7 replies to this topic

#1 racemup

racemup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

I have wasted hours looked all over the WWW looking for info on this. My Gawd? Is no one else looking for this. Youtube sends me a threatening Email. They have blocked Monetization on my latest vid that I have spent untold hours on adding the royalty free music tracks provided by Creator 2012 Roxio. THEY WANT A LINK TO THE LICENSING TERMS FOR ROXIO - IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS .... OR ELSE! I have no idea where to find that link. Why must this be so hard?

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,262 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hello,

If you're using the Triple Scoop music that Roxio provides for your use, and you've installed Creator 2012 in the default directories, you can find the End User Licensing Agreement in
C:\Program Files\Roxio 2012\5.0\license.txt at section (n)

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#3 racemup

racemup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostBrendon, on 21 February 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Hello,

If you're using the Triple Scoop music that Roxio provides for your use, and you've installed Creator 2012 in the default directories, you can find the End User Licensing Agreement in
C:\Program Files\Roxio 2012\5.0\license.txt at section (n)

Regards,
Brendon
Thanks for that: I was able to find that on my C Drive. Youtube is asking for a link as if they could find this info out on the Web. Which would not seem too likely to me. Sheesh - the longer they keep us running around, the better it seems. Doesn't bother them any  :-(   I copied the license terms to Works and will try to send that to them. Hopefully that will make them happy.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,256 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

They are the ones who get fined if you are violating copyrights ;)

Keep us informed on your progress :D
Posted Image

#5 racemup

racemup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

So, nobody else chimes in on this thread? I really am all alone in this YouTube battle. Okay, so I packaged up my reply to the YouTube Poletzi very nicely with the entire Roxio licensing rights attached as well as as the section that deals with triple scoop music copied into the e-mail. I asked them questions as to exactly what would be needed because I have other edited videos waiting to be posted and want to make use of the background audio in many more videos. Days later they respond again. Again they give me the same cut and paste responses they did before, referring me to their section that deals with using background music from editing programs. They answered NONE of my questions again. Leaving me to wonder whether they even bother to read any of this at all. And of course there again is the dire warning that I can have my entire account terminated for such violations like I am some kind of a God damned revolutionary instead of just some poor schmo who's trying to do up a few vids and maybe make a few pennies down the road.

By then I am livid. I respond to them again pasting the specific section into the body of my e-mail again so they can read directly about Triple Scoop. Again I asked them to please specifically address what the problem is so that I can address it. But I should ask here isn't anybody else running into this? I mean Roxio is a big editing product probably with millions of customers you would think that the product would absolutely have to be known to the YouTube pencil necks. I mean after all I would think that these guys are doing this day in and day out they're not living in a cave. And I end up getting treated like an outlaw because they can't take the time to do their job right. There is no excuse for that kind of lousy customer service. I am pushing 60 and I just don't have that much time left in my life to be running around in circles for them. Tell me what you want! That is all I ask of them. They can't do it...

Days have gone by now no further response from them it is as if I have been blown off. So I don't know what to do. That vid sits on YouTube getting a pretty good response but I cannot monetize it. At one time I was hoping I might make a few pennies for all of my efforts. This brings up something else that really sticks in my craw. I have 80 videos posted on YouTube I could not begin to calculate the hours and time invested. One of them is an automotive how to repair vid. It has been my best and actually made me 100 bucks through Google Adsence after 15 months. I was thinking I might do okay with a bunch more of my vids despite all of the concerned remarks from family and friends who think I'm turning into some kind of YouTube nutcase. But YouTube has started messing around with their algorithm (this mystical equation that governs how people's vids are found within the vast search engine). And my revenues have dropped right through the floor. So my overall experience with YouTube has deteriorated immensely. I don't know why I am writing all this, here is just probably not the right place but then again posting this somewhere else could result in who knows what. They could take down my whole channel and really what could I ever do about it?

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,256 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

If your responses are packed tightly together and as lengthy are Post #5, they may not be reading them closely :lol:

Space it out and keep them brief ;)

Is any of this in a place where you could post a link?
Posted Image

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Have you been here and inquired about this?

http://triplescoopmu...ercial-Products

Attached File  2.jpg   902.91K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#8 racemup

racemup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Well, now I know that Triple Scoop will not license me the rights for "Monetized" vids. So that is cleared up but there remains plenty of problems with what Google is doing,. Hundereds on their forums are pissed about these recent probs with the YouTube Music police. Many feel that they have bots scanning our vids and that is why we don't get human answers back from YouTube.

View PostJim_Hardin, on 07 March 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

If your responses are packed tightly together and as lengthy are Post #5, they may not be reading them closely :lol:

Space it out and keep them brief ;)

Is any of this in a place where you could post a link?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users