Gig A.

Copying A Disc.

Question

I previously had Roxio Creator 2010 and uninstalled this using control panel/ BEFORE I installed Roxio Creator 2012 using programs/uninstall a program/highlighted "Roxio Creator 2010" on the populated list, clicked uninstall/change at the top of that window. Said the uninstall was done and to reboot to complete the uninstall which I did. After it rebooted double checked the control program/uninstall to make sure 2010 wasn't in the list and it was gone.

I then did a Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7) using:

Knowledgebase Article : 000207CR .

I then installed Roxio Creator 2012 using the Roxio Creator 2012 disc. I inserted disc and followed the install wizard and answered each prompt as it came up and at the end said the install was successful. I also registered Roxio 2012.

I tried 3 times unsuccessfully to burn a data disc using a memorex & verbatim cd-r's thru data/copy, create burn data disc and got see attached screen shots.

Why is this NOT burning the discs successfully?

Thank you,

George/USA

post-21647-017568400 1328218664.jpg

post-21647-002420900 1328218675.jpg

post-21647-065544600 1328218698.jpg

22 answers to this question

04-09-01 Tracking servo failure

Try under Data and Copy, Burn Data Disc Advanced, Data Project.

Are the disc's R not RW and clean no finger prints?

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware #?

post-97-039851500 1328219996.jpg

post-97-018095100 1328219999.jpg

ok, able to burn under burn data disc advanced, data project the way you advised.

disc's are cd-r (not rw), fresh out of covered spindle, handled by edge's only, inserted into dvd burner..

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware# attached.

But why can't I do it the old way I used wth Creator 2010?

post-21647-069726600 1328225475.jpg

ok, able to burn under burn data disc advanced, data project the way you advised.

disc's are cd-r (not rw), fresh out of covered spindle, handled by edge's only, inserted into dvd burner..

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware# attached.

But why can't I do it the old way I used with Creator 2010?

Don't have a answer why the Home Data Burn won't work! Maye a fluke on your machine or a installation snafu?

Were you using new Verbatim CD-R's?

Is your LG GH50N a retail bought drive you or someone installed in the PC or came pre-installed with your PC?

Don't have a answer why the Home Data Burn won't work! Maye a fluke on your machine or a installation snafu?

Were you using new Verbatim CD-R's?

Is your LG GH50N a retail bought drive you or someone installed in the PC or came pre-installed with your PC?

Thereas NO error message on the install, said install completed (don't know exact msg. I got) but said successful.

Using either Memorex or Verbatim Cd-R's, same error message.

All drives were installed when I bought system from Dell.

Is there ANY way to correct/solve this issue? Wasting alot of discs.

George

I previously had Roxio Creator 2010 and uninstalled this using control panel/ BEFORE I installed Roxio Creator 2012 using programs/uninstall a program/highlighted "Roxio Creator 2010" on the populated list, clicked uninstall/change at the top of that window. Said the uninstall was done and to reboot to complete the uninstall which I did. After it rebooted double checked the control program/uninstall to make sure 2010 wasn't in the list and it was gone.

I then did a Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7) using:

Knowledgebase Article : 000207CR .

I then installed Roxio Creator 2012 using the Roxio Creator 2012 disc. I inserted disc and followed the install wizard and answered each prompt as it came up and at the end said the install was successful. I also registered Roxio 2012.

I tried to copy a disc using data/copy, copy disc and get that attached error message?

So far I am having trouble burning or copying discs.

PLEASE help solve my issues!

post-21647-070318500 1328298750.jpg

Your first sense error was 03-09-01 (command35)

The one you just posted sense error 03-10-90 (commandBE)

6. Drive

If you have tried Actions 1 through 5 above, there may be a problem with your drive. Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/atapi_error_codes_page_1.html

Go to Dell and look for a firmware update for your drive.

The problem might be with your LG Drive "5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF"

To add to what cdanteek has suggested....

Don't use the Memorex CD's - they are bottom feeders, also get some CD-RW's (they are erasable), great for testing, once you get your problem fixed, then use the Verbatim CD's.

Gig A,

When your burner reports an error to the Roxio software you are shown a screen displaying the error that the burner reported, followed by details of your PX burning engine files.

The PX details are just there to show what version your PX engine is at. The important part is the error number that the drive is reporting.

Your first error number was this, Sense error 04, ASC 09, ASCQ 01 which is often shortened to 04/09/01

post-208-084819900 1328305158.jpg

Now this error is the drive reporting a "Tracking Servo Failure" which usually happens when the drive mechanism can't keep the laser centered on the 'groove' pressed into the CD. This can happen with badly balanced media which wobble too much [and sound noisy in the drive], or where the drive itself is having problems.

