Jump to content

Roxio Community

No Video Output, Only Audio Output


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RachelleDWilliams

RachelleDWilliams

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I just purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, Build: 301B37A, VH3 and installed the software on my computer.  The information for my laptop is as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 2009, Service Pack 1

I am trying to transfer home videos to DVD format, but the program only transfers the audio.  No video can be seen in the viewing portion of the window when the program is running.  I have connected with a S-video cable for my transfer.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

#2 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostRachelleDWilliams, on 20 February 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I just purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, Build: 301B37A, VH3 and installed the software on my computer.  The information for my laptop is as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 2009, Service Pack 1

I am trying to transfer home videos to DVD format, but the program only transfers the audio.  No video can be seen in the viewing portion of the window when the program is running.  I have connected with a S-video cable for my transfer.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!


What is the make and model # of your VCR?

#3 RachelleDWilliams

RachelleDWilliams

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postogdens, on 20 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

What is the make and model # of your VCR?

Make:  Sylvania VCR/DVD (2005)
Model:  DVC840F

#4 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostRachelleDWilliams, on 20 February 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Make:  Sylvania VCR/DVD (2005)
Model:  DVC840F


If you look at page 7 in your user manual for the VCR you will find that the S-Video is ONLY for DVD output.

You will have to use the composite connection(Yellow/Red/White RCA cable) from the DVD/VCR Video out jack.

Let us know if that works.

Edited by ogdens, 20 February 2012 - 04:15 PM.


#5 RachelleDWilliams

RachelleDWilliams

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postogdens, on 20 February 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

If you look at page 7 in your user manual for the VCR you will find that the S-Video is ONLY for DVD output.

You will have to use the composite connection(Yellow/Red/White RCA cable) from the DVD/VCR Video out jack.

Let us know if that works.

Thank you!  I will check that out and let you know if it works.  I do not have the Users Manual anymore for the VCR, so I wondered if it was something wrong with my connections.

#6 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostRachelleDWilliams, on 20 February 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Thank you!  I will check that out and let you know if it works.  I do not have the Users Manual anymore for the VCR, so I wondered if it was something wrong with my connections.


Go here for the manual  http://tv.manualsonl...ml?idRes=665489

#7 RachelleDWilliams

RachelleDWilliams

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postogdens, on 20 February 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Go here for the manual  http://tv.manualsonl...ml?idRes=665489

Thank you again...it works now!  :)

#8 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,246 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostRachelleDWilliams, on 20 February 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Thank you again...it works now!  :)


Your welcome.Thanks for the feedback.

Ogdens




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users