• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Please, i need to buy DIRECTCD software that in old time it usual come with easy creator. I just formated, and I forgot to take a copy. Please, anybody can help me, thanks in advance, ouvidoria

#2 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

The purpose of use of directcd is that I need to delete the references/indexes of CD-R that I dont use more and I give it to a recycling project that only use the shape of the useless CD-R, but I prevent at least damage the index/reference to the data inside the the CD-R that people dont need more and can't reuse as midia for knew recording. Please, anybody can help-me to where can I buy another DIRECTCD software for this purpose. Best regards to all roxio guys team. Very thanks in advance, Ouvidoria.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postouvidoria, on 21 February 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Please, i need to buy DIRECTCD software that in old time it usual come with easy creator. I just formated, and I forgot to take a copy. Please, anybody can help me, thanks in advance, ouvidoria

Dropped from Roxio software in Easy Media Creator 10.

In Windows 7 it has a form of DirectCD called Live File System.

Read all about it here.>>  http://windows.micro...at-should-I-use
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

The purpose of use of directcd is that I need to delete the references/indexes of CD-R that I dont use more and I give it to a recycling project that only use the shape of the useless CD-R, but I prevent at least damage the index/reference to the data inside the the CD-R that people dont need more and can't reuse as midia for knew recording. Unfortunately, I have formate my drive and forgot to take a copy of directcd software. Please, anybody can help-me to where can I buy another DIRECTCD software for this purpose. Best regards to all roxio guys team. Very thanks in advance, Ouvidoria.

#5 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thankyou for the attention. Please, when you say "Dropped from Roxio software in Easy Media Creator 10 // In Windows 7 it has a form of DirectCD called Live File System", does this "Live File System" erase the index of a already closed and burned CD-R to hide the data inside for comom readind softwares ? This is the purpose that I need to rebuy my olde directcd software... please, help me, ouvidoria

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

View Postouvidoria, on 21 February 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

The purpose of use of directcd is that I need to delete the references/indexes of CD-R that I dont use more and I give it to a recycling project that only use the shape of the useless CD-R, but I prevent at least damage the index/reference to the data inside the the CD-R that people dont need more and can't reuse as midia for knew recording. Unfortunately, I have formate my drive and forgot to take a copy of directcd software. Please, anybody can help-me to where can I buy another DIRECTCD software for this purpose. Best regards to all roxio guys team. Very thanks in advance, Ouvidoria.

Please do not post the same message all over the forums.

Direct CD has not been available 5 or more years and cannot be purchased from Roxio. Try e-bay

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Thanks 4 the attention Digital Guru. But this is the challenger that I need the guru to help solve the problem to find out who can help with software. Of course I have looked for in e-bay, but there isnt there. So, I need help from the roxio and adaptec users and guys. Please, help me, finding out a full version of directcd software. Very thanks in advance and best regards, ouvidoria@ymail.com

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,250 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Direct CD will not erase material already burned on a CD-R. Only rewriteable discs can be erased by overwriting.

Anything you have burned on a CD-R will still be there no matter what you later write on the disc.

The only way to prevent it being read by someone who knows what he's doing, is to physically damage the disc. These discs are "write once", and you can't "write once more" on an area which has been written on.

This applies to both Direct CD and the Windows 7 Live File System.

If you want to make the disc completely unreadable without damaging its shape, try this:
-put half a cup of water in a microwave oven as a load to avoid damage
-put the disc on top of the cup
-start the microwave and push STOP the moment you see sparks on the disc [about 3 seconds]

If your CD-Rs hold sensitive data and you don't want to microwave them, destroy them. Don't give them away.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postouvidoria, on 21 February 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Thanks 4 the attention Digital Guru. But this is the challenger that I need the guru to help solve the problem to find out who can help with software. Of course I have looked for in e-bay, but there isnt there. So, I need help from the roxio and adaptec users and guys. Please, help me, finding out a full version of directcd software. Very thanks in advance and best regards, ouvidoria@ymail.com

What version of Direct CD are you looking for?.

