recreate the ISO & Burn. (hope you have a DVD RW disc to play with ;) )
I did all the above none worked. I have now managed to get a bit further by rendering all my videos to mpg first instead of using the originals which I have downloaded from my camera in MTS format and some in MP4s.  It appears the DVD maker can only handle mpg (mpeg2) files.
However, the problem is now evolved.  All the movies are rendered successfully but the DVD burning process gets to 97% and crashes with an error when tring to encode the menus.  I have changed the menu background from my own jpg image but have tried lowerig the size and resolution of the image with no avail.  Any idea how I can get this DVD to compile and burn successfully Please?

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,332 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostRockVideoMum, on 06 February 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

...I have now managed to get a bit further by rendering all my videos to mpg first instead of using the originals which I have downloaded from my camera in MTS format and some in MP4s.

...It appears the DVD maker can only handle mpg (mpeg2) files.

However, the problem is now evolved.  All the movies are rendered successfully but the DVD burning process gets to 97% and crashes with an error when tring to encode the menus.  I have changed the menu background from my own jpg image but have tried lowerig the size and resolution of the image with no avail.  Any idea how I can get this DVD to compile and burn successfully Please?
You actually COPIED the files to your PC, 'downloading' is only fInternetinternet.

Item 2, Completely WRONG!!!! MyDVD & VideoWave deal with multiple formats!

Attached File  VideoWave - Add Photo Video.jpg   195.33K   0 downloads

Yes the fail at 97% happens too often :huh:

A few more things to try:

Tools Option Proxy Files - Clear:

Attached File  MyDVD - Tools - Options - Clear Proxy Files.jpg   130.99K   2 downloads

Then Exit the Program and Shutdown your PC then Restart it. (better than a reboot ;) )

Back in MyDVD, Burn to Folder and see how that works.
Posted Image

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Re: Burning stops at 97% is an industry issue most often associated with trying to completely fill a disc.  The disc or burner or both have issues when the burner is nearing the outside edge of the disc.

See here to confirm that it happens to other programs including Roxio.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users