22 replies to this topic

#1 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I previously had Roxio Creator 2010 and uninstalled this using control panel/ BEFORE I installed Roxio Creator 2012 using programs/uninstall a program/highlighted "Roxio Creator 2010" on the populated list, clicked uninstall/change at the top of that window. Said the uninstall was done and to reboot to complete the uninstall which I did. After it rebooted double checked the control program/uninstall to make sure 2010 wasn't in the list and it was gone.

I then did a Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7) using:
Knowledgebase Article : 000207CR .

I then installed Roxio Creator 2012 using the Roxio Creator 2012 disc. I inserted disc and followed the install wizard and answered each prompt as it came up and at the end said the install was successful. I also registered Roxio 2012.

I tried 3 times unsuccessfully to burn a data disc using a memorex &  verbatim cd-r's thru data/copy, create burn data disc and got see attached screen shots.

Why is this NOT burning the discs successfully?

Thank you,
George/USA

Attached Files

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

04-09-01  Tracking servo failure

Try under Data and Copy, Burn Data Disc Advanced, Data Project.

Are the disc's R not RW and clean no finger prints?

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware #?

Attached File  1.jpg   139.03K   0 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   135.89K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

ok, able to burn under burn data disc advanced, data project the way you advised.

disc's are cd-r (not rw), fresh out of covered spindle, handled by edge's only, inserted into dvd burner..

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware# attached.

But why can't I do it the old way I used wth Creator 2010?

Attached Files

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostGig A., on 02 February 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

ok, able to burn under burn data disc advanced, data project the way you advised.

disc's are cd-r (not rw), fresh out of covered spindle, handled by edge's only, inserted into dvd burner..

DVD Burner Drive ID and Firmware# attached.

But why can't I do it the old way I used with Creator 2010?

Don't have a answer why the Home Data Burn won't work! Maye a fluke on your machine or a installation snafu?

Were you using new Verbatim CD-R's?

Is your LG GH50N a retail bought drive you or someone installed in the PC or came pre-installed with your PC?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Don't have a answer why the Home Data Burn won't work! Maye a fluke on your machine or a installation snafu?

Were you using new Verbatim CD-R's?

Is your LG GH50N a retail bought drive you or someone installed in the PC or came pre-installed with your PC?

Thereas NO error message on the install, said install completed (don't know exact msg. I got) but said successful.

Using either Memorex or Verbatim Cd-R's, same error message.

All drives were installed when I bought system from Dell.

Is there ANY way to correct/solve this issue? Wasting alot of discs.

George

#6 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I previously had Roxio Creator 2010 and uninstalled this using control panel/ BEFORE I installed Roxio Creator 2012 using programs/uninstall a program/highlighted "Roxio Creator 2010" on the populated list, clicked uninstall/change at the top of that window. Said the uninstall was done and to reboot to complete the uninstall which I did. After it rebooted double checked the control program/uninstall to make sure 2010 wasn't in the list and it was gone.

I then did a Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7) using:
Knowledgebase Article : 000207CR .

I then installed Roxio Creator 2012 using the Roxio Creator 2012 disc. I inserted disc and followed the install wizard and answered each prompt as it came up and at the end said the install was successful. I also registered Roxio 2012.

I tried to copy a disc using data/copy, copy disc and get that attached error message?

So far I am having trouble burning or copying discs.

PLEASE help solve my issues!

Attached Files

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Your first sense error was 03-09-01 (command35)

The one you just posted sense error 03-10-90 (commandBE)

6. Drive
If you have tried Actions 1 through 5 above, there may be a problem with your drive. Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

http://www.cdr-zone....des_page_1.html

Go to Dell and look for a firmware update for your drive.

The problem might be with your LG Drive "5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF"
cd
Spoiler

#8 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,148 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

To add to what  cdanteek has suggested....

Don't use the Memorex CD's - they are bottom feeders, also get  some CD-RW's (they are erasable), great for testing, once you get your problem fixed, then use the Verbatim CD's.

#9 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,262 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Gig A,

When your burner reports an error to the Roxio software you are shown a screen displaying the error that the burner reported, followed by details of your PX burning engine files.

The PX details are just there to show what version your PX engine is at. The important part is the error number that the drive is reporting.
Your first error number was this, Sense error 04, ASC 09, ASCQ 01 which is often shortened to 04/09/01
Attached File  error.jpg   33.8K   0 downloads

Now this error is the drive reporting a "Tracking Servo Failure" which usually happens when the drive mechanism can't keep the laser centered on the 'groove' pressed into the CD. This can happen with badly balanced media which wobble too much [and sound noisy in the drive], or where the drive itself is having problems.