If it's the media I would suggest you try burning at a slower speed [slower wobble to try and track] or try changing the media for a good quality brand. Memorex is generally despised, and even Verbatim use various manufacturers so their discs aren't consistently good.

I don't know why you're getting better results with the 'advanced' [Roxio] burn application than the 'burn data discs' [sonic] application, but apart from the software quality it might be that one application is trying to burn at a faster speed than the other and making that wobble problem worse.

Your latest error is a 3/10/90

post-208-039131600 1328306404.jpg

Now I can't find that error in any of my MMC-3 ATAPI error code/sense code tables, and I've never seen that one before. One of the tables mentions "Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker." Your /90 error is in that range and unique to the drive maker.

Your burner drive may be having hardware problems.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you cdanteek, ogdens & Brendon for all your help & patience!

I sent Roxio Support an email also in addition to posting on the discussion forum board the day I installed Creator 2012 and had all those problems mentioned in my posts.

I did call Dell Tech yesterday aftr your suggestion to update my firmware and the was an update which they installed, tried burning again still same error msgs.

I got soooooooo frustrated late yesterday between the 5-6 discs I had to throw out (burning errors) and time I spent past few days (15+ hrs., no exaggeration!

I uninstalled Roxio Creator 2012 and was going to start fresh this am aftr a good night sleep and new re-install. :angry2:

However I got a reply back from Roxio Support when I went online this am and had this reply:

Issue Description

Customer Service | RoxioNow | Burning Issue

WebTicket

02/02/2012

Date:02/03/2012

Hi George,

I see that you are facing burning issues with Roxio Creator 2012 as i can see in the error message as sent in your attachments. Please follow the instruction given in the link below to fix the issue:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000070GN&PARAMS=set-locale=en[/b][/b]

Also update your optical drive firmware. Memorex branded disc are incompatible with Roxio, please use a different brand of Cd's or DVD's.

Issue

Describes the PX Engine and where to download.

Knowledgebase Article : 000070GN

Resolution

• The Roxio/Sonic Solutions PX Engine is what enables burning and compatibility of optical media such as CDs and DVDs.

• A PX Engine update ensures the greatest compatibility with the latest drives and media.

• Each release of the PX Engine is backwards compatible with all previous versions of Sonic software and most Roxio software.

Here is a list of compatible software titles:

o Easy Media Creator 7.5 and higher

o VideoWave 8 and higher

o MyDVD - all versions

o RecordNow - all versions

o DVD for Photostory

o DVDit - all versions

o BackUp MyPC - all versions

o Simple BackUp - all versions

Download: PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)

To install the PX Engine update:

1. Download the latest version here to your desktop.

2. Unzip the file.

3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

I reinstalled Roxio Creator 2012 this am, downloaded/installed the above fix and it works now!!!!!

Wanted to let everyone know what my problems were and what the soluton was (update hardware firmware, re-install Creator 2012 & applied above file from Roxio Cust. Care) in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks again,

George/USA

You were able to burn using Burn Data Disc - Advanced. I don't know why it would be different for Burn Data Disc? .blink.gif

Please let us know if it works. This is the first time that I remember where a user had this problem. The solution will go someplace where we can't lose it.

Thank you cdanteek, ogdens & Brendon for all your help & patience!

I sent Roxio Support an email also in addition to posting on the discussion forum board the day I installed Creator 2012 and had all those problems mentioned in my posts.

I did call Dell Tech yesterday aftr your suggestion to update my firmware and the was an update which they installed, tried burning again still same error msgs.

I got soooooooo frustrated late yesterday between the 5-6 discs I had to throw out (burning errors) and time I spent past few days (15+ hrs., no exaggeration!

I uninstalled Roxio Creator 2012 and was going to start fresh this am aftr a good night sleep and new re-install. :angry2:

However I got a reply back from Roxio Support when I went online this am and had this reply:

Issue Description

Customer Service | RoxioNow | Burning Issue

WebTicket

02/02/2012

Date:02/03/2012

Hi George,

I see that you are facing burning issues with Roxio Creator 2012 as i can see in the error message as sent in your attachments. Please follow the instruction given in the link below to fix the issue:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000070GN&PARAMS=set-locale=en[/b][/b]

Also update your optical drive firmware. Memorex branded disc are incompatible with Roxio, please use a different brand of Cd's or DVD's.

Issue

Describes the PX Engine and where to download.

Knowledgebase Article : 000070GN

Resolution

• The Roxio/Sonic Solutions PX Engine is what enables burning and compatibility of optical media such as CDs and DVDs.

• A PX Engine update ensures the greatest compatibility with the latest drives and media.

• Each release of the PX Engine is backwards compatible with all previous versions of Sonic software and most Roxio software.

