#1 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

Howdy y'all!!

I just got my 2012 Pro "Upgrade" and I have a few questions for sugestions before installing it. I'd rather not screw it up and get it right the first time. Below is some info I looked for and could not find complete clarity.

A) Do I have to uninstall the older version first? and if so how does it know that I have a previous version, do I use my old key?

B) Are there any issues that may occur during an upgrade that I should be aware of beforehand? and if so is there a link to any info that I can print out on the issues?

C) Will my old projects/folders be used/recognized by the newer version? or is it so new that I am just going to lose them.

D) Will this install interfere with Adobe Elements/Premiere Elements because of that programs version of SoundSoap

E) is there ANYthing else, any posts or info that I should/could read before upgrading that you can think of, any at all would be appreciated!

Thanks for you time!! And have a Fantastic Day!!

RobC

Edited by MysterC, 05 February 2012 - 08:24 AM.

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ; Intel i7-4771 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2133mhz ; EVGA GTX780 ; SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD Raptor II/System installed with Windows 8.1 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor II Games ; 1TB WD/storage (partitioned) Programs / video ; Happuage WinTV HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostMysterC, on 05 February 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Howdy y'all!!

I just got my 2012 Pro "Upgrade" and I have a few questions for sugestions before installing it. I'd rather not screw it up and get it right the first time. These is some info I looked for and could not find complete clarity.

A) Do I have to uninstall the older version first? and if so how does it know that I have a previous version, do I use my old key?

B) Are there any issues that may occur during an upgrade that I should be aware of beforehand? and if so is there a link to any info that I can print out on the issues?

C) Will my old projects/folders be used/recognized by the newer version? or is it so new that I am just going to lose them.

D) Will this install interfere with Adobe Elements/Premiere Elements because of that programs version of SoundSoap

E) is there ANYthing else, any posts or info that I should/could read before upgrading that you can think of, any at all would be appreciated!

Thanks for you time!! And have a Fantastic Day!!

RobC

What is the older version?  A lot  A and B) depends on that.

The upgrade is a stand alone and you do not need to have the previous version on your computer nor do you need the key.

Elements and Sound Soap will not be touched.  They are completely separate programs.   Creator 2012 has Izotope.  You can choose to use either.

Make sure your computer is up to date (see this),  that you keep your anti-virus off while installing and NEVER use a Registry Cleaner.

Edited by sknis, 05 February 2012 - 08:23 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Howdy Skins thanks for the quick reply!!

I have Creator 2011, my PC is fully updated as well as the latest drivers for video and audio.

I have NOD32 AV version 5 and Malewarebytes (retail, runs resident) should I turn them both off?

Also I have one project I'm working on (a videowave production) this should still be viable with the new version right? I'm using special effects for the into scenes and they may be diferent soo, if not it's no big deal I'm not totally happy with it anyways, I can always start over

thanks for the help man,
RobC

Edited by MysterC, 05 February 2012 - 09:13 AM.

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ; Intel i7-4771 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2133mhz ; EVGA GTX780 ; SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD Raptor II/System installed with Windows 8.1 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor II Games ; 1TB WD/storage (partitioned) Programs / video ; Happuage WinTV HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

I have NOD32 AV version 5 and Malewarebytes (retail, runs resident) should I turn them both off?

YES!

Also I have one project I'm working on (a videowave production) this should still be viable with the new version right?

Never and I mean never count on a new version working with a older version of the same software. Finish it in the old version first.

You never answer that question "What is the older version?"

You posted in Creator 2012 but say you have I have Creator 2011, it will be moved there.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,739 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostMysterC, on 05 February 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Howdy Skins thanks for the quick reply!!

I have Creator 2011, my PC is fully updated as well as the latest drivers for video and audio.

Also I have one project I'm working on (a videowave production) this should still be viable with the new version right? I'm using special effects for the into scenes and they may be diferent soo, if not it's no big deal I'm not totally happy with it anyways, I can always start over

thanks for the help man,
RobC

Don't rely on "older" project files to be totally compatible with C2012. It is best to finish a project completely before mving to the newer version.

Installing C2012 will uninstall C2011

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 05 February 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

You never answer that question "What is the older version?"

You posted in Creator 2012 but say you have I have Creator 2011, it will be moved there.

The answer to the question What is the older version?
IS Creator 2011 as I posted, I just bought 2012 Pro Upgrade that’s why I posted it in the 2012 Install section. I think that my answering that question without a question/quote form Skins may have caused this confusion. sorry.

View PostFrom 05 February 2012 - 09:20 AM:

YES!!

Got it!! Will shut off all AV and Anti-Maleware

View Postmyguggi, on 05 February 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Installing C2012 will uninstall C2011
Excellent!  Is this the BEST option for my upgrade from Creator 2011 TO Creator 2012Pro?

View Postmyguggi, on 05 February 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Don't rely on "older" project files to be totally compatible with C2012. It is best to finish a project completely before mving to the newer version.

No problem, I am not that far into it that I can't just start a new project, I'm not really happy with how it's coming along anyways, I only have few hours into it and really think I could have approcahed it differently anyways.

Edited by MysterC, 05 February 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#7 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Ok, I got the audio track part of my project saved into mp3 as that took most of my time in this project, that should be compatible with any sound editing software.

Since I see NO major issues that I should look out for other than turning off AV....Now I'm going for the Upgrade!!

I'm going to do the un-install, reboot, install new program method, if I run into any snags with my keys not working I'll contact support!!

thanks y'all!!

GO GIANTS!!

RobC

OK Got it installed!!

Everything seems to work great except CinePlayer, checking on that now.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Have a Great day!!

Edited by MysterC, 06 February 2012 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users