10 replies to this topic

#1 RichjB

RichjB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

When I try to write a video to disc using Easy VHS to DVD 3, I frequently get the message "There was a problem writing to the disc."  I have successfully written several discs with this same setup but now I am consistently getting this error.  I have tried a different DVD (I am using 4.7 GBytes 1x - 16x compatible) but I get the same error.  I am limiting the amount I write to less than 1 hr of video.
I've tried quitting the app and restarting but no joy.  I will do a re-boot (it is Windoiws after all) and see if that helps.
In the mean time, does anyone have a solution to this?
Rich.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Could be your Media...

Could be your Burner...

Could be the software, but that would be a distant third :lol:

Most of us stick with Verbatim (Singapore  Mfg.) & Taiyo Yuden (JVC) as far as media goes ;)

You could try shutting off your startup items & AV (outlined here - Prep Steps) then start the install & choose Repair.
Posted Image

#3 RichjB

RichjB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Jim!  I'll add 'could be Windows.'  Following a re-boot, I could write to the DVD.  Seriousdly, I don't think it is Windows.

Your 'could be the media' maybe right.  I am using Staples DVDs - who knows who makes them.  I guess a DVD is not a DVD is not a DVD!  I'll try Verbatim and JVC.  I have used Sony DVDs and do not recall a problem there.

I'll also look at prep steps.

Thanks again!

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,250 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostRichjB, on 22 February 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Thanks Jim!  I'll add 'could be Windows.' Following a re-boot, I could write to the DVD.  Seriousdly, I don't think it is Windows.

Your 'could be the media' maybe right.  I am using Staples DVDs - who knows who makes them.  I guess a DVD is not a DVD is not a DVD!  I'll try Verbatim and JVC.  I have used Sony DVDs and do not recall a problem there.

I'll also look at prep steps.

Thanks again!

Are you using XP by any chance?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 cmg1

cmg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

I have a similar problem.

I just bought Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (box kit HW and Sw) and a new Samsung burner (TSSTcoprCDDVDW SH-224BB SB00- checked and it is latest firmware) from Newegg.

1. Installed both on Dell Vostro 200 Win XP SP3. First Project. No problem. Converted VHS Video to .mpg and burned no problem.

2. 2nd project Converted to .mpg started the burn and went to bed. Next morning woke up to blue screen of death. Rebooted. Tried burning 2nd project get "Problem Writing to Disc Error".

3.Did a repair Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus software re-installation. Tried burning 2nd project get "Problem Writing to Disc Error".

4.Next unistalled and reinstalled Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus as described in000012552- Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products.

5.Tried burning 1st project again to disc but get "Problem Writing to Disc Error". Note this worked the first time.

6.Next burned first project using Roxio Creator 2009 on same disc, compure and burner that failed using Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and it burned fine and played in home entertainment DVD player.

What needs to be done to get Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus to burn discs reliably?

#6 JaredMasterTag

JaredMasterTag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am having the same type of issue: "Problem Writing to Disc Error".  Have not gotten it to work at all. I have the Roxio easy CD creator to copy disks and that works fine burning DVDs.  So I know the DVD burner itself works fine.

I am running windows XP SP3.

I am able to create a mpeg video file and watch that, but I cannot burn a DVD.  The owners wants this to convert VHS home movies to DVD, but I cannot have the user creating a MPEG video then using another peace of software to burn the movie.  We purchased this because I have used roxio in the past and it has been rock solid, but cannot get this to work at all the way it is advertised.

Does anyone know the actual Roxio tech support phone number or is this blog the only thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you want tech support and are willing to pay for it, go here.

I assume you bought this more than 30 days ago.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#8 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostJaredMasterTag, on 02 November 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I am having the same type of issue: "Problem Writing to Disc Error".  Have not gotten it to work at all. I have the Roxio easy CD creator to copy disks and that works fine burning DVDs.  So I know the DVD burner itself works fine.

I am running windows XP SP3.

I am able to create a mpeg video file and watch that, but I cannot burn a DVD.  The owners wants this to convert VHS home movies to DVD, but I cannot have the user creating a MPEG video then using another peace of software to burn the movie.  We purchased this because I have used roxio in the past and it has been rock solid, but cannot get this to work at all the way it is advertised.

Does anyone know the actual Roxio tech support phone number or is this blog the only thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please describe with some detail exactly what you are doing especially when trying to create the DVD.

Capturing first to your hard drive and then burning to DVD is the most reliable and recommended way to transfer VHS video to a DVD.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#9 WAC1949

WAC1949

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I have had the same annoying problem, but have stumbled on a  "fix."   Go to the Control Panel, then "Uninstall a Program."  Select the Roxio program and  "Uninstall."  Select "Repair."  It will start re-installing the program and you will need your installation disc.  It's worked for me every time (roughly 10 times).  Unfortunately the problem recurs about every other time I try to burn  a disc.

This program has other bugs as well, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

#10 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostWAC1949, on 23 January 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

I have had the same annoying problem, but have stumbled on a  "fix."   Go to the Control Panel, then "Uninstall a Program."  Select the Roxio program and  "Uninstall."  Select "Repair."  It will start re-installing the program and you will need your installation disc.  It's worked for me every time (roughly 10 times).  Unfortunately the problem recurs about every other time I try to burn  a disc.

Your supposed solution is obviously not a "fix" since you have to do it over and over again.
There is something wrong with your system or setup or how your are proceeding. The program works just fine and I have not come across any bugs.
If you are having problems why don't you tell us about them instead of making a general, unsupported claim.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#11 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostWAC1949, on 23 January 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Way back when, an overly aggressive Registry Cleaner would remove some Roxio .dll and the program would not work.  Are you using a registry cleaner either as a stand alone or as part of an anti-virus?  Most of those problems were fixed but you may be running into the same issue.  There is really NO GOOD REASON to run a registry cleaner.  The benefit only the people who sell them.

Have you noticed any other issues with software or files on your hard drive.   I suggest that you run the Windows "Error Check " on that drive.  It used to be called disk check. (Windows Computer- system drive (c usually) -properties- tools- Error check.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users