• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fireflytx

fireflytx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

I posted a similar topic about this before but seems no matter what I do,  when I change whatever file I use to an mpg 2 it has some pixelation and does not look like the original file. I record a lot in eyetv and yes, it is standard definition but I at least expect the quality to look the same as the original I am encoding from. I tried going right from eyetv to and h.264. I tried using compressor to encode for blu-ray. I tried adjusting the bit rate in toast. I tried never letting toast do the encoding. Still I get pixelation that the file does not have until I go to do some kind of encoding to meg 2.  Can someone take me through the step you take in order to get a picture without pixelation? At least I am not wasting media cause I do same a disc image first and check it with the roxio video viewer. I have final cut, compressor and using toast to burn. So whatever I need to do those are the tools I have.  I am so frustrated and wonder why anyone would even use this cause it looks terrible. Maybe to a very novice eye they wouldn't notice it at first but right away I can see the pixels.

If it helps I use a mac with a quad core processor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users