Ziggy7345

Should I Upgrade To Vhs To Dvd 3?

Question

I got the VHS to DVD hardware as part of a Creator 2012 bundle. My video captures to-date have worked well using the software that is in Creator 2012. Is there any reason for me to upgrade to VHS to DVD 3? It looks like the new software has some improvements over what is available in Creator.

7 answers to this question

I got the VHS to DVD hardware as part of a Creator 2012 bundle. My video captures to-date have worked well using the software that is in Creator 2012. Is there any reason for me to upgrade to VHS to DVD 3? It looks like the new software has some improvements over what is available in Creator.

1. I wouldn't.

2. What "improvements over what is available in Creator" are you talking about?

Of course you have the 2012 Special Edition...

I believe the only feature you lack is the auto split of a movie over multiple dvds???

Here is a list:

post-39730-056919900 1328635053.jpg

Hey, if you have $20 to spare go for it ! .... (Software only update.) rolleyes.gif

That split function is handy but you can plan ahead in Creator 2012 to do the same thing. Remember that it is standard definition only since it is designed to take a VHS video tape as the input.

1. I wouldn't.

2. What "improvements over what is available in Creator" are you talking about?

The 'video capture' interface in Creator is somewhat limited. I would at least like to choose the frame rate. The screen shots for VHS to DVD 3, on the web site, make the interface look a little more robust. The frame showing the video is much larger.

The 'video capture' interface in Creator is somewhat limited. I would at least like to choose the frame rate. The screen shots for VHS to DVD 3, on the web site, make the interface look a little more robust. The frame showing the video is much larger.

VHS to DVD 3 lets you choose the frame rate (frames per second (FPS)? :unsure:

Are you talking about quality? How much can you put on a disc?

VHS to DVD 3 lets you choose the frame rate (frames per second (FPS)? :unsure:

Noooo!

It captures at the frame rate based on your location (Windows Installed Language?)...

If your in NTSC you get 720 X 480 @ 8mbps and 29 fps...

PAL People get 720 X 480 @ 8mbps and 25 fps...

Unless you have chosen to use 'Plug & Burn' and reduced the quality :huh:

Edited by Jim_Hardin