Jump to content

Roxio Community

No Photos


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boongsong

boongsong

    Apprentice

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm starting this new post at the risk of being chastised for not following other links that have similiar problems. I do so because I'm not sure anyone is following the other posts because they are from last year.
But, here is what I posted as a reply to fldoggies post:
I have the same problem. I'm using PS 6.0.0 build 872. Installed latest update. I'm using HP s5310f w/4gb mem, 600 gb hd, Win 7, Norton 2011.
I just completed a photoshow comprised of 372 photos(jpg), of my vacation to Laos in December, w/captions and mp3 music. When I completed the project, I saved it in the videos folder under libraries. I then clicked Done, then burn to DVD. It took approx 30 mins to burn and when I played it on my Sony DVD player, all I get is music w/black screen. Same thing when I play it on my computer (using burned disc).
Any ideas why my pictures are missing.
Here's additional information:
I uploaded the photoshow to my personal page. It plays perfectly. I also downloaded it to MyYP and when I click on the link therein, it
takes me to my Roxio PS page and plays perfectly.
However, nothing but music on my DVD player and computer if I use the disc.
Any suggestions?? Really frustrating to spend over a week working on a project only to end-up with a "zero".
Any ideas appriciated.

#2 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postboongsong, on 21 February 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm starting this new post at the risk of being chastised for not following other links that have similiar problems. I do so because I'm not sure anyone is following the other posts because they are from last year.
But, here is what I posted as a reply to fldoggies post:
I have the same problem. I'm using PS 6.0.0 build 872. Installed latest update. I'm using HP s5310f w/4gb mem, 600 gb hd, Win 7, Norton 2011.
I just completed a photoshow comprised of 372 photos(jpg), of my vacation to Laos in December, w/captions and mp3 music. When I completed the project, I saved it in the videos folder under libraries. I then clicked Done, then burn to DVD. It took approx 30 mins to burn and when I played it on my Sony DVD player, all I get is music w/black screen. Same thing when I play it on my computer (using burned disc).
Any ideas why my pictures are missing.
Here's additional information:
I uploaded the photoshow to my personal page. It plays perfectly. I also downloaded it to MyYP and when I click on the link therein, it
takes me to my Roxio PS page and plays perfectly.
However, nothing but music on my DVD player and computer if I use the disc.
Any suggestions?? Really frustrating to spend over a week working on a project only to end-up with a "zero".
Any ideas appriciated.

What brand of DVD discs are you using?   If you use Windiows to explore the disc, what do you see on it?   Have you tried burniing anything else with the optical drive - it may be bad.  Usually you would get an error if that happened.  Are you getting any errors? \

The next most likely cause is the size of the images.  Reduce them  using a photo editing program.  When I say reduce, I do not mean cut or trim.   Whioch photo editing program are you using?

Edited by sknis, 22 February 2012 - 04:15 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 boongsong

boongsong

    Apprentice

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postsknis, on 22 February 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

What brand of DVD discs are you using?   If you use Windiows to explore the disc, what do you see on it?   Have you tried burniing anything else with the optical drive - it may be bad.  Usually you would get an error if that happened.  Are you getting any errors? \

The next most likely cause is the size of the images.  Reduce them  using a photo editing program.  When I say reduce, I do not mean cut or trim.   Whioch photo editing program are you using?

Hi sknis. It's been awhile since I've been in Roxio Forums. Glad to see you are still here.
I'm including a couple snapshots of the disc properties photo sizes. The are the same size I've been using on other photoshows and
never had a problem. FYI I just uploaded all three photoshows to my Roxio ps page. Look good.
The discs I'm using are Sony DVD-R 4.7gb 16x/1x. Also using them for dvd movies no problem. In fact, I just burned 3 photoshows on
those discs and they all came out right. It's just the last one that failed to burn photos.
I'm not overly concerned with the last disc that didn't come out as everything is now on Roxio but am curious as to what might have
happend or what I might have done wrong. Just in case it happens again.
Thanks for all your help in the past on my problems with Creator.

Attached Images

  • Photoshow clip files Capture.JPG
  • photo properties Capture.JPG


#4 Lucky Dux

Lucky Dux

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

I have been having the same problem. When export to either WMV for MPEG format (which takes a looooong time), the resulting file has audio only, no video. I have uninstalled and reinstall the software (I have build 872). This is no help. Also, on the web site I have tried to use the 'save as mp4 video' I either get an error message right away saying "We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later." or I get an email about 1 minute later saying 'there was a problem, please try again'

#5 GrannyPat

GrannyPat

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have the same problem with four Photoshows created within the past 2 weeks. They upload to the online gallery and play on-line fine, but when I tried to burn them to DVD, I got a disc which contains only the music, not the pictures.  When I tried again to burn one of the shows, I realized that the problem is occuring during the Photoshow processing, not during the disc burning.  I am able to burn previously created shows from my gallery with no problem, using the same burner and the same discs.

On the shows giving me the problem, I notice that during the "Processing Photos" segment of the procedure, the pictures do not appear in the little black rectangle on the right side of the processing window, as they normally do during this segment, even though the window says it is processing the photos.

As a test, I created a new show using about 60 of the same photos and 3 of the same music tracks. It burned to DVD with no problem, pictures included.

#6 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostGrannyPat, on 26 March 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I have the same problem with four Photoshows created within the past 2 weeks. They upload to the online gallery and play on-line fine, but when I tried to burn them to DVD, I got a disc which contains only the music, not the pictures.  When I tried again to burn one of the shows, I realized that the problem is occuring during the Photoshow processing, not during the disc burning.  I am able to burn previously created shows from my gallery with no problem, using the same burner and the same discs.

On the shows giving me the problem, I notice that during the "Processing Photos" segment of the procedure, the pictures do not appear in the little black rectangle on the right side of the processing window, as they normally do during this segment, even though the window says it is processing the photos.

As a test, I created a new show using about 60 of the same photos and 3 of the same music tracks. It burned to DVD with no problem, pictures included.

Contact support here:  Live chat is currently available.

I'm on with them now.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users