Here is a list of compatible software titles:

o Easy Media Creator 7.5 and higher

o VideoWave 8 and higher

o MyDVD - all versions

o RecordNow - all versions

o DVD for Photostory

o DVDit - all versions

o BackUp MyPC - all versions

o Simple BackUp - all versions

Download: PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)

To install the PX Engine update:

1. Download the latest version here to your desktop.

2. Unzip the file.

3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

I reinstalled Roxio Creator 2012 this am, downloaded/installed the above fix and it works now!!!!!

Wanted to let everyone know what my problems were and what the soluton was (update hardware firmware, re-install Creator 2012 & applied above file from Roxio Cust. Care) in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks again,

George/USA

Gig A, happy to hear you got it running, BUT.

I doubt the 'PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)' fixed your problem.

The re-install probably fixed a snafu in a previous installation and that made it work.

The update you used is from/dated ''PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)'.

Your C2012 comes with PX Engine Version 4.30.13.0 a much newer version than what you downgraded your C2012 to, PX Engine Version 4.18.16a.

The solution will go someplace where we can't lose it.

No solution here to save!

Guess I spoke too soon. Just tried burning a dada cd, data/copy, burn data disc and got these error messages back (see attached). :angry2::angry2:

candteek mentioned the PX Engine 4.18.16a was older than the one on the Program cd. Can I just get the 4.30.13.0 PX Engine and install that??

Thanks,

George

I doubt the 'PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)' fixed your problem.

The re-install probably fixed a snafu in a previous installation and that made it work.

The update you used is from/dated ''PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)'.

Your C2012 comes with PX Engine Version 4.30.13.0 a much newer version than what you downgraded your C2012 to, PX Engine Version 4.18.16a.

post-21647-044289100 1328526651.jpg

post-21647-012275500 1328526662.jpg

George,

Now your drive has generated an error 03/02/00 which is a seek error on read.

Please carry on and identify your blank discs as Cdanteek has asked just above, but also have you checked and updated your optical drive firmware as the Support person suggested?

Brendon

Brendon/cdanteek,

Sorry it's taken me so long to give u an update on the info u wanted, had surgery Wed.

cdanteek, attached is a screenshot of my dvd drive giving me the error.post-21647-003918700 1328869734.jpg

Brendon, yes I called Dell and updated my firmware back on 2/6 when u mentioned updating my firmware.

Thanks Guys

George/USA

Brendon/cdanteek,

Sorry it's taken me so long to give u an update on the info u wanted, had surgery Wed.

cdanteek, attached is a screenshot of my dvd drive giving me the error.post-21647-003918700 1328869734.jpg

Brendon, yes I called Dell and updated my firmware back on 2/6 when u mentioned updating my firmware.

Thanks Guys

George/USA

What brand and type of disc is in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N that DVD Identifier can't identify?

Does that happen with different brand disc's in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N drive?

I am using Verbatim 4x DVD+RW discs, Sony & Imation discs and yes that message appears on the dvd identifier screen no matter what brand disc n either d or e drive.

I have attached 2 new screenshots of both D + E drive wth Verbatim 4X DVD+RW discs in the drives.

What brand and type of disc is in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N that DVD Identifier can't identify?

Does that happen with different brand disc's in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N drive?

post-21647-072643700 1328964612.jpg

post-21647-035764000 1328964629.jpg

Gig A, your first pic drive D did you push the Identify after the drive spun up the blank disc? You have to push it.

post-97-010215000 1328971265.jpg

post-97-047190400 1328971266.jpg

Not sure I hit "identify" and am attaching 2 new scrshots of d & e drive,using 4x Verbatim DVD+RW discs.

Gig A, your first pic drive D did you push the Identify after the drive spun up the blank disc? You have to push it.

post-21647-038973400 1329042866.jpg

post-21647-022525100 1329042889.jpg

How old are your 4X RW disc's?

How many erases have you made to them?

You see the red text error on your last screen shot, read it.

If you continue to see that with that drive and those disc's something is going bad with one of them.

B4 I forget AGAIN, I LOVE your profile picture, Jack Nicholson actor at his finest moments! What a career, what an actor.......

Those Verbatim DVD-RW are brand new, took them out of the box after u had me downlaod/use the DVD Identifier software to get the info I've been sending u.

NEVER been used or erased.

UGH, will watch to see if it's the drive or disc's that r causing that error message.

Is there any other software out there that is similiar to Creator 2012?

THANK YOU for your time/patience/knowledge/unwavering support till I (we) got answers.

George/USA

How old are your 4X RW disc's?

How many erases have you made to them?

You see the red text error on your last screen shot, read it.

If you continue to see that with that drive and those disc's something is going bad with one of them.