27 replies to this topic

#1 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Attached File  Screen shot-1.jpg   162.58K   0 downloadsI have done all the suggestions I can find to do concerning this issue and still have a problem with my Preview area.  All photos are black & white and with lines through them.  However, they are fine on the Storyline.  I also have slight problems keeping changes done in Pan/Zoom.  When I move into the Audio editing screen, some areas are jumping, not stationary. There may be other little glitches elsewhere, but I haven't come across them yet.

From what I have researched, this is likely a graphics card issue that updating the driver did not fix.  I also unistalled Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition using the Revo Uninstaller, deleting all leftover registry entries, but had to do a System Restore because the re-install didn't work.  Then I did an uninstall through Add/Remove, then clean reinstalled.  No change.  

While I can keep working with it this way, it is much more challenging.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Info:
Software:Creator 11
MotherBoard:Hp-RP827AV-ABA m7790y
Processor:Intel Core Duo
Video Card: NVidea GeForce 7500LE
  Driver: 8.1712.8562
DirectX 11
Power supply: 350W
4GB memory
Browser: IE8

Edited by Skindy, 20 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,072 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I don't know where you get that version # but this is the new one I see by following the specs you posted!

What type brand of PC? Desktop or laptop?

Attached File  Nv.jpg   128.93K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,709 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostSkindy, on 20 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Attachment Screen shot-1.jpgI have done all the suggestions I can find to do concerning this issue and still have a problem with my Preview area.  All photos are black & white and with lines through them.  However, they are fine on the Storyline.  I also have slight problems keeping changes done in Pan/Zoom.  When I move into the Audio editing screen, some areas are jumping, not stationary. There may be other little glitches elsewhere, but I haven't come across them yet.

From what I have researched, this is likely a graphics card issue that updating the driver did not fix.  I also unistalled Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition using the Revo Uninstaller, deleting all leftover registry entries, but had to do a System Restore because the re-install didn't work.  Then I did an uninstall through Add/Remove, then clean reinstalled.  No change.  

While I can keep working with it this way, it is much more challenging.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Info:
Software:Creator 11
MotherBoard:Hp-RP827AV-ABA m7790y
Processor:Intel Core Duo
DirectX 11
Power supply: 350W
4GB memory
Browser: IE8

Go to the folder where you saved your Videowave production and find the file with that name that has a "DAT" file extension. Then delete it. Be sure and DO NOT
delete the file name with the DMSM file extension. Now go back and open up your Videowave production . The program will create a new DAT file and your photos
should now not have the wavy lines.

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#4 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

CD...I got the version number off my DirectX diagnostic tool/Display page.  It's the right version...the periods are just in different places, I guess.  Regardless, I downloaded the updated driver directly from NVidea.

Frank...Love the new suggestion, thanks...but it didn't work.  It doesn't matter what project is up.

Any other suggestions?
Cindy

#5 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,709 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi Cindy---Are the lines still through each of the photos in the small squares and also in the large preview window no matter which photo you look at ?
How many times have you saved this same Videowave production ? if there are more than one DAT files for several other saved DMSM files for that same
production, delete ALLof the DAT files for that production and see if that helps.

Frank...
REDWAGON

#6 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

I have no lines in the Storyline squares and have color there.  It does matter which photo I look at.  I did a search of .dmsm files and found several .dat files from other productions and deleted them all.  It didn't help.  
Cindy

#7 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,709 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

That's odd Cindy ? If you have photos in the story loine squares that have color and no wavy lines, then you should see the same thing in the larger preview window.
Are some of the photos you added to the production B/W and some colored ?

A s far as deleting the dat files for all the "OTHER" Videowave productions you have made---You should be O.K. there as when you open any of those other productions
(dmsm files in Videowave) they will reproduce a new dat file for those also.

So just to get caught up, what exactly is your specific problem now ?

Frank...
REDWAGON

#8 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have some black and white and some color in the production.  All are showing black and white in the Preview area.  If you look at the screen shot I sent in my first post, it shows exactly what I get, no matter what production I'm using.  Even if I create a new one.  If I do editing, say Pan/Zoom, hit OK...the screen briefly shows the correct picture, than immediately goes to the black and white with stripes.  
Thanks for your interest in helping me, Frank.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostSkindy, on 20 February 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

I have some black and white and some color in the production.  All are showing black and white in the Preview area.  If you look at the screen shot I sent in my first post, it shows exactly what I get, no matter what production I'm using.  Even if I create a new one.  If I do editing, say Pan/Zoom, hit OK...the screen briefly shows the correct picture, than immediately goes to the black and white with stripes.  
Thanks for your interest in helping me, Frank.