Also, what Operating System do you have XP/Vista?W7?.

Edited by ogdens, 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,250 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ouvidoria posted his question in several different places [Tsk!] and they were being answered in different places.

I have merged his other topics with this one to save answering things several times over.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

#11 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

Brendon, thank very much. Please, I need to find somebody who can help me to find out directcd from adaptec or roxio.

For all kindly people that is trying to help in a positive way in this chalenger.

Windows XP environment for directcd adaptec software. Just for information, roxio is the second company that incorporate directcd, after the aquisition from adaptec. Despite this is not the purpose, sorry. I need help to find DIRECTCD SOFTWARE compatible with windows xp or earlier. Thanks again in advance, but there is some misunderstanding of tryings to explain histories, laws, dates, functions, etc, despite the purpose of this topic is to find somebody who can locate DIRECTCD SOFTWARE, and not about explanations on the process because there is no doubt about process. Very thanks, but really who dont knows where I can find DIRECT CD software, please, there is no necessity to  try to explain anything out of the topic or try to be negative in this challenger to find out a software that was descontinued. Please , I appologize if my poor english dont spell the object / purpose of this topic, but there is to many obvious contributions that dont aggregate anything for the claimed help to find out DIRECTCD software from adaptec or after creation of roxio. Very thanks in advance, please, somebody else who can help... best regards, sincery, ouvidoria@gmail.com

#12 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

sorry the correct contact is ouvidoria@ymail.com instead of gmail.com

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

No one is going to send you a email except spammers that picked up your email address from here!

Only place I know you will find it.

I would go with 4 Deluxe or 5 Platinum. Stay away from the OEM's you probably won't get what you want.

Easy CD Creator 5.

http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

Easy CD Creator 4.

http://www.ebay.com/...6.c0.m270.l1313
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#14 ouvidoria

ouvidoria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thank you very much our "the true" guru cdanteek , you focused in my difficult and show the solution. You are THE Man. Best regards and thank everybody else, sincery, ouvidoria

#15 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postouvidoria, on 22 February 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Thank you very much our "the true" guru cdanteek , you focused in my difficult and show the solution. You are THE Man. Best regards and thank everybody else, sincery, ouvidoria

You could still have problems ahead........

ECDC 4 does not work with WinXP. so be careful which one you get.

Also read this  http://forums.suppor...ersion-5-in-xp/  

You could try CDRoller or isobuster and see if those help (the trial versions will let you see if it can read the files before you buy it)

If it sees your files then you just copy them to your hard drive and edit and re-burn .

Edited by ogdens, 22 February 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#16 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,250 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

The OP isn't trying to RECOVER files off Direct CD discs, Tony.

He thinks he can use Direct CD to securely erase CD-R discs before he gives them away, and doesn't believe that it can't be done.

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postogdens, on 22 February 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

You could still have problems ahead........

ECDC 4 does not work with WinXP. so be careful which one you get.

Also read this  http://forums.suppor...ersion-5-in-xp/  

You could try CDRoller or isobuster and see if those help (the trial versions will let you see if it can read the files before you buy it)

If it sees your files then you just copy them to your hard drive and edit and re-burn .

Post # 11... ;)

I need help to find DIRECTCD SOFTWARE compatible with windows xp or earlier.

:rolleyes:
cd
Spoiler

#18 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 22 February 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Post # 11... ;)

:rolleyes:

I missed the "earlier.

Cheers

#19 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostBrendon, on 22 February 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

He thinks he can use Direct CD to securely erase CD-R discs before he gives them away, and doesn't believe that it can't be done.

Its hard to figure out what his real intentions are. By offering the 2 recovery programs he could copy them off and do what he wants..........the bottom line is he wants Direct CD.
Lets see if we get any response.

Edited by ogdens, 22 February 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#20 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostBrendon, on 22 February 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

The OP also has this thread in another message board.  He does not want to "erase" the CD but only wants to "destroy" the directory on the CD.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users