If it's the media I would suggest you try burning at a slower speed [slower wobble to try and track] or try changing the media for a good quality brand. Memorex is generally despised, and even Verbatim use various manufacturers so their discs aren't consistently good.

I don't know why you're getting better results with the 'advanced' [Roxio] burn application than the 'burn data discs' [Sonic] application, but apart from the software quality it might be that one application is trying to burn at a faster speed than the other and making that wobble problem worse.

Your latest error is a 3/10/90
Attached File  error2.jpg   30.13K   0 downloads

Now I can't find that error in any of my MMC-3 ATAPI error code/sense code tables, and I've never seen that one before. One of the tables mentions "Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker." Your /90 error is in that range and unique to the drive maker.

Your burner drive may be having hardware problems.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#10 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thank you cdanteek, ogdens & Brendon for all your help & patience!

I sent Roxio Support an email also in addition to posting on the discussion forum board the day I installed Creator 2012 and had all those problems mentioned in my posts.

I did call Dell Tech yesterday aftr your suggestion to update my firmware and the was an update which they installed, tried burning again still same error msgs.

I got soooooooo frustrated late yesterday between the 5-6 discs I had to throw out (burning errors) and time I spent past few days (15+ hrs., no exaggeration!
I uninstalled Roxio Creator 2012 and was going to start fresh this am aftr a good night sleep and new re-install.  :angry2:

However I got a reply back from Roxio Support when I went online this am and had this reply:

Issue Description
Customer Service | RoxioNow | Burning Issue

WebTicket
02/02/2012

Date:02/03/2012
Hi George,

I see that you are facing burning issues with Roxio Creator 2012 as i can see in the error message as sent in your attachments. Please follow the instruction given in the link below to fix the issue:

http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en[/b][/b]

Also update your optical drive firmware. Memorex branded disc are incompatible with Roxio, please use a different brand of Cd's or DVD's.

Issue
Describes the PX Engine and where to download.
Knowledgebase Article : 000070GN

Resolution
The Roxio/Sonic Solutions PX Engine is what enables burning and compatibility of optical media such as CDs and DVDs.
A PX Engine update ensures the greatest compatibility with the latest drives and media.
Each release of the PX Engine is backwards compatible with all previous versions of Sonic software and most Roxio software.

Here is a list of compatible software titles:
o Easy Media Creator 7.5 and higher
o VideoWave 8 and higher
o MyDVD - all versions
o RecordNow - all versions
o DVD for Photostory
o DVDit - all versions
o BackUp MyPC - all versions
o Simple BackUp - all versions

Download: PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)

To install the PX Engine update:
1. Download the latest version here to your desktop.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

I reinstalled Roxio Creator 2012 this am, downloaded/installed the above fix and it works now!!!!!

Wanted to let everyone know what my problems were and what the soluton was (update hardware firmware, re-install Creator 2012 & applied above file from Roxio Cust. Care) in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks again,
George/USA

#11 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,425 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

You were able to burn using  Burn Data Disc - Advanced.  I don't know why it would be different for Burn Data Disc?  .Posted Image

Please let us know if it works.  This is the first time that I remember where a user had this problem.  The solution will go someplace where we can't lose it.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostGig A., on 04 February 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Thank you cdanteek, ogdens & Brendon for all your help & patience!

I sent Roxio Support an email also in addition to posting on the discussion forum board the day I installed Creator 2012 and had all those problems mentioned in my posts.

I did call Dell Tech yesterday aftr your suggestion to update my firmware and the was an update which they installed, tried burning again still same error msgs.

I got soooooooo frustrated late yesterday between the 5-6 discs I had to throw out (burning errors) and time I spent past few days (15+ hrs., no exaggeration!
I uninstalled Roxio Creator 2012 and was going to start fresh this am aftr a good night sleep and new re-install.  :angry2:

However I got a reply back from Roxio Support when I went online this am and had this reply:

Issue Description
Customer Service | RoxioNow | Burning Issue

WebTicket
02/02/2012

Date:02/03/2012
Hi George,

I see that you are facing burning issues with Roxio Creator 2012 as i can see in the error message as sent in your attachments. Please follow the instruction given in the link below to fix the issue:

http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en[/b][/b]

Also update your optical drive firmware. Memorex branded disc are incompatible with Roxio, please use a different brand of Cd's or DVD's.

Issue
Describes the PX Engine and where to download.
Knowledgebase Article : 000070GN

Resolution
The Roxio/Sonic Solutions PX Engine is what enables burning and compatibility of optical media such as CDs and DVDs.
A PX Engine update ensures the greatest compatibility with the latest drives and media.
Each release of the PX Engine is backwards compatible with all previous versions of Sonic software and most Roxio software.

Here is a list of compatible software titles:
o Easy Media Creator 7.5 and higher
o VideoWave 8 and higher
o MyDVD - all versions
o RecordNow - all versions
o DVD for Photostory
o DVDit - all versions
o BackUp MyPC - all versions
o Simple BackUp - all versions

Download: PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)

To install the PX Engine update:
1. Download the latest version here to your desktop.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.

I reinstalled Roxio Creator 2012 this am, downloaded/installed the above fix and it works now!!!!!

Wanted to let everyone know what my problems were and what the soluton was (update hardware firmware, re-install Creator 2012 & applied above file from Roxio Cust. Care) in case anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks again,
George/USA

Gig A, happy to hear you got it running, BUT.

I doubt the 'PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)' fixed your problem.

The re-install probably fixed a snafu in a previous installation and that made it work.

The update you used is from/dated ''PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)'.

Your C2012 comes with PX Engine Version 4.30.13.0 a much newer version than what you downgraded your C2012 to, PX Engine Version  4.18.16a.

The solution will go someplace where we can't lose it.

No solution here to save!
cd
Spoiler

#13 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Guess I spoke too soon. Just tried burning a dada cd, data/copy, burn data disc and got these error messages back (see attached). :angry2:  :angry2:

candteek mentioned the PX Engine 4.18.16a was older than the one on the Program cd. Can I just get the 4.30.13.0 PX Engine and install that??

Thanks,
George

I doubt the 'PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)' fixed your problem.

The re-install probably fixed a snafu in a previous installation and that made it work.

The update you used is from/dated ''PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)'.

Your C2012 comes with PX Engine Version 4.30.13.0 a much newer version than what you downgraded your C2012 to, PX Engine Version 4.18.16a.

Attached Files

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Download this free tool>  dvd identifier v5.2.0 [January 10, 2009]

Here>>  http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Now identify the disc that gave you that error and post a screen shot.

Attached File  1.jpg   158.35K   0 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#15 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,262 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

George,

Now your drive has generated an error 03/02/00 which is a seek error on read.

Please carry on and identify your blank discs as Cdanteek has asked just above, but also have you checked and updated your optical drive firmware as the Support person suggested?

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#16 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Brendon/cdanteek,

Sorry it's taken me so long to give u an update on the info u wanted, had surgery Wed.

cdanteek, attached is a screenshot of my dvd drive giving me the error.Attached File  dvd id.JPG   113.84K   0 downloads

Brendon, yes I called Dell and updated my firmware back on 2/6 when u mentioned updating my firmware.

Thanks Guys

George/USA

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostGig A., on 10 February 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Brendon/cdanteek,

Sorry it's taken me so long to give u an update on the info u wanted, had surgery Wed.

cdanteek, attached is a screenshot of my dvd drive giving me the error.Attachment dvd id.JPG

Brendon, yes I called Dell and updated my firmware back on 2/6 when u mentioned updating my firmware.

Thanks Guys

George/USA

What brand and type of disc is in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N that DVD Identifier can't identify?

Does that happen with different brand disc's in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N drive?
cd
Spoiler

#18 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

I am using Verbatim 4x DVD+RW discs, Sony & Imation discs and yes that message appears on the dvd identifier screen no matter what brand disc n either d or e drive.

I have attached 2 new screenshots of both D + E drive wth Verbatim 4X DVD+RW discs in the drives.

What brand and type of disc is in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N that DVD Identifier can't identify?

Does that happen with different brand disc's in the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N drive?

Attached Files

• Attached File  dd.JPG   108.7K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  ee.JPG   114.7K   0 downloads

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Gig A, your first pic drive D did you push the Identify after the drive spun up the blank disc? You have to push it.

Attached File  1st.jpg   90.39K   0 downloads

Attached File  2nd.jpg   107.33K   0 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#20 Gig A.

Gig A.

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Not sure I hit "identify" and am attaching 2 new scrshots of d & e drive,using 4x Verbatim DVD+RW discs.

Gig A, your first pic drive D did you push the Identify after the drive spun up the blank disc? You have to push it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  eee.JPG   114.94K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  ddd.JPG   125.5K   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users