Which Intel core 2 duo?  Did you have this problem before upgrading to Windows 7?  What else do you have running on that computer at the same time? That power supply looks small for that card.  What is the recommendation?

Just checked further, that 350 watt power supply seems to be OK.

Edited by sknis, 20 February 2012 - 02:30 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#10 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but here's what I know.  Intel Core 2Duo Proc. E6400(2.13GHZ).

It is a good possibility that things worked fine before upgrading, but I am not positive.  It's been awhile since I used the program.  I upgraded to Win7 because I was having issues with Windows Photo Gallery (then Windows Live Photo Gallery ) and couldn't play imported video.  They would freeze WLP when I tried to play them.  I tried numerous fixes, but finally gave up and upgraded.

On the power supply idea...my PC is plugged into a surge protector with other periferals and then into a power strip.  Might I be creating a problem there?

Cindy

#11 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Oh, I turned off all my startup programs and what I think are unecessary services, except Norton 360.  The only other thing I run intermittently is IE8 so I can talk to you guys. :)

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,072 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostSkindy, on 20 February 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but here's what I know.  Intel Core 2Duo Proc. E6400(2.13GHZ).

It is a good possibility that things worked fine before upgrading, but I am not positive.  It's been awhile since I used the program.  I upgraded to Win7 because I was having issues with Windows Photo Gallery (then Windows Live Photo Gallery ) and couldn't play imported video.  They would freeze WLP when I tried to play them.  I tried numerous fixes, but finally gave up and upgraded.

On the power supply idea...my PC is plugged into a surge protector with other periferals and then into a power strip.  Might I be creating a problem there?

Cindy

You had PC problems didn't resolve them then dirty installed a upgrade Windows 7 on top of the Vista operating system already installed?

Or you did a clean install of Windows 7 on a clean empty formatted hard drive?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#13 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

I installed Win7 keeping all my settings, I'm afraid.  If that's what a dirty install is. I think I hear eyes rolling....

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,072 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostSkindy, on 20 February 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I installed Win7 keeping all my settings, I'm afraid.  If that's what a dirty install is. I think I hear eyes rolling....

:rolleyes:

It is a good possibility that things worked fine before upgrading, but I am not positive. It's been awhile since I used the program.

So Creator 2011 was on the PC when the Vista to W-7 upgrade took place?
cd
Spoiler

#15 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yes, Creator was there.

#16 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for your help, cd...Since Creator 2011 was on my computer before the upgrade to Win7, what is your recommendation to do now?  I do not mind doing a clean install at a later date (will have to learn how though :)), but I'm on a tight deadline for this project and can't afford to have anything go wrong.  Is there a less drastic work around, like rolling back to Vista?  Is that even an option?  
Cindy

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostSkindy, on 22 February 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Thanks for your help, cd...Since Creator 2011 was on my computer before the upgrade to Win7, what is your recommendation to do now?  I do not mind doing a clean install at a later date (will have to learn how though :)), but I'm on a tight deadline for this project and can't afford to have anything go wrong.  Is there a less drastic work around, like rolling back to Vista?  Is that even an option?  
Cindy

If it's going to work and get you through the "I'm on a tight deadline for this project" finish it and deal with it later.

I've never been fond of upgrades! I start fresh with a formatted hard drive and install the OS on it. To many things to go wrong having a PC with all your programs loaded then upgrade the OS to a new one..
cd
Spoiler

#18 Skindy

Skindy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I've certainly learned a few things with this.  I really appreciate the help.  While my Videowave problem is making it more difficult to edit, limping along for now seems the best option.  A new OS will have to wait.  In the meantime, if there are any other suggestions for fix that might work, I'm all ears.
Cindy

#19 pangopete

pangopete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I use vista & same problem. 10 days since I bought software & 10 days communicating w/ Corel's "email only" tech support. Still no resolve. I'm curious as to whether any of the "gurus" help solved your problem.

#20 pangopete

pangopete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

PS: I'm using Creator NXT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users