• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bill3

Bill3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hello. Been using the LP to CD software only 6 hours. Finally got a CD to play on a real Cd player. Have a few questions.
1. Recording Level - Auto if I play a track on the LP and while playing it, press Auto does the software stay in auto when I restart the LP at the beginning and then record the LP? What happens if I have not pressed Auto and then click on it when the LP is being captured on the PC?
2. My goal is to convert my LPs to CDs to play on CD players not necessarily on PCs with CD rom. Like playing them in the car cd player. There are about 6 different file types to save the captured temporary files in. I really don't now the differences. I randomly picked .wav is that the right one? What are the others for? And what do they do?
3. I went into options and think I am asking it to separate the tracks and the screen says Tracks recorded 5, but when I burn export it with Export Tracks/Clips the Cd I created has it all on 1 big track. How do I get separate Tracks as you do on Commercial Music CDs that you buy at the Record store. I did click on Add Track separator.
What are Clips versus Tracks. Why pick one over the other?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,624 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hi Bill.

I am not that good with Audio, so I asked a couple of others to take a look at your Topic. They should post something today or so ;)
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,529 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Whoa !  We are going too far too fast.   If you are making a standard cd, wav is the way to go to get about 20 pieces of music on it.  If you want more, you use mp3 which gives you several hours of music on a single cd.  You must have a player that plays mp3 files.  Car stereos are normally audio players  -- wav.   When you look on an audio cd, you should see a bunch of files that are about 1.bit.  Those are the pointers to the music.   If you are making an audio cd, all the music must be added during the first burn.  You cannot add more later.

To answer the three questions:

1. Recording Level - Auto if I play a track on the LP and while playing it, press Auto does the software stay in auto when I restart the LP at the beginning and then record the LP? What happens if I have not pressed Auto and then click on it when the LP is being captured on the PC?

Yes, the recording level will stay at the same level when you restart the LP.  Use this and pause to record both sides of an LP.   Once the recording is started, pressing the auto level may be ignored or it may crash the program and you will have to start all over again.   I never tried it !  

2. My goal is to convert my LPs to CDs to play on CD players not necessarily on PCs with CD rom. Like playing them in the car cd player. There are about 6 different file types to save the captured temporary files in. I really don't now the differences. I randomly picked .wav is that the right one? What are the others for? And what do they do?

See discussion above for wav vs mp3.  The others are other audio codecs that have more or less compression.  They are good for computers and other portable devices that can use that compression format.   Stick with wav.

3. I went into options and think I am asking it to separate the tracks and the screen says Tracks recorded 5, but when I burn export it with Export Tracks/Clips the Cd I created has it all on 1 big track. How do I get separate Tracks as you do on Commercial Music CDs that you buy at the Record store. I did click on Add Track separator.
What are Clips versus Tracks. Why pick one over the other?

Tracks is one audio file.  Depending on how you capture, it could be one piece of music or the whole LP.  Clips are the individual pieces of music.  You want to export the clips.

Note I'm at a little disadvantage since I don't have the exact same software you do. I can't find it on the current Roxio sales page.  Are you sure that what you have is the name you posted?  It may be an older program and not for for sale from the web site.    If you need more information, please post a screen capture of the page you are working with.  

Did I answer everything?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users