14 replies to this topic

#1 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

All I want to do is transfer LPs and clean them up a little. I want to know what has the most I need.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,635 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Without knowing what you want to transfer them TOO... pretty hard to guess :P

And 'clean them up a little' is pretty vague :huh: How little? How much?
Posted Image

#3 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Sorry. Transfer to CDs & MP3. Pops & clicks, I don't mind splitting tracks myself. Should I use Roxio's usb adapter or go through line/in (front or sound card). Auto internet info would be cool if it works but I don't mind typing a little.
Thanks

#4 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Whichever you choose remember that a phono out is not a line level output.
That means that a phono out usually needs some kind of an inline pre-amplifier to bring the levels up to a usable point.

When you connect your turntable to your stereo it's preamp does this.If you're just going to try and connect a turntable directly to the Roxio device you'll probably need a pre-amp before the capture device.

If it's a USB turntable there's a chance it has a built in pre-amp.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#5 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Not a usb turntable, just the old reliable with a built in amp with switch. I,ve used it with and without the audio system. I can get through all that.I want to know about the Easy LP to MP3 software, Not a lot of info on the product in the description.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,226 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

View Postroofdog, on 03 February 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Not a usb turntable, just the old reliable with a built in amp with switch. I,ve used it with and without the audio system. I can get through all that.I want to know about the Easy LP to MP3 software, Not a lot of info on the product in the description.

Because it is cut down software that you will probably be sorry you bought! Buy Creator 2012 Pro..
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,635 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

I honestly don't know if any of the Guru's (regular posters) here got that device or not???

Do you have any other Roxio software?

I am not seeing much advantage to that software package... If you didn't have a Line In method to capture with then maybe the USB Device that comes with it, would be of interest...

Otherwise, the full Roxio Creator 2012 Suite (Reg & Pro) have the same software or more:

Attached File  Home - Music - Audio.jpg   125.01K   0 downloads

I am not the best Audio guy so maybe some others will chime in with better info ;)
Posted Image

#8 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't need all the video stuff. And standard and pro 2012 look the same as far as audio goes.

#9 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have easy cd 5.But can't get it to load in the new system without it jacking it all up.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,226 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

View Postroofdog, on 03 February 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

I have easy cd 5.But can't get it to load in the new system without it jacking it all up.

What operating system?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#11 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

XP

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,226 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postroofdog, on 03 February 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

XP

Easy CD Creator 5 works fine in XP without all the add on updates!

I'm going to point user Brendon to this post for technical answers on ECD5 and XP.
cd
Spoiler

#13 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

That would be cool.
Thanks

#14 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,209 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi Roofdog,

Sorry for the delay, I was busy elsewhere.

If you go to THIS TOPIC in the Easy CD Creator 5 forum it will give you the basic info on getting ECDC 5 going in XP.

If you have any questions or problems just start a topic there, and I'll give you any help I can.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#15 roofdog

roofdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thank you Brendon, heading that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users