7 replies to this topic

#1 Yogi-2

Yogi-2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

Encounter video import problem. Creator 2012 Pro > Video > Capture Video. Starts Roxio Media Input. In the disk drive got DVD (must have some problems) which I can play on the computer usind WMP, Real Player etc. In WMP is says "Unknown DVD". Roxio does not see it at all. And when I go to Exit (finish Capture Video) it hang itself displaying in window ATL 9.00. What it means? Does anybody knows?

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,744 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostYogi-2, on 05 February 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Encounter video import problem. Creator 2012 Pro > Video > Capture Video. Starts Roxio Media Input. In the disk drive got DVD (must have some problems) which I can play on the computer usind WMP, Real Player etc. In WMP is says "Unknown DVD". Roxio does not see it at all. And when I go to Exit (finish Capture Video) it hang itself displaying in window ATL 9.00. What it means? Does anybody knows?

What are you trying to do? Why are you trying to capture video from a DVD?

Your post is confusing. At one point you say  "In the disk drive got DVD (must have some problems) which I can play on the computer usind WMP" and then in the next sentence you say "In WMP is says "Unknown DVD". Now which is it: WMP plays the DVD or it does not recognize the DVD?

What is on the DVD? Where did you get it?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Yogi-2

Yogi-2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

1. I am trying to get DVD into computer.
2. I am trying to capture video in order to edit, cut mostly.
3. WMP plays the DVD - says unknown DVD, but it plays. In Real Palyer (plays) "recording button" says: unable to record this movie.
4. On DVD is a copy of my old VHS tapes.
5. I got DVD by copying VHS to DVD on DVD+R

Tried again same procedure, left it for 20 minutes before clicking on "Exit" - after that got the message: This program has stop working. yo may check for the solution or close. I closed it.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,084 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostYogi-2, on 05 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

1. I am trying to get DVD into computer.
2. I am trying to capture video in order to edit, cut mostly.
3. WMP plays the DVD - says unknown DVD, but it plays. In Real Palyer (plays) "recording button" says: unable to record this movie.
4. On DVD is a copy of my old VHS tapes.
5. I got DVD by copying VHS to DVD on DVD+R

Tried again same procedure, left it for 20 minutes before clicking on "Exit" - after that got the message: This program has stop working. yo may check for the solution or close. I closed it.

Go to the DVD Drive in My Computer that has the disc in it. Right click on that drive and left click open/explore, when it opens right click select all, then right click copy. Go to your desk top right click new folder, open the new folder and right click paste. Your DVD should copy to the new folder, it it doesn't the drive and disc are encountering read errors form the disc.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 Yogi-2

Yogi-2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Followed cdanteed advice. It worked (to some degree) - but in the process I found out why it was a problem. Years ego when VHS tapes were transfer to DVD we used "one button" transfer on VHS/DVD combine (we still own it). Nobody ever check it out - it was just for archive. It turned out that VHS tapes were longer than DVD capacity - We played those DVD disks many times - on the same DVD player. Turned out that there is some sort of the "end of the info" marker on DVD and it could not have been written and on some DVD player it would not play. It would play on computer, but did not wanted to copy to hard drive. After we realized what happen we checked VHS tapes (still have them) and found that about 1/3 of the tape is NOT on DVD. As a result I will be spending more money on Roxio product since I just got promotional e-mail about "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus" and it appears that this will solve my problem and recover rest of the memories.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostYogi-2, on 10 February 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Followed cdanteed advice. It worked (to some degree) - but in the process I found out why it was a problem. Years ego when VHS tapes were transfer to DVD we used "one button" transfer on VHS/DVD combine (we still own it). Nobody ever check it out - it was just for archive. It turned out that VHS tapes were longer than DVD capacity - We played those DVD disks many times - on the same DVD player. Turned out that there is some sort of the "end of the info" marker on DVD and it could not have been written and on some DVD player it would not play. It would play on computer, but did not wanted to copy to hard drive. After we realized what happen we checked VHS tapes (still have them) and found that about 1/3 of the tape is NOT on DVD. As a result I will be spending more money on Roxio product since I just got promotional e-mail about "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus" and it appears that this will solve my problem and recover rest of the memories.

You can use C2012 to transfer the VHS video to your hard drive and then burn to DVD just like the VHS2DVD 3 will.

I don't know what you mean by "end of info marker"?  A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video. Any longer and it has to be compressed. Trying to squueze more then 120 minutes of video on a DVD will give very poort quality and all sorts of problems when trying to play back.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 Yogi-3

Yogi-3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

What an idiotic system! Purchased Easy Cap video adapter first - it does not work with Windows 7. I did not risked getting unknown drivers over internet and as a result I purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD3. Installed, worked for a while and than I am getting every 50 or so seconds message that video is lost and "do I want to record captured video". Now I have 2 useless pieces sitting on the shelf. Finally I let my finger do the walking and found electronic store on North Side Chicago - took a long trip and the guy is putting my VHS on the DVD for $15 per disk. I wish I knew that before I purchased that junk. On the top of it I tried to sign to forum but because I purchased "new" product of Roxio and registered, this site decided that I was never here and would not let me sign in without creating NEW account. After hours of trying (and Yogi-2 was taken)I decided what a heck - added 1 and now I am Yogi-3. Now, just to be fair - Roxio Creator 2012 Pro does "see" the adapter and can capture the video. However Easy Cap under Widows & produces only blue screen and no audio. Roxio adapter works well - when it works. I suspect the USB adapter itself, but have no way of testing or even returning, replacing. What a sorry expirience.

#8 Yogi-2

Yogi-2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

After creating new account and posting above I signed out and tried to sign in as a Yogi-2. It works. Interesting....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users