Creator 7 To Creator Pro 2012

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 davethemedic

davethemedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Computing, colecting old films, teaching pre hospital care skills and first aid.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

Hi Guys, I have a new HP 430 laptop. windows 7 IE9. and Roxio creator pro 2012.
On incerting some cdrw my system says they are blank. When I incert them im my old Neo HGL31 they are read ok (roxio creator 7).

I dont know if its a hardware problem or a soft ware problem or compatibility.

Processor: Intel®Core™i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHZ
Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB (1.85 usable)
System type: 32 bit Operating system

The cdrw's contain very important material, I would realy appreciate your help.

David Payne aka davethemedic

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,741 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postdavethemedic, on 22 February 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Hi Guys, I have a new HP 430 laptop. windows 7 IE9. and Roxio creator pro 2012.
On incerting some cdrw my system says they are blank. When I incert them im my old Neo HGL31 they are read ok (roxio creator 7).

I dont know if its a hardware problem or a soft ware problem or compatibility.

Processor: Intel®Core™i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHZ
Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB (1.85 usable)
System type: 32 bit Operating system

The cdrw's contain very important material, I would realy appreciate your help.

David Payne aka davethemedic

Probably wrote to disc with Drag To Disc (D2D)

You need to recover the data on those disc's and re-burn using Creator Classic in V 7 to a CD-R and close the disc's. That way they will be read in all PC's. UDF Packet Writing (D2D) some folks encountered problems and data loss. Do it now!
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,527 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

I don't see how D2D would not be readable in Win7??? All Windows OS's since Win 98 on have been able to read the UDF formated discs and Vista as well as Win7 can create thier own.

cd's solution is sound and what you should follow!

While you have it in Creator 7; Creator Classic, I belive it is under Tools where you can get Disc Info? (been a while ;) ) I am curious what that reports for the file system:

CDFS
CDUDFRW
CDUDFR
UDFRDR

Posted Image

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,910 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hi Jim,

If I can help Davethemedic, it's from the Home application, Tools > Extras and Utilities > Disc and Device Utility > Disc Properties.
What do you see where mine shows UDF, Dave?

Attached File  d+d.jpg   68.77K   0 downloads

Edited by Brendon, 22 February 2012 - 02:14 PM.

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

So, what happens now?

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,527 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Yes, that was what I was looking for :lol:
Posted Image

#6 davethemedic

davethemedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Computing, colecting old films, teaching pre hospital care skills and first aid.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostBrendon, on 22 February 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hi Jim,

If I can help Davethemedic, it's from the Home application, Tools > Extras and Utilities > Disc and Device Utility > Disc Properties.
What do you see where mine shows UDF, Dave?

Attachment d+d.jpg

Hi Jim and Brendon, Thanks for your input, I am now aware of UDF etc and can now resolve the problem - I confess I was about ready to junk 2012, which would have been sad as I have successfully used creator 6 and 7 with older machines using Win98 and XP, I was beginning to think the new Win7 and IE9 were too much trouble. However creator 2012 is OK! It really was close nearly went to the enemy Nero! he he.

again thanks

davethemedic

Edited by davethemedic, 23 February 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,910 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

How did you make your new computer see the old discs, Dave?
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

So, what happens now?

#8 davethemedic

davethemedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostBrendon, on 23 February 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

How did you make your new computer see the old discs, Dave?

Hi Brendon, I wish I knew, I'm not sure I did anything actually. I did several things that might have done it; I used Ccleaner several times, I did a repair of Roxio creator 2012, and I reinstalled the driver (s) and I guess one of those actions did the trick. It is frustrating though I would really like to know for knowings sake and to know what to do if it happens again. I really hate not knowing.

Is that too many knowings? he he. I am not exactly new to computing but all that I do know is self taught, mostly by trial and much error. many times I have had to format C: and do a complete and reinstall windows. For that reason I don't like pre installed software and insist on the software when i have gotten a new PC or laptop. Here in the Philippines there all crooks they take out the discs reseal up the box and try to sell you the software separately. Theres no PC World here for help and advice.

One interesting thing I have learned here is that DVD writer drives do not last long here 2 yrs or so I think its the humidity. Many here use an external writer insted of buying a new int drive which is what I would do in the UK.

davethemedic

Edited by davethemedic, 27 February 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,527 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

1. NEVER use a Reg Cleaner (they break more than they can ever fix)

2. See No. 1 :lol:

As you can see, there are several basic UDF formats and we didn't even get into versions. But keep this in mind, in general no one has lost data from a burned disc unless they used Packet Writing :huh:

A few of my CD's go back to 1997 (closed data CD's). Not a single Packet Writing disc has survived from that time... RW's are NOT Permanent! Packet Writing has proven to be less than reliable ;)

If it is worth saving to you, surely it is worth the cost of a good brand, 'R' CD or DVD...

UDF is fine, almost all of my discs are written using it. Packet Writing is the problem.
Posted Image

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,910 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postdavethemedic, on 27 February 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Hi Brendon, I wish I knew, I'm not sure I did anything actually. I did several things that might have done it; I used Ccleaner several times, I did a repair of Roxio creator 2012, and I reinstalled the driver (s) and I guess one of those actions did the trick. It is frustrating though I would really like to know for knowings sake and to know what to do if it happens again. I really hate not knowing.

<snip>

One interesting thing I have learned here is that DVD writer drives do not last long here 2 yrs or so I think its the humidity. Many here use an external writer insted of buying a new int drive which is what I would do in the UK.

It might well have been the repair of Creator 2012 or the driver reinstall which fixed it.

I use CCleaner at least once a day to keep my system in shape, and it has never broken anything for me but it does clean a lot of file garbage. I'm more careful when it comes to registry cleaners, and use only RegCleaner in single-time mode.

I agree about the humidity. In Samoa I found that VHS tapes which were left out of the air-con area of the house grew large patches of white mold on the edges of the tape after a couple of days. Military electronics have to be "tropicalized" with anti-fungal, anti-moisture coatings, so you can only guess what household electronics have to put up with.

So, what happens now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users