nthebrk

Record Turn Table Setup

Question

I have a BIC turn table, has red and white cords that plug into amplifier. So, where do I plug the red and white from the computer adapter into the amplifier. There is no in out where the turn table plugs in. Should I use the tape deck in out instead? Can you plug the turn table directly into the computer adapter and not use the amplifier. Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

I have a BIC turn table, has red and white cords that plug into amplifier. So, where do I plug the red and white from the computer adapter into the amplifier. There is no in out where the turn table plugs in. Should I use the tape deck in out instead? Can you plug the turn table directly into the computer adapter and not use the amplifier. Thanks for any help.

Does you amp have a Phono connection? Phono in from the turntable Phono out to the Capture Device.

http://www.needledoctor.com/FAQs/Phono-Preamp-FAQs

Can you plug the turn table directly into the computer adapter and not use the amplifier.

Usually not, you need a preamp to boost the turntable signal..

thank you for your quick reply and the link, it was very helpful and I will try the following and see if it works. I will use the inputs and outputs of the cd player. Phono does not have outputs

When the signal leaves the preamp output, it’s basically the same as what a CD player or cassette deck would send, which is why any of those inputs on your receiver will work.

I am new to forum, sorry, I guess I should have continued same topic. Please see my response to your previous one under no audio. Again, thanks for